Removed all of my mods from here.

DorkDiva

Being unable to provide support because of it being unable to reach because you're banned is the worst any modder could happen. If more than 30% of the comments consist of people trolling, yes you begin to wonder how many people of the community even are here to download and play or just comment to express their feelings mostly originated from their personal life. Mods and their creation + uploading is taking and giving. Once the Modders becomes only a giver and the users only take and all the can give are complaints its logical they wonder if they'll remove their mods. There are dozens of people at this forum that are basically waiting till the so much often retarded comment is given they'll give up their faith in the community. It's unbelievable how many oblivion modders didn't make the step to fallout (besides it not being fantasy), but simply because of the huge resistance of random old fans complaining. Less than 5% of the uploaders create mods for being praised. kudood, endorsed or whatever. All else is just because they enjoyed the modding and choose to share the mod.

The only thing I might agree in madmans words is that removing mods isn't benefiting a community or this site, but the person working hours/days/months on it has the right to remove to have their own content removed.. I thought this always happened before though?

The only rant I'll put in is this: It's just unbelievable how some think on the sites that if they downloaded more than 10 mods and have learned how to comment they're allowed to comment on files and rant in such a way that any (especially starting) modder simply thinks to quit modding because of it. Yes these things are reported if seen and I'm glad it is even possible here, but the damage is usually done before already.

*sigh* This is turning into a debate. My http://savageartistry.darkbb.com/users/1114/74/52/47/smiles/830664.gif: I am not "punishing" the community by not having my mods here, on TES Nexus. My mods are simply on a different site. If it's too much trouble to navigate over there, then stay here and choose from the many alternatives. I am under no illusions that my work is the greatest.

ok, not being able to do anything when you're banned sucks. If i wanted to pull mods for some Reason, that would really suck hard.

But then again, why would i? If i ever get fed up with commenters, i wouldn't care if the Mods remain here for all Eternity. A Friend of mine wanted me to make him some cheating items, so i made that mod and put it here. The cheapest mod you can possibly image, i just took some Weapons from the original Game and punched in new Numbers and then i placed them on a Table somewhere.

Now that's easy: it is simply not possible to "troll" about that. This mod is a abominable cheap shot and if someone told me that i should feel bad for wasting the time of everyone merely looking at it then this Person would have a valid Point.

But then again, negative Criticizm shouldn't be seen so "negatively". That may sound weird, but would can you really say when someone says "I love this mod omg it's so wonderful blablabla!" except "Thankyou"?

"OMG Your Mod is Bullcrap and you should feel bad for existing and your Mother is a Prostitute and everything you've done in your Life turned out to be a waste of time and that's why you have no Friends and silently cry yourself to sleep every night alone in your Bed in your Parents' Basement!"

Now that is something i can work with. "First of all: My Mother is a Tailor. Now could you be a little more specific with your Criticism?".

Well ok, i developed a rather thick Skin so i could actually take insults like that.

But still, i like trolls better then "Anti Trolls", a Phenomenon that is rather unique here, where there are many Modders with very sensitive Souls.

I once read "i have given this File a rating of 10. Where's the Download?". What is that? I can't work with that. With a Troll, there is a slight chance that his Anger might have something to do with my Mod. Maybe he's to stupid to install mods or maybe he ran it with another mod that conflicts with my mod and/or is too stupid to figure that out and the only thing he knows that he installed my Mod and now his Oblivion wont start.

I could possibly help with the compatibility thing or maybe explain a thing or two about load orders. Would be more fruitful then a shallow and utterly meaningless Endorsement (nowadays you don't get these so embarrassingly easy).

Which brings me to another Point. 30% Trolls? That is all? Most People would just play the mod and they would forget the name of it if you didn't name the .esp properly.

They won't say anything. Which is good. If People don't feel the need to complain, everything is fair enough.

The community wouldn't consist out of trolls if all the comments where troll comments.

ok, not being able to do anything when you're banned sucks. If i wanted to pull mods for some Reason, that would really suck hard.

But then again, why would i? If i ever get fed up with commenters, i wouldn't care if the Mods remain here for all Eternity. A Friend of mine wanted me to make him some cheating items, so i made that mod and put it here. The cheapest mod you can possibly image, i just took some Weapons from the original Game and punched in new Numbers and then i placed them on a Table somewhere.

Now that's easy: it is simply not possible to "troll" about that. This mod is a abominable cheap shot and if someone told me that i should feel bad for wasting the time of everyone merely looking at it then this Person would have a valid Point.

But then again, negative Criticizm shouldn't be seen so "negatively". That may sound weird, but would can you really say when someone says "I love this mod omg it's so wonderful blablabla!" except "Thankyou"?

"OMG Your Mod is Bullcrap and you should feel bad for existing and your Mother is a Prostitute and everything you've done in your Life turned out to be a waste of time and that's why you have no Friends and silently cry yourself to sleep every night alone in your Bed in your Parents' Basement!"

Now that is something i can work with. "First of all: My Mother is a Tailor. Now could you be a little more specific with your Criticism?".

Well ok, i developed a rather thick Skin so i could actually take insults like that.

But still, i like trolls better then "Anti Trolls", a Phenomenon that is rather unique here, where there are many Modders with very sensitive Souls.

I once read "i have given this File a rating of 10. Where's the Download?". What is that? I can't work with that. With a Troll, there is a slight chance that his Anger might have something to do with my Mod. Maybe he's to stupid to install mods or maybe he ran it with another mod that conflicts with my mod and/or is too stupid to figure that out and the only thing he knows that he installed my Mod and now his Oblivion wont start.

I could possibly help with the compatibility thing or maybe explain a thing or two about load orders. Would be more fruitful then a shallow and utterly meaningless Endorsement (nowadays you don't get these so embarrassingly easy).

Which brings me to another Point. 30% Trolls? That is all? Most People would just play the mod and they would forget the name of it if you didn't name the .esp properly.

They won't say anything. Which is good. If People don't feel the need to complain, everything is fair enough.

The community wouldn't consist out of trolls if all the comments where troll comments.

I partially agree with Madman here, but things arent so easy , especially when it comes to something u put your feelings in and then u see it literally being trolled to pieces. Problem is, there isnt anything like "negative criticizm", people seem to misunderstand the real reason of criticizm, thinking its here to bring out the mistakes author did in his work to light. A real critique is about carefully choosing your words when pointing out the mistakes with the idea of helping the author to make his/her work better, not to burn him down, trying to understand not only your point of view but also the authors. Im not a modder, but i do art and i met tons of people who were "criticizing" burning one soul after another, putting hate, anger into their words, it was all but not critique, i saw 2 types of people, trolls and smartasses and i have to say the smartasses were often by tons worser then the trolls, carefully using their words to destroy ones hopes, feeding their egos. After all this i was ruined, heartbroken and started to think to stop doing art at all...but..i couldnt becouse i really loved it and after some time i grew a thicker skin just like madman pointed here out, but even with such skin its sometimes impossible to ignore something like this, becouse art ( i consider modding an art) is about feelings after all.

Sometimes its good to tell yourself after being trolled/smartassed, that you wont give them the plesure to get you down, the best way to get rid of those is just ignore them, not feeding then by responding, but if one is feeling like to leave somewhere else its his/her decision and we should accept it, after all it was his/her decision to share the mod with us even tough he/she didnt needed to do that. I downloaded here many mods that made my game much more fun and im gratefull for that and i respect whatever the authors decision is.

Most of the "Smartasses" around here don't have enough rhetoric Skill to hurt anyone, so i really have to wonder about People who take those petty insults so seriously.

Well alright, the constant drumbeat will eventually eat away a bit, but then again you should stop caring about that. My own petty Mods are here and i care rather little about anyone who calls them sh*t. Mainly because they are, but even if they weren't, i'd care just as much about the Trolls. I can't do anything about them, but they can't do anything to really hurt me either, so why care?

That really interests me and i spent some time reading old Discussions about People leaving. Most of them got very personal and some of the modders took some valid criticism very seriously as far as i could read. Someone listed Quotes of People Criticizing him as Reasons for his leaving and most of the critiques where actually not "trolling".

Some of it was like "Oh come on, a Scavenger Hunt Quest? This is no Fun, you should scratch that!" which is valid Criticism.

Not the best choice of Words, but nothing to be miserable about. "What the F...!?! One of the Chests in your Housemod respawns!" Tiny mistake, but could eat up some Peoples precious loot or possibly has done so for some People. Again, nothing to be miserable about, apologize for any lost loot, then fix the Chest.

I asked someone once to push a desk around a bit so that the mod would be compatible with another mod. Apparently, that really angered him because i was treading on his artistic freedom just so that i could play his mod with another mod he didn't care about and called me a troll.

Aha!

Well, if any criticism whatsoever is considered trolling, then we indeed do have a lot of "trolls" here.

Ok now, that was a bit over the Top, but some People really are a bit harsh in their consideration of "Trolls" and should think again if this and that criticism may or may not be valid.

Do some People really prop up their Egos with the "Art" Modding? If so; there has to be something better then that.

Publishing anything, including Mods, will be a Target for everybody who has a lot of Anger to vent and maybe he or she has a better Reason to be angry then any modder has being angry or sad about those Trolls.