Minecraft

Retribution

Also, where are you finding all those materials LHammonds?

I can only find wood, rock, dirt and sand...

Well, you have to be exceptionally skilled in the art of mining and invest MUCH time into the game (link)....somewhere around 5 or 6 seconds...maybe even faster if your PC is liked greased lightning and can load Java quickly. ;)

Sneak peek into the LHammonds land:

NOTE: This is from the web-based single-player game...I am not even logged in so there is no hope to save any of this...although, not sure why I'd want to save it. Been there, done that!

http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee11/Conan_Lon/Misc/MineCraftOverview2.jpg

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"maybe even faster if your PC is liked greased lightning and can load Java quickly."

Check.

Paid for the alpha version. Don't need the link :thumbsup:

Photo 1

http://i56.tinypic.com/2gwidfn.jpg

Photo 2

http://i55.tinypic.com/vpj52t.jpg

Notice the trees on top?

EDIT: Seems to be a bit of a glitch in the second picture... Odd...

Also, does anyone know what holding F6 is meant to do?

I cant do anything that good yet, but I made a wood house in the side of a mountain.

Who wants to see?

Edit: Also, where are you finding all those materials LHammonds?

I can only find wood, rock, dirt and sand...

LHammonds is still on Creative. He hasn't been drawn into the bottomless void that is Alpha.

Can be 8 times larger than the Earth???? And if you die, you ALWAYS go back to the same spawn point? For what motivation is there to venture out? Why in the world would you bother trying to travel the world over 8 times which may take many months only to die and respawn at your initial location? Yes, I've heard the "with great risk comes great reward" theory but this is a game...if you cannot "save" your progress every once in a while, what is the point of playing the game? The "classic" freebie lets me move the spawn point wherever I please but I've been told that in the full version (alpha), there is only one spawn point and it cannot be moved...and that a compass was added to the game which points to the spawn point. ** shrug **

Perhaps he should add a map to the game?

And only the initial area... say 4x4 blocks will become revealed... like fog of war?

And you can create map markers to travel to? But perhaps have a limit as to how many you can add to the map?

That would be great I think.

So if you die you can travel back to their.

Possible bugs: Placing a map marker just before you die so when you die you can quickly go back and get your stuff and whatever....

I think this can be countered by a script being made to force you to wait a minute after combat and no enemies nearby perhaps just to place the marker?

Can be 8 times larger than the Earth???? And if you die, you ALWAYS go back to the same spawn point? For what motivation is there to venture out? Why in the world would you bother trying to travel the world over 8 times which may take many months only to die and respawn at your initial location? Yes, I've heard the "with great risk comes great reward" theory but this is a game...if you cannot "save" your progress every once in a while, what is the point of playing the game? The "classic" freebie lets me move the spawn point wherever I please but I've been told that in the full version (alpha), there is only one spawn point and it cannot be moved...and that a compass was added to the game which points to the spawn point. ** shrug **

Well, the game is still in alpha. Notch has mentioned a few times implementing a system to change the spawn point, but that'll probably come later and with much resistance from those who want to see the game turned into some sort of hellish pvp fest. Currently though the spawn point can be moved by using external tools and editors, so that aspect of things really isn't lost.

I'd say the more limiting bit is that once you've amassed a horde or iron and diamond, built a castle or whatever, and lit up a vast tract of land, there isn't much else to do at current other than travel or start a new map. This is bound to change with the Halloween update slightly with the addition of a hell dimension and some other bits, but yeah, it's a reminder that the game you bought isn't done yet.

It's still good for well over 40 hours of entertainment which is far better than what some $60 games can manage to pull out of their rears (achievements, grinding, endurance rounds, ect).

"It's still good for well over 40 hours of entertainment which is far better than what some $60 games can manage to pull out of their rears (achievements, grinding, endurance rounds, ect)."

I completely agree, Minecraft is certainly the best £8.60 I've ever spent! (GBP woo) =P