Minecraft

Retribution

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i went and googled it after readying it and found it to be pretty fun. i could only play the free one because im broke XD

but i dug for a while built a bunch of stuff and played a multiplayer zombie map, so all and all, pretty fun, but i couldent find anybaddies in the free version:confused:

SMP is properly out tomorrow! I can't wait!

We should create a server and just build massive things and mine deep down. Or create our own bases, with cannons, and then attack each others.

Or something...

SMP is properly out tomorrow! I can't wait!

We should create a server and just build massive things and mine deep down. Or create our own bases, with cannons, and then attack each others.

Or something...

Yes! It's out now, but maybe we should give it a few releases until its a little bit more stable - right now, most of it doesn't seem to work properly.

Yeah, most of it doesn't. Inventories, text on signs, and even doors are client side, which creates a few problems like Inventory hacking to get TNT.

I'm probably not going to play any more SMP until it's updated. Doesn't seem worth playing until it is...

Damn iron... Had to literally move a whole mountain to get 8 pieces. Exploring is nice, except for the constant onslaught of enemies and occasionally falling into a pit that makes you take a few hours to find your way out (pick a direction and start digging).

Damn iron... Had to literally move a whole mountain to get 8 pieces. Exploring is nice, except for the constant onslaught of enemies and occasionally falling into a pit that makes you take a few hours to find your way out (pick a direction and start digging).

Yeah, just keep digging up. The world of Minecraft isn't that deep. Although, it's worse if you get lost on a snow map. You manage to dig to the top but get completely disorientated in the snow, and eventually have to delete the save... That's why you build huge towers and put torches on the top. Then you just follow them to home.

Also, monstes only spawn in the dark, and (usually) burn up in sunlight. So keep your base well lit, and dig yourself a little hideyhole to stay in overnight, if you can't defend yourself easily.

It's a shame theres no Alpha creative mode, though. Building stuff is the main enjoyment of the game, having to keep worrying about resources can get annoying if you just want to build something cool.

Just use the inventory editor! I've got two saves where all I do is build. So far I've built an auto pork collector and an auto mob killing machine.