Fallout New Vegas Beginners guide to modding

gromulos

So I wish I would have found this weeks ago! Just started Modding and used the Gopher guides to get started. They were great, but left out some details. I modded a few things (maybe 50 some mods, mostly quests and FCO and other HD updates) The game played just fine and I made it to the Highway Patrol Station. I forgot I left ED-E in Primm and fast traveled to get him. Game froze and I restarted. When I started the game again, The music started and it started to load but then for some reason the DLC notes that say level cap had been added and what not popped up instead of the load screen. One of my problems is I had autosave left on. another issue was I didn't move the steam file from /program files (x86). I'm currently in the process of uninstalling the game and reinstalling in in a /desktop/games/ file and will be using Wyre Flash. I had used LOOT and FNVEdit. and they said I was good to go, though LOOT gave me a wonky load order sometimes. Should I uninstall all the mods I'm using then reinstall? Or are they still good? I used FOMM to install them

Thanks! And I can't wait to start over using this guide!!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've never used Wrye before then you are going to need to do ALL of step 2. Pay special attention to any orange mods and use the appendix to fix them. Also, Make sure you run all 3 programs IN ORDER: LOOT > WRYE > FNVEDIT.

EDIT : As for your mods, you should be good to go, although any saves you had WILL most likely be corrupted and should not be used IMO.

I would really like to see your load order but do NOT post it here, post it to http://www.pastebin.com then post that link here

Edited by gromulos

If you've never used Wrye before then you are going to need to do ALL of step 2. Pay special attention to any orange mods and use the appendix to fix them. Also, Make sure you run all 3 programs IN ORDER: LOOT > WRYE > FNVEDIT.

EDIT : As for your mods, you should be good to go, although any saves you had WILL most likely be corrupted and should not be used IMO.

I would really like to see your load order but do NOT post it here, post it to http://www.pastebin.com then post that link here

Too Late! I disabled then deleted the mods I was using. I've moved steam from program files to a desktop so I figured I'd start over from scratch. The difference now is I'm using NMM as opposed to FOMM as I heard FOMM is no longer supported and some mods might not work as expected with it. I'll let you know how it goes... I took screen shots of previous load order, but like I said, I uninstalled all of the mods...

ok just let me know if you run into any trouble, also, if you like followers i would HIGHLY suggest Delilah, ( if you're old enough to download it ) Willow, and Niner, in that order

DUST is another FANTASTIC mod, but i DO NOT suggest you try it untill you have played FNV all the way through normally as DUST will make FNV an entirely new game for you

I will, thanks very much! I'm 34, so I think I'm old enough. Got a late start to modding! I've played Willow a little bit and liked her. I'll give Delilah a go. I've played New Vegas a million times! I'll definitely look at Dust! I owe you a beer!

Play DUST and then we will see if that offer for a beer is still valid lol, one note, do NOT use AWOP with DUST, it breaks the mod completely

Edited by gromulos

Don't get me wrong, AWOP is an excellent mod, I myself enjoyed it VERY much. But the way DUST is setup, AWOP would make the DUST play through WAY too easy. Keep in mind that when you install DUST and the recommended mods for it on it's own description page, FNV is NOT going to be the same game in any way , shape, or form. Everything you THOUGHT you knew about FNV, throw it out the window, because DUST WILL have you squealing like a little girl lol :P

The ONE thing I can say about DUST is this, do NOT play Hardcore mode unless you really want to know what it would be like after a nuclear disaster.

You have been informed, and more importantly, warned lol

• 2 weeks later...
Hello Everyone, i'm a First Time Modder

How Can i Replace or Add Any New Structure In My Fallout3/ New vegas ?

I'm Tired Seeing Blown Out Structures And Buildings.

Any Tips ?

I'm Trying To Make Like a Grand theft auto Map.

And Where Can I Find The Models Structures So I can import In to My Game?

Edited by EduardoHudson