Metal Music

TheCalliton

All music sings about "feelings" in some way, love, hate, religion, etc.

Not all metal is the same...there is Satanic metal, death metal, goth metal, black metal...etc.

Ah Metallica...kinda sold out? lol...they sold out. After the black album it all went downhill...although Death Magnetic was quite a shock to me....:P

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<--metal head

I have a funny off topic story to add about metal: It was a lazy saturday afternoon, I was writing a new manuscript, and listening to metallica, when my negihbour started belting out iron maiden at the top of his speakers. I retaliated with MORE volume from metallia, and so it continued for about ten minutes till my other neighbour yelled "SHUT THE EFF UP YOU W********RS!!!!"

Ehhh, I loled.

They do that once a week with me since I'm supporting a metal radio DJ for 2 hours a week I personally know of. lol

Sometime in the middle 80ties heavy metal wasn't any good any more for me, because the bands I've heard before from the seventies adapted to what I call candy metal or broke apart. I'm listening more to old songs than new ones.

Oooh! A metal thread!

I'm an old metal head (I'll be 41 this December :P ), and have been into the more extreme acts since the 80s when bands like Possessed and Death coined the Death Metal moniker. Now more 'acceptable' metal acts notwithstanding, I know my stuff scares people with the extremely violent speed and intensity of bands like Belphegor and Vomitory, or the extreme gore of bands like Impaled and Exhumed. The deathgrowl style of vocals I personally love really turns people off as well, the comment of :"that's not even music" really irks me however. Yes it is music, you may not like it, and you are entitled to your opinion, but it's purchased via the music sections of the various outlets that sell it, and you can find articles on Wikipedia that are specific to the various metal genres (death metal, technical death metal, black metal, thrash metal, blackened death metal (sometimes referred to as plague metal), brutal death metal, technical brutal death metal, power metal, goregrind, grindcore, viking metal, etc.). Metal is my favorite form of music, but I also enjoy/tolerate Classical, Alternative, Classic Rock, Oldies, and etc. I get a kick out of following a Cannibal Corpse CD with something classical like Berlioz or Strauss and then I get the really odd looks! :devil:

A very cool site that I use to get my album art for my iPod: http://www.metal-archives.com/

They list an insane amount of bands plus places to purchase albums. I had to replace my very large collection of cassette tapes that got ruined with CDs and they were instrumental in helping me replace most/all of my collection. Some were really hard to replace though, Demolition Hammer's Tortured Existence album I had to get from Kazakhstan on E-Bay!

Ahh...metal. There is nothing wrong with metal music, and if you like it then thats great. It's is just that people see metal as screams and heavy beats even though it is inaccurate at least. It is just in not many people's taste to like metal and I don't see it change any time soon. I personally don't like metal and I find it very heavy and not suitable to my tastes. Plus when people hear metal, they think of fat losers who live in their parents basement, playing video games or bikers who do crime (not stating that everyone here is one of those people).

Thanks to my fondness for metal and gargantuan Edifier speaker setup Im a lousy neighbour. I have oft been involved in volume wars(when the participants, either neighbours or housemates, continualy turn up the volume to try and drown out the other's music) and tend to earn the ire of every old man in the neighbourhood at once the moment I move in. I live in the outer psuedosuburbs of Melbourne. a state capital in southern australia's heavily populated coastal regions. And the population is mostly angry old men. Normaly its silent except for the sounds of boring conservatives doing boring conservative things.

I was recently sworn at by someone for "ruining a perfectly agreeable afternoon with perfectly foul ruckus" IE blasting my neighbour's ears off with a deafening and accidental barrage of death metal. It was an accident too! I was tinkering with my PC under the desk, installing some new wiring that would activate my tv's HD abilities, and my leg bumped a standing lamp, which toppled over and whacked the play button on my sound system, and then fell off and landed on the "increase volume key" the result was hilarious. One minute, pristine postcard conservatism. The next, screamin death metal belting out so forcefully that my 70 something neighbour, mowing his lawn at the time, came and swore at me through the window while I was busy shutting the damn thing off.

He wasnt even nice enough to realise that it had deafened me more than him. But hey, Im a 19 year old guy who dresses wierdly and has dreadlocks, and writes novels, living in a suburb where every other 19 year old is shaved and expected to dress in slacks and tucked in shirts, and write nothing reports, conflict was bound to happen.

Thanks to my fondness for metal and gargantuan Edifier speaker setup Im a lousy neighbour. I have oft been involved in volume wars(when the participants, either neighbours or housemates, continualy turn up the volume to try and drown out the other's music) and tend to earn the ire of every old man in the neighbourhood at once the moment I move in. I live in the outer psuedosuburbs of Melbourne. a state capital in southern australia's heavily populated coastal regions. And the population is mostly angry old men. Normaly its silent except for the sounds of boring conservatives doing boring conservative things.

I was recently sworn at by someone for "ruining a perfectly agreeable afternoon with perfectly foul ruckus" IE blasting my neighbour's ears off with a deafening and accidental barrage of death metal. It was an accident too! I was tinkering with my PC under the desk, installing some new wiring that would activate my tv's HD abilities, and my leg bumped a standing lamp, which toppled over and whacked the play button on my sound system, and then fell off and landed on the "increase volume key" the result was hilarious. One minute, pristine postcard conservatism. The next, screamin death metal belting out so forcefully that my 70 something neighbour, mowing his lawn at the time, came and swore at me through the window while I was busy shutting the damn thing off.

He wasnt even nice enough to realise that it had deafened me more than him. But hey, Im a 19 year old guy who dresses wierdly and has dreadlocks, and writes novels, living in a suburb where every other 19 year old is shaved and expected to dress in slacks and tucked in shirts, and write nothing reports, conflict was bound to happen.

Haha, now that's a funny story. I have some old neighbours too, they complain when they hear only a bit of music from my window.

They call my landlord pretty often cuz I "listen to music so loud that they can't sleep at 6pm". She really said that.

That made me a bit angry and I showed them the real meaning of loud music, playing Scar Symmetry with the volume crunk up without caring about the neighbours :devil:

If they come and complain about "filthy unmusical nonesense" then give em a taste of something truly bad. I once was sworn at for playing some of the best death metal ever composed. So I borrowed my girlfriend's Avril Lavigne album, tossed it in the player, set it to auto repeat "girlfriend" at max volume, and took aforementioned girlfriend on a date. Oh the rage when I came home... Im glad I moved out 2 weeks later, else I would have been attacked I think. :)

For those who dont recognise the name of that "musician" think lady gaga but even less talented. A squeaky voiced little tart who sung badly written lyrics with all the sweet melody of a chainsaw slicing through puppies.

If they come and complain about "filthy unmusical nonesense" then give em a taste of something truly bad. I once was sworn at for playing some of the best death metal ever composed. So I borrowed my girlfriend's Avril Lavigne album, tossed it in the player, set it to auto repeat "girlfriend" at max volume, and took aforementioned girlfriend on a date. Oh the rage when I came home... Im glad I moved out 2 weeks later, else I would have been attacked I think. :)

For those who dont recognise the name of that "musician" think lady gaga but even less talented. A squeaky voiced little tart who sung badly written lyrics with all the sweet melody of a chainsaw slicing through puppies.

dude... nobody deserves that...

anyways, i was hoping for one person to come here and give the oposit oppinion lol

I am a young metalhead (only 14) but I listen to a lot of old stuff like black sabbath, iron maiden megadeth and also quite a lot of gothic metal like poisonblack, mourning beloveth and my dying bride. I think people just don't listen to the music and just hear noise because thats what they expect to hear, thanks to media manipulation etc. They just act dismissive. I also love destroyer 666. Also, some people get confused and start listening to stuff like evanesence and call their selves metalheads for the attention.