Removed all of my mods from here.

DorkDiva

How will we know where you go?

I found Savageartistry on accident and found one of my most important mods, there.

I really hate to see you go!

Everyone is leaving!

But on the other side of the coin, I've never released any of my stuff because I don't want to be bothered with other people.

Look at it this way, though, for every idiot 9 year old out there, there are 20 quiet, but very appreciative adults.

I always make it a point to leave positive feedback on everything I download.

Maybe if more of us did that we could out number and eventually silence the fools.

I'm going to go ahead and say this-

Please don't leave DorkDiva and please come back SavageArtistry!

LHammonds? -Is there some way that there could be a section for modders like DorkDiva, SavageArtistry, and others that feel as they do, where they can have only members that they approve of visit their works?

Like some kind of invitation arrangement?

I know little about stuff like that so I don't know if it's possible or even a good idea.

I had a friend put all my recent creations with a few tweaks into one files,and will be putting them all into one mod.That will be what I am putting up here.As far a actual new things I dont know,maybe when I cool off,Im really pissed off right now and will be for some time.Im doing this because I know theres some of you that haven't even seen my stuff yet,this way its all there in one package to see.

LHammonds? -Is there some way that there could be a section for modders like DorkDiva, SavageArtistry, and others that feel as they do, where they can have only members that they approve of visit their works?

Like some kind of invitation arrangement?

The problem is, if you give an option for feedback (no matter how), that is an avenue for trolls to attack. If you can't keep perspective or handle the heat, then you can either disable the avenues of feedback or retreat completely from the scene. It is a personal choice each of us have to make.

If you're talking about keeping a list of modders that have retreated from the scene because of public attention and listing their personal sites so everyone knows where to find them....well, don't you think that goes against what said mod authors were trying to accomplish?

Or maybe make a delete comment button? so if someone is harrasing them they can delete the comment? or maybe the uploader can have complete control over the file as in if they dont want someone on it they could *ban* them from that mod?

I know it was on Dark0nes plate at one point recently to allow authors to disable/hide comments in their own upload threads. Obviously, this has not been implemented yet. Probably needed to wait until that last forum upgrade.

Just to be clear, if asked by a modder to remove a comment, I think we always do. Am I mistaken?

I have not always simply because the author wanted it gone. If rules were broken or foul words exchanged, then that would be an option but in cases where constructive criticism was given without personal attacks or outright trying to be rude, they were not removed.

LHammonds

Here's my take on this, in more detail.

Trolls

I don't want to report a troll, then have to wait while a moderator sorts out the details and ultimately deals with them. The troll may be saying something personally embarrassing, or it may be a member who normally is helpful but decides to offer some remarks in the spirit of being helpful, but what is said just rubs me the wrong way. In the case of the latter, as Lhammonds said, chances are good the remark won't be removed and the person won't get chastised. My own forum allows me to delete any comments I want, even if it is for my own, petty reasons. I find myself a much more patient individual that way as well, and tolerate more questions than I would without that bit of control.

Being in control of my mods

I hate to say it, but I pretty much live in fear that I'll say something here on Nexus that will get taken the wrong way, or I'll unintentionally do something stupid and I'll end up getting banned. The rules here are strict. I don't want to have my mods here, get banned, then have no control to remove them. Again, having my own site solves that problem.

Freedom of expression

As has been made abundantly clear, this is Dark0ne's own personally owned site. We as guests/visitors don't have the right to say whatever we want any more than we do in someone's private home. In my own home (site), I can say whatever pleases me without fear of being banned/chastised et cetera.

If you're talking about keeping a list of modders that have retreated from the scene because of public attention and listing their personal sites so everyone knows where to find them....well' date=' don't you think that goes against what said mod authors were trying to accomplish?[/quote']

This doesn't really apply to me. I don't mind people knowing about my site, but them having an extra hoop to jump through (registering on a smaller site) helps insure that they either genuinely want the mods or if they're trolls, they're really dedicated and all the more easy to identify and get rid of.

I hate to say it, but I pretty much live in fear that I'll say something here on Nexus that will get taken the wrong way, or I'll unintentionally do something stupid and I'll end up getting banned. The rules here are strict. I don't want to have my mods here, get banned, then have no control to remove them. Again, having my own site solves that problem.

Do you honestly think we would ban a mod author and hold ransom their files? Show me a case where this has happened. We are not here to do anything like that. Don't forget that most of the staff are mod authors as well as consumers of mods. We see both sides of the fence. We also take into account history. It is extremely easy to lay down the law on member accounts that have very little post history or tends to do the same thing over and over. It takes much longer to research when longer-standing and more active members are involved.

There's nothing wrong with a healthy amount of fear to keep yourself in check. hehehe. Don't you think we also have a healthy amount of the same fear? If I go off the deep end and start breaking the very rules I'm enforcing, don't you think Dark0ne will rip the rug right out from under me? I sure hope so.

Do you honestly think we would ban a mod author and hold ransom their files? Show me a case where this has happened

Honestly? I don't know. I've seen people with mods get banned and their mods remained behind. On my end I cannot tell if they simply chose to leave their files.

Regardless of what is fact, it is a fact that I am a paranoid individual. I always have been. The way things have gone in my life I have never been able to trust people to do the right things. It's just how I am.

I think it is sad that people yank their mods and leave this site. I would prefer to see them change settings and have settings changed for them so they can't receive feedback if they don't want feedback.

I bet that people who leave this site can't get as much exposure for their mods and end up with less downloads and less people enjoying their fine work.

If anything the Staff here is being rather overprotective around here. There isn't anything that can be done to protect those very very sensitive souls even more, short of removing any sort of feedback altogether.

In my humble Opinion this whole thing needs another approach. There are and always will be People who will display a fascinating level of idiocy unless the Internet ceases to exist. I don't know who the Psychology of these People work, maybe they're being rather immature on the Internet to compensate for something, maybe they troll to vent; whatever, these People exist. Anyone who uploads anything to anywhere will have to deal with it.

No Matter how fast the Moderators react and no Matter how harsh their Definition of "Trolling" might be, there will be Trolls, everywhere.

Whats rather unique around here are People who overreact to Trolls. I can get behind some of the Psychology of Trolls but i can't grasp these overly sensitive People who act as immature and annoying as possible by removing all their Mods and whining in the Forum about all the Trolls. Instead of not reading the comments anymore or disabling them or something.

Dorkdiva, by removing your Mods so that no one, not even the "non-Trolls", will be able to download them, you are lashing out against People you don't really know, who never wronged you, for Reasons that are beyond Comprehension. That makes you a Troll. You shouldn't complain about Trolls when you yourself are removing your Mods, annoying everyone but the Trolls.

If anything the Staff here is being rather overprotective around here. There isn't anything that can be done to protect those very very sensitive souls even more, short of removing any sort of feedback altogether.

In my humble Opinion this whole thing needs another approach. There are and always will be People who will display a fascinating level of idiocy unless the Internet ceases to exist. I don't know who the Psychology of these People work, maybe they're being rather immature on the Internet to compensate for something, maybe they troll to vent; whatever, these People exist. Anyone who uploads anything to anywhere will have to deal with it.

No Matter how fast the Moderators react and no Matter how harsh their Definition of "Trolling" might be, there will be Trolls, everywhere.

Whats rather unique around here are People who overreact to Trolls. I can get behind some of the Psychology of Trolls but i can't grasp these overly sensitive People who act as immature and annoying as possible by removing all their Mods and whining in the Forum about all the Trolls. Instead of not reading the comments anymore or disabling them or something.

Dorkdiva, by removing your Mods so that no one, not even the "non-Trolls", will be able to download them, you are lashing out against People you don't really know, who never wronged you, for Reasons that are beyond Comprehension. That makes you a Troll. You shouldn't complain about Trolls when you yourself are removing your Mods, annoying everyone but the Trolls.

Calling someone and especially DorkDiva a troll for removing the content they made and decided to share seems quite odd and rude to me. After all most modders create for themselves first and if they wish to share that is their decision alone and not up to you and others to rule on their actions.

Just look at all the private mods people keep whining about. When a mod entry displays a screen shot of something that's private they are hounded and pestered into the ground about making it available. Why should they have to? There is at least one mod I could name immediately that shows pictures of private clothing and items where many of the comments were asking (read demanding) for these items and not about the mod itself.

I removed my mods some time ago to a central site due to life issues I was having, (which still continue), so I could manage them without worrying about trolls and having to visit several sites to check on them. I can also tell you people don't seem to have a problem finding my mods. I'm also not in it for the downloads, kudos, fame or the trolls, which I've had plenty of along with many other modders.

Being in control of my mods

Freedom of expression

As has been made abundantly clear, this is Dark0ne's own personally owned site. We as guests/visitors don't have the right to say whatever we want any more than we do in someone's private home. In my own home (site), I can say whatever pleases me without fear of being banned/chastised et cetera.

This is why I won't be re-uploading my files here or anywhere else but where they are now hosted. I can't name anyone who has been banned and lost access to files either, but I'm not interested in taking that chance because I might have an opinion that goes against the grain on a bad day. Granted, it's not a good idea idea to post in a bad mood but many do and regret it later, sometimes too late.

I rarely even post here anymore because having an opinion, even without pushing it down people's throats, can get you bullied or ridiculed. I can if necessary provide that info, but I can't see the point.

Yes, there is the option of disabling mod comments, but that also limits useful feedback from sensible people which I like to have so I make changes if necessary AND if it's something I myself wish to do.

Disclaimers on what can be done with people's mods and where they can be uploaded etc are nice, but are ignored every day. At least here at Tesnexus there is control, but that doesn't apply elsewhere.

I also acknowledge the hard work of the moderators here and that many forums are a free for all where anything goes, but in the end it's my choice what I do with my files and where I express myself. Just as it is for DorkDiva, SavageArtistry and others.

As a modder and a human being I don't have to put up with trolls, immaturity or bullying without being able to express my own views, and if I choose not to I think that's up to me. If people see modders who remove their files as being weak, selfish or immature, well so be it. The selfish ones are the people who demand what is created for free and shared without reservation.

That's reverse psychology if you want to analyze it.

Removing the Mods isn't selfish. Removing the Mods will only and exclusively annoy People who'd want to download them but now they can't. And that annoys me to no end. If you consider stupid Comments as an Attack, removing Mods is also an Attack. Against me (amongst others.). And this "Attack" actually does something, unlike a comment consisting of words you shouldn't care about. People should grow a thicker skin.

I don't like being in the massive Group of People who didn't do anything to her. If someone pulls a mod, i could understand it if everyone thought it was not a very good mod. If i ever made a good mod, it should stay up because no amount of trolling will do anything with. When at least some People don't hate my Mod, the Mod should stay there.

When someone pulls all their Mods it's like saying that the whole TES Community consists of nothing but Trolls who leech on your hard work as a modder and giving you nothing but poo in return.

I resent that.

Maigrets, there is something that intrigues me about your Post. How much control do you have over your Files? When you're banned for some Reason, you can not pull them off the Site or something?