Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heheh, I'll avoid blowing anything up then.

So what's possible in it?

Right now, servers are still a bit bare-bones. I'm personally holding off until server-side inventory and all the normal single-player stuff is working properly... Probably followed by waiting until there's some sort of land-claim stuff implemented.

Why server side inventories? Then you can't use an inventory editor (Heheh, not a hardcore player who likes spending 12 hours making a new pickaxe every time one breaks).

Edit: I just tried to log in to the server, and it just sat there and then said 'connection timed out'. Am I doing something wrong or is the server not up yet?

Well, furnaces dont work, there are no enemies (there are pigs and other things), and it's glitchy.

It is still fun though. Sadly, I've stopped running the server because it was eating away at my performance. If someone else could set one up, that's be great.

EDIT: Server side inventories are there to make sure people DONT use an editor. No one wants a griefer to come in and start spawing loads of TNT, and ruining everything.

EDIT 2: It's not your fault. The server is down now.

I recently started the game(no not alpha). I'm currently an advanced builder on a Star Wars server(B4N4N4.com - StarWars Craft) and I get on well with the owner. We are thinking of opening a Fallout server together too. And I got some good ideas.

Is there a faster way to remove obsidian? Takes too long to remove by hand. I started building my permanent structures out of it to minimize the damage from constant blasting, and bits get misplaced during construction.

Is there a faster way to remove obsidian? Takes too long to remove by hand. I started building my permanent structures out of it to minimize the damage from constant blasting, and bits get misplaced during construction.

Only by using a diamond pickaxe. One thing you can do is just take lava and cast the obsidian in place by building a cobblestone mold around where you want the block, filling with lava, and pouring water on it. It requires lots of buckets and some storage space near where you are building, but it removes the necessity of diamond tools.