Awakening resources

Lehcar

Much thanks Thandal, its much appreciated!

Bro, you worry too much. You're doing an awesome job, and providing information that has vexed a lot of modders for a while now. Relaxe and breathe bro ;)

Me being me with ADD its hard to do. But I'd say.... break it down. Start up a new folder on your comp, and start up several notepad docs in it. Keep each doc to a particular aspect of what you are trying to explain. Or what such and such info pertains to.

Then when you've got it all sorted out and as you like it (yeah, hard to do, I know... hahaha) zip them up and make them available. That way, its all organized, and a person can read such and such information w/out having to sort thru all the stuff that isnt relevant to what they're trying to do.

Now.... I would recommend asking the mods how to go about making it available. My first thought is to do it as an attachement in a thread in the general modding forums. BUT, with the filesize limits that might not work. LH would recommend writing an article. Which would be good, but again, I dunno about the filesize limits. And... I myself dont receive notifications to any replies/questions from MY articles (tho that may be MY bad, not having set something correctly). And I definitely dont remember to check for them manually, as much as I really should. So folks may not get answered because you dont know they asked the question.

And again, this is something you should ask the mods about... a new thread with the different docs posted as different posts. Throw one section in under a subject line as something like DAA weapons. Add another post to that thread with a subject line like DAA NPCS, or something like that. Keep it all together in one thread, but break the info up into relative posts. Basically, post it so that each subject is a subsection of the same thread. Kinda like double triple, quadrouple posting, but with each subject/topic being the next post. It will be more organized that way.

Posting this out here, instead of answering you in your PM, cause other's input (Especially from Staff) would be good, about something like this. ;)

V-G, no, thanks for this, it is indeed helpful in getting the Awkening files to the toolset. And Owen even drunk was able to get the village through without anyone dying. :thumbsup:

As for the utc files, yeah , I know those, plus Wynne has two more in Origins, pre100cr_wynne and epi100cr_wynne, or close to that. The other NPC's also have an epi_ file for the ending as well, except for Morrigan. However, and this goes with my make Wynne an Elf mod, none of these transfer into Awakening. I made her an elf all the way through Origins, but she reverts back to her normal human in Awakening, and it's that utc file I have been hunting for. Your method brought everything else into the toolset, but it's those three carryover NPC's from Origins to Awakening that I cannot locate.

thanks dwolf, im a little apprehensive about it all since i feel like i'm new to all of this. feels like someone who really knows what they are doing, or at least better than i, should be writing it. but i suppose those who do know simply don't have the time or interest to do such a thing. so, i will come up with a guide using the method you advised me with in a recent conversation. thanks man, ill talk with ya later and probably force you (against your will) to go over some rough drafts for feedback, or actually even post them here, i dont know everything's been coming together SO fast in the past week, in multiple "areas", im overwhelmed (in a good way) with what to do & where to go with it, we'll figure it out yeah?

danscott84 - lol@owen, right on bro :]

wynne edit - ahhhhhhhhh i see ....... makes sense now. i'll tell you what, i need to drop a weapon release within the next few hours, then i promise ill (do my best) figure it out, i wasn't aware it was into awakenings, i assure you it's always a small thing we overlook. im bettin it's named something really random...like .. cr_prt_as_f1.utc or worse, naming it similar to a cache file or something, i could be completely wrong, but we'll find out eventually

i downloaded el-wynee, i can't say when i'll get to it, but promise i will, it's good to know these kind of things so we can "carry over" our party member edits into awakenings, give me a few brother ;]

i guess there's a lot to do, heh

DANSCOTT!!

i think i found it!! was too curious to resist, dude

go into Program Files\Dragon Age\addins\dao_prc_ep_1\module\data\designercreatures.erf

there is a SECOND set of resources in there i forgot about, which is why i didnt mention these previously!, i will have to scavenge these for extra content, also has audio stuff which may resolve some of the issues when using certain awakening talents that call on the ep1_scripts which are tied into

file name are

coa100cr_wynne.utc

int100cr_alistair.utc

int100cr_anora.utc

i havent tested them, so sorry if they dont work, but i have a reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly strong feeling that they WILL!

hope this helps!

DANSCOTT!!

i think i found it!! was too curious to resist, dude

go into Program Files\Dragon Age\addins\dao_prc_ep_1\module\data\designercreatures.erf

there is a SECOND set of resources in there i forgot about, which is why i didnt mention these previously!, i will have to scavenge these for extra content, also has audio stuff which may resolve some of the issues when using certain awakening talents that call on the ep1_scripts which are tied into

file name are

coa100cr_wynne.utc

int100cr_alistair.utc

int100cr_anora.utc

i havent tested them, so sorry if they dont work, but i have a reaaaaaaaaaaalllllllly strong feeling that they WILL!

hope this helps!

That's it. I didn't even think to look there for a code like that. I was looking for something similar to the Amaranthine creatures. I knew that the main NPC's were there, but I didn't catch these three in there. Sweet. :thumbsup:

• 1 year later...

So, I know this thread is seriously old, but I have just recently found it and followed the instructions by veteran_gamer. It worked brilliantly, and I loved having Awakening models in DA:O.

But when I started Awakening, I noticed that I couldn't interact with any of the statues in Vigil's Keep's basement; even their names, when highlighted, where in weird places - they were in the ground instead of over their heads. My first thought, of course, was that the mods I made myself were just really badly done, but after some testing I realized that as soon as I took the Awakening resources out of the override folder, it worked again.

Just thought I'd mention this here.