ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

I've just started modded a few days back and i came across this guide and wow!

,Great one i will add. And i have some questions if i may? ,

Is it necessary to worry with the load order? , i read the other day on this same post (by someone ???) that i didn't need to worry about it as NMM or one of the many was corrected? But in your area of exp. I'd like you ask you first, Should i?

Do i have to use MO or can i continue to use NMM? , i just don't wish to convert and all that jazz. to much movement lol.

And when i load up my wrye bash i get a error saying , TypeError: String or Unicode type required , this is in a window that pops up after the prog opens, it says wxPython: Stdout/stdeer

Lastly i said that rule 1 is to never delete a mod once you install it, unless your making a new character, never! my question is what excatly would this cause and what are the parameters of this probelm?!

Thanx ,

Sneak

Edited by sNeAkOwNs84

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've just started modded a few days back and i came across this guide and wow!

,Great one i will add. And i have some questions if i may? ,

Is it necessary to worry with the load order? , i read the other day on this same post (by someone ???) that i didn't need to worry about it as NMM or one of the many was corrected? But in your area of exp. I'd like you ask you first, Should i?

Do i have to use MO or can i continue to use NMM? , i just don't wish to convert and all that jazz. to much movement lol.

And when i load up my wrye bash i get a error saying , TypeError: String or Unicode type required , this is in a window that pops up after the prog opens, it says wxPython: Stdout/stdeer

Lastly i said that rule 1 is to never delete a mod once you install it, unless your making a new character, never! my question is what excatly would this cause and what are the parameters of this probelm?!

Thanx ,

Sneak

As for your load order as long as you use NMM or Wrye Bash you will be fine IF you use LOOT with either.

as for your Wrye giving you the warning it sounds like you are missing a python file, this is why I tell people NOT to use that one if they are beginners, try the 305 stand alone one

lastly, deleting ANY mod in the middle of a play through WILL corrupt your save files and BREAK them

hi i have 167 mods at this time and i did my loot testv and wrye bash, but in bash i can load my installers i can see my mod but i cant use any of the installers i keep getting this message from bash

Traceback (most recent call last):

File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 3690, in OnShowPage
File "bash\basher\__init__.pyo", line 2705, in ShowPanel
File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 7591, in irefresh
File "bash\bosh.pyo", line 5989, in refreshSizeCrcDate
File "bash\bolt.pyo", line 696, in size
File "genericpath.pyo", line 57, in getsize
WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\Meshes\\AARS\\IngredientsWallArt\\Wall00.nif'
can some one help me please i am at a lost right now been working on this all week
help Robert5103 :sad:

you are missing this file at the end of this line = wall00.nif

WindowsError: [Error 3] The system cannot find the path specified: u'C:\\Program Files (x86)\\steam\\steamapps\\common\\Skyrim\\Data\\Meshes\\AARS\\IngredientsWallArt\\Wall00.nif'

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So I am trying to start making mods for myself and I hit a wall immediately. No matter how many times I reinstall Skyrim and the CK or verify their caches, the CK crashes after I try to load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. I've asked around and I can't seem to get any help beyond people telling me to try these initial steps. I tell them I knew to do these things and then that's usually the last I hear from them, until someone else comes and does the same thing. What I'm getting at is, I would really appreciate some new input. What I have gotten so far is not helpful, and I'm pretty disenheartened by the fact that the default fresh installations of both Skyrim and the CK still result in a crash after it finishes loading everything. It usually lasts 2-3 seconds after it loads before it crashes. So, I really can't make any mods like this and would appreciate any help I can get.

So I am trying to start making mods for myself and I hit a wall immediately. No matter how many times I reinstall Skyrim and the CK or verify their caches, the CK crashes after I try to load Skyrim.esm and Update.esm. I've asked around and I can't seem to get any help beyond people telling me to try these initial steps. I tell them I knew to do these things and then that's usually the last I hear from them, until someone else comes and does the same thing. What I'm getting at is, I would really appreciate some new input. What I have gotten so far is not helpful, and I'm pretty disenheartened by the fact that the default fresh installations of both Skyrim and the CK still result in a crash after it finishes loading everything. It usually lasts 2-3 seconds after it loads before it crashes. So, I really can't make any mods like this and would appreciate any help I can get.

This is NOT the proper thread for your topic. This is a BEGINNERS GUIDE TO MODDING, not a Beginners Guide to Mod Making. Did you even read the first post at the start of this thread?