Minecraft

Retribution

Just did that, it's working now. Making bridges gets old fast.. I get the feeling this might be the origin of Never Dig Straight Down.

Nope, the origin of that comes from people building a 1x1 shaft straight into a pool of lava, or worse.

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just did that, it's working now. Making bridges gets old fast.. I get the feeling this might be the origin of Never Dig Straight Down.

Nope, the origin of that comes from people building a 1x1 shaft straight into a pool of lava, or worse.

I learnt that the hard way. I had 27 TNT, and I decided to dig straight down and pile up a huge thing of tnt. I dug right into lava and lost everything.

Is it possible to turn off the Day/Night cycle in Alpha? I don't mind the monsters and stuff, but the darkness while I'm building is irksome. Is there a way to make a map in Creative then port it into Alpha?

Is it possible to turn off the Day/Night cycle in Alpha? I don't mind the monsters and stuff, but the darkness while I'm building is irksome. Is there a way to make a map in Creative then port it into Alpha?

Unfortunately no. You could always just work underground, and then day/night has little to no meaning. Or do what I do and use an excessive number of fires and torches to light up an area.

Edited by Vagrant0

Discovery: Fire lights things better than torches. Is it sheer coincidence my house happened to burn down about the same time as when I discovered this?

How can I rig up a door so it's opened by a lever? One outside and one inside? They always act weird. Can monsters activate pressure plates?

Wait, I think they can, otherwise these landmines would be useless. Is there a way to monsterproof a steel door and make it so I can still go through it?

THe problem I've seen with it is that you have to have both levers either opened or closed to open/close the door. I could put a one-square hole beside the door and put the lever in there so I could activate it from both sides...

The dude I introduced this to at work seems to be...well, what's the best word..."addicted"...yep...addicted to this game. It's sad really. He had been working on a timeline of events and goals surrounding the release of new games and movies and carefully plotted his time according to what he can play and how badly he wants to play it. I think he was scheduled out 2 months in advance. This is the same guy that let me borrow Halo Reach just days after it came out because he only had enough time to complete the single-player campaign before the next game that came out that he was dying to play. I've been offering Red Dead Redemption for quite some time now but he knows that it will take him x number of days to really enjoy the whole game and keeps putting it off because of his "schedule"...and along comes an indie developer that completely and utterly destroys his precious schedule. This guy is coming to work with bags under his eyes...it is obvious he spends most of the night on this game. He can't stop talking about it or looking for new youtube videos and whatever that has to do with this game.

I'm glad that I'm not addicted to anything....hey, Oblivion doesn't count!!! It's too old!!!

LHammonds

THe problem I've seen with it is that you have to have both levers either opened or closed to open/close the door. I could put a one-square hole beside the door and put the lever in there so I could activate it from both sides...

You could just use buttons. Those activate something then deactivate it after a few seconds. Works on both types of doors as well as redstone.

The alternative is to rig up one of those fancy logic gates so that the door will only open when you have one switch in a different state then the other. Meaining, either a 01 or 10 would open the door, but a 00 or 11 would mean it is closed. this can be done... It just requires a bit of doing.

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Electricity#The_XOR_.28.E2.8A.BB.29_gate

Ok, I jumped into the web version of Minecraft and thought it was OK. I certainly wasted a bit of time messing around. I also know that it probably was only 1/2 the experience of the full-blown version but I still got the gist of it. The music was putting me to sleep by the time I finished my 3-story house.

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/Minecraft-09.jpg

More pics of the various floors.

LHammonds