Metal Music

TheCalliton

I also get a lot of poo from people because I listen to metal. They just don't understand how beautiful it really is. One thing that really pisses me of is that people don't see metal as real music. They're like: They're just screaming and abusing their instruments. I can do that too. They don't know how much skill that screaming and abusing really takes. Most people think that extreme metal vocalists are bad singers and can't sing and just scream insted, that's so wrong and makes me really angry. I just wish the could see that it isn't just random noise and and screaming singers.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also get a lot of poo from people because I listen to metal. They just don't understand how beautiful it really is. One thing that really pisses me of is that people don't see metal as real music. They're like: They're just screaming and abusing their instruments. I can do that too. They don't know how much skill that screaming and abusing really takes. Most people think that extreme metal vocalists are bad singers and can't sing and just scream insted, that's so wrong and makes me really angry. I just wish the could see that it isn't just random noise and and screaming singers.

i myself dont like screamers, i prefer singers

to me the screaming just isnt... right to my ears

I'm not really into screams either, but growls are a different thing. I don't know where you draw the line between them tough. I was just pointing out the generic view of extreme metal singers.

You say you like singing, then check out som songs with ICS Vortex on vocals. He's in my opinion the best singer in heavy metal today.

I'm not a metal head. Does that work?

then what is your opinion, mine friend?

I'm into indie, 70~80's genre and "softer" rock music rather than metal. One of my favourite bands btw is Crowded House :wub:

Edit: Lady Gaga? Justin Bieber? :yucky: Sounds more like garbage to me

thatn youd like the older anvil, its more rockish than metalish

anyways, i don' get why people can like justin beiber "He's soo cute!" he wont be that cute when his balls drop

Thanks I'll check it out

Does anyone remember the first metal song they heard?

I might've been 12 or 13 when I stole a Slayer tape from one of my older cousins... Stuck it into a player, forwarded to Raining Blood (cuz that's the song the afore mentioned cousin used to harp on about, and I wanted to see what the big deal was) and hit play. The volume, FYI, wasn't what you'd call "low". And holyeffingmother that riff was the most bloodcurdling, sycophantic thing I'd ever heard. I loved it.

I've moved past that kind of metal a long time back... I'm well into the Hardcore/Sludge/Noise stage, dipping into some alternative/punk (none of that Blink182, Angels and Airwaves nonsense, proper punk like Black Flag and Max Raptor) every now and then. But both Slayer and Death are still on the nostalgia playlists.

Back then, telling me metal sucks would've earned anyone a very rude rejoinder about being tone deaf oafs, but now I've gotten used to people saying metal is the unmusic. Simple argument; let any of their favourite artists come up with something like

I remember, mainly because it wasn't very long time ago. My younger brother had suddenly decided to start listening to metalica so then I guess I tried to be heavier than him and looked up Raning Blood on youtube. I think it was the guitar hero games that got me intersted in metal, and that I'm really thankful for. From all this it's just moved on to others stuff.

I wish I'd been introduced to this wonderful music genre way earlier, how awsome wouldn't it have been to be raised in a house full of heavy metal. To bad my father is an old punk rocker who despises metal :P

For me it is about matching music to what you're doing.

Love or hate metal, a proper song for the right moment really ads something to life. Writing, working, gaming, whatever, it makes a huge diference. Burnout Paradise for example if fun, but when you're doing 297 MP/H down the freeway in a 2500 horsepower ubercar a song like "too much too young too fast" feels like it's adding another thousand or two more horsepower, afterburners, and another few hundred mph.

Does anyone remember the first metal song they heard?

I might've been 12 or 13 when I stole a Slayer tape from one of my older cousins... Stuck it into a player, forwarded to Raining Blood (cuz that's the song the afore mentioned cousin used to harp on about, and I wanted to see what the big deal was) and hit play. The volume, FYI, wasn't what you'd call "low". And holyeffingmother that riff was the most bloodcurdling, sycophantic thing I'd ever heard. I loved it.

I've moved past that kind of metal a long time back... I'm well into the Hardcore/Sludge/Noise stage, dipping into some alternative/punk (none of that Blink182, Angels and Airwaves nonsense, proper punk like Black Flag and Max Raptor) every now and then. But both Slayer and Death are still on the nostalgia playlists.

Back then, telling me metal sucks would've earned anyone a very rude rejoinder about being tone deaf oafs, but now I've gotten used to people saying metal is the unmusic. Simple argument; let any of their favourite artists come up with something like

i think it was a black sabbath song

i can for sure remember my first metallica song i heard, master of puppets

that was my first getting into metal