Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You don't need to put it on peaceful to start. Just make sure your first priority is to dig yourself a room, with a door, and keep it lit up (using torches). Monsters only spawn in the dark, and they can't get through doors, so just hide in there overnight, and you'll be fine. Then come out in the day, when they've all died again, and carry on building. If you connect your mine to your room, you can dig that out during the night - just make sure to keep everywhere connected to your room lit up.

I tried that, but when all the zombies had died, I went out to find a creeper which killed me and destroyed my base.

The one i've got now is fine. A small wooden shack, well lit with two deep trenches around it, Inside has two furnaces, a double sized storage box, a crafting table and a tunnel which leads to a large room, which is where I do my digging.

I tried that, but when all the zombies had died, I went out to find a creeper which killed me and destroyed my base.

The one i've got now is fine. A small wooden shack, well lit with two deep trenches around it, Inside has two furnaces, a double sized storage box, a crafting table and a tunnel which leads to a large room, which is where I do my digging.

Yeah, monsters usually burn up in sunlight, but for some reason not all of them always do - so you need to be prepared to fight one or two.

We should post screenshots of our base.

Here's mine:

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/katashy/javaw2010-08-0213-07-30-36.jpg

It's technically my second home, but it's my biggest and best. Had a few problems with a cave though. I got my bearings wrong and eneded up digging straight up into the sea. Managed to block it though.

Inside: http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/ab322/katashy/javaw2010-08-0213-10-38-25.jpg

Yeah, it has some similarities.

I've just downloaded an inventory editor. I've been messing around with it for an hour. It's very useful. So far I've used it to give me tons of TNT. Blew it up and now there's a big hole.

I've just downloaded an inventory editor. I've been messing around with it for an hour. It's very useful. So far I've used it to give me tons of TNT. Blew it up and now there's a big hole.

I've been using that to build a giant minecart railway :D Been giving myself thousands of stone and railway tracks, and building a massive long route with it. It takes a good 5-6 minutes to ride it's length so far (longer in fact, because the trains keep running out of coal...). I also built a smallish rollercoaster going down the side of a mountain. It's pretty fun (though too fast).

I've been using that to build a giant minecart railway :D Been giving myself thousands of stone and railway tracks, and building a massive long route with it. It takes a good 5-6 minutes to ride it's length so far (longer in fact, because the trains keep running out of coal...). I also built a smallish rollercoaster going down the side of a mountain. It's pretty fun (though too fast).

If they keep running out of coal, just use the infinite power glitch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yZ5u2DsZHQs

I actually find it works best if there isn't the hole in the middle of the circle of track.