Minecraft

Retribution

I'm jealous of you having a copy of Minecraft to play online. :biggrin:

My friend has an Alpha copy, I only played singleplayer when I came around his house. Really fun, might get it. I managed to survive my first night on a boat!

• Replies 511
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That rumour has been around for months though

So really take your time with it =P

Notch has gone down a "notch" with popularity anyway for posting a little rant about people asking for Multiplayer fixes.

So he said he will do something else if anyone else asks...

That is bad customer service ;)

But we love him all the same because Minecraft owns our souls =P

Just added a plugin to the server :

Boosting Mechanic:

Placing a gold block underneath a section of minecart track will cause any minecart in motion to speed up significantly (50% boost) as it passes over it.

Using a gold ore instead of a gold block will give only a minor boost (12.5% boost).

Minecarts not in motion will not experience any effect from it.

Additionally, hooking up a powered redstone current to the booster will disable the booster, making it have no effect.

Braking Mechanic:

Placing Slowsand from the Nether underneath a section of Minecart track will cause any minecart in motion to slow down dramatically as it passes over it. Three Slowsand should be enough to completely stop a full speed cart.

Additionally, hooking up a powered redstone current to the brake will disable the brake, making it have no effect. Unpowered redstone, or no redstone at all makes the brake operate normally.

Rebound Mechanic:

Placing a Cloth block underneath a section of track will cause any minecart in motion to change directions, and continue with the opposite speed it had before down the track.

Additionally, hooking up a powered redstone current to the Cloth will disable the bouncing mechanic, making it have no effect.

Launching Mechanic:

Obsidian can be used to launch minecarts at rest forward. Placing Obsidian underneath track, and applying an active redstone current to it will cause a stationary minecart placed on top to accelerate in a given direction.

The direction is dependant on the available track. If you have track north of the obsidian launcher, the minecart will launch north. similarly for east, south, and west.

In a case where there is more than one direction available to launch in, the game will follow the compass rose, trying North, East, South and last, West. If you don't quite understand, I suggest you play around with it.

Ladies and gentlemen, we now have a reason for GOLD!

Diglol and I tested it out and have a working button operated cart working under Pronam's grave.

We were in too much of a rush to smelt Gold, so it's only driven by Gold Ore.