Star Wars: Force Unleashed

lonewolfkai

In the name of all you consider holy, dont.

This game is abysmal. It sucketh mightily as a hack n slash, it sucketh mightily as a game, and it doesnt even tell a beleivable story. The pc version even worse is bug filled and downright unstable. I've played it cover to cover, and not only is it way to short (three hours long in total) but when you replay it everything is not only the same at every dificulty level, but after tha first playthrough, its godmode.

The entire game consists of fighting through large zergrushes of patheticaly weak and stupid enemies to reach a finaly boss who'll crumble under even the smallest amount of spamming lightning. The combat is miserable, you've got lightsbare attacks, which do about as much damage as giving someone a slightly mean look. And then you've got a few basic force powers. Lightning is the only useful one in 99% of the game and you'll spam it every single fight. The combo system is BEYOND simplistic, you just mash the slash button a certain number of time to do specific things, or use a partialy broken system to simply mash down jumo lightning slash and shove at once to do a stab attack for only slightly less laughable damage,

The gameplay really is disgustingly bad. The enemies are ALWAYS stormtroopers, endless endless stormtroopers, occasionaly you'll fight some aliens aswell, but even they'll be mixed in with yet more stormies. And they arent even hard to kill, effortlessly mowed down blasts of lightning.

The storyline is also laughable. You're an assassin, you're hunting jedi, and for some reason even the empire, well, mostly the empire, wants to kill you even though you work for them, for unexplained reasons. Your character is an insuffurable whiney little hormone driven teenage emo. Stomping around yelling at people and having temper tantrums. He is not beleivable or likeable and you will honestly rejoice when he dies at the end of the game. The others are a female character who simply exists to wave breasts around in your face and look model like. But they even screwed this up badly because even though she is obviously supposed to look like Jodie Kidd she actualy looks mutated and deformed, especialy from the side. In the she has disturbing and frequent facial glitches, and a major underbite visible from the side.

All in all it is a clone of Assassins Creed. And not even a good one. Storyline: 2/10 Gameplay: 3/10 Characters: 1/10 Worlds: 5/10 Living up to hype: 0/10 Overall: 3/10

I absolutely hated it, mainly because of the way moving things about with the force was done. It's so clumsy and awkward, I couldn't stand it. Also, the whole thing with the duels with other force users... yeah, I hated that too. I didn't get very far before deciding the game was just too much crap to play.

It felt like a half-assed lazily-done port from console to PC. Maybe it works better on console. Maybe not.

YMMV. Some people seem to love it, some hate it. I highly suggest borrowing it from a friend or something, anything, to try it before you buy it.

Its identicle on console. And you're lucky you didnt finish it. Most of the later bosses cant actualy be fought-the whole fight is just a huge quick-time event. So unless you're the kind of fanboy who sees a rock with "shtarwarz" scrawled on it and defend's its honour to the death for being "starwars stuff, then no, you'll honestly have more fun watching paint dry.

I've only ever seen one "next gen" game worse than this, Muscle March, and that was only SLIGHTLY worse.

Cripes there's gonna be a sequel to this game? And this was a shoe-in for the "Games that DON'T need a sequel" thread.

They really should've stuck with the mechanics from the Jedi Knight/Jedi Academy series.

NO! not another one! the failure of the original is already over 9000!

No seriously, I cant beleive they're STILL churning out starwars games. That franchise surely cant have more than a line of untold dialogue left in it. And for once Im not just saying that because Im a rival science fiction author.

NO! not another one! the failure of the original is already over 9000!

No seriously, I cant beleive they're STILL churning out starwars games. That franchise surely cant have more than a line of untold dialogue left in it. And for once Im not just saying that because Im a rival science fiction author.

I think most of the new games that are coming out are spin-offs of the original story. The "Old Republic" games are a good example of this. Personally, I love it, but I'm also a huge star wars nut. No, I don't wear costumes....

The sequel looks pretty sharp though. You ought to at least check out the preview movies for it.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I went ahead and bought this game because I found it really cheap over at Amazon. And I'll have to say, I think you guys were wrong. This game is quite awesome so far! In fact, I've found it to be mostly the opposite of what was said here. Now I do agree, that there could be more combos out there, but there is also a point where you can get too many combos either. This game seems to be on the slightly short end of them though. Most of them are basically just repeats or upgraded version of previous combos. Hopefully, FU2 will fix that.

You definately need an Xbox controller though. The mouse controls when you force grip are really wonky. I have also had a few glitches with the cutscenes where the sounds breaks up. Seems to clear up though if you restart the game. I think after a couple hours the game seems to forget to clear out the memory or something (similar problem with Oblivion). Glitches aside, I think it's been great so far.