Star Wars: Force Unleashed

lonewolfkai

Once you've finished the game that's it.

No replay value ecept for finding ludicrously easy to recover glowing crystals, for limited gain. It also has soem major saving errors, so not all of those discoveries will record, and just feels like merchandising. Just my two cents.

I played the first two levels, TRIED to ignore the horrible way you had to utilize the Force with your mouse and keyboard, and eventually quit because it felt like a cheap platformer. I might have persisted had it been a more solid experience, but I hate the whole 'glowing orbs abound when killing enemies' thing. A Star Wars game needs to be a bit more than that type of platformer. It felt too much like Lego Star Wars without the lego.

Halororor, I think it was meant to be a platformer.... And I'm not sure what you mean about glowing orbs. Are you talking about the life you get back when you kill them? The green things that's barely visible and comes to you. Makes sense that a Sith gets life from killing. As far as the keyboard/mouse thing, yeah, that's the game's biggest flaw. The controls are horrendous, but that's why I stated that an Xbox controller for the PC is really a necessity. That's the reason I'm going to give to automatically take my score of the game down to 9 out of 10 in my review. I'll probably do another -1 point for the other technical problems.

Vindekarr, so far, I've had no problems with saving files, other than you can't choose different files to save to. That is kind of annoying. I've found a way to get around that though and have different copies, but that really shouldn't be necessary. It should have been designed differently so that I wouldn't have to do that. For replayability, I'd think that's a matter of opinion. I'll probably replay a few levels again, but I can see where you coming from on that. The game might be good for one more playthrough. Still, for $10, it's been a great game.

You definately need an Xbox controller though. The mouse controls when you force grip are really wonky.

The game should've stayed on Xbox.

Or they could've, I donno, put some frigging effort into designing a viable control system for PC. But no, the game exemplifies everything that's wrong with the game industry today. Half-assed crap console ports where nobody stops to think "Oh, hey, this mechanic designed for a console? Not gonna work on PC."

This game should join ET in its desert grave.

It joins Modern Warfare II, ET, Mass Effect, and Left 4 Dead 2 as the only games I took back to the store.

I also WOULD add the worst of them all, Aliens Vus Predator (2010) to that list, but it just ended up in the recycling bin folder being Steamed. Normaly I give away games I dont like, but I'm too nice to foist that horror upon a freind.

It joins Modern Warfare II, ET, Mass Effect, and Left 4 Dead 2 as the only games I took back to the store.

I also WOULD add the worst of them all, Aliens Vus Predator (2010) to that list, but it just ended up in the recycling bin folder being Steamed. Normaly I give away games I dont like, but I'm too nice to foist that horror upon a freind.

LOL, I was thinking about buying that one too.

I dunno guys, my experience has been pretty good with the Force Unleashed so far.

About games staying on consoles, personally, I'm glad they at least port some of these games. I don't have most of the consoles that come out and my only real option is to get the computer version. I do agree though that PCs get the shaft a lot.

:excl:

With apologies to Sesame Street...

One of these things is not like the others,

One of these things just doesn't belong,

Can you tell which thing is not like the others

By the time I finish my song?

Did you guess which thing was not like the others?

Did you guess which thing just doesn't belong?

They all belong Neko.

MW2 was hideously flawed, poorly balanced, boring, and full of twelve year olds using hacked, pirated versions of the game.

Mass Effect was simply boredum. Endless endless grindy boredum. No proper character customisation. No proper combat engine. No proper RPG elaments. And in the end shpherd was SO BLAND! ARGH! it felt like playing as a bloody accountant it was so dull!

It wasnt a matter of what it had but what it didnt. Sheperd's character, the inability to simply take off my helmet and through it out the window, the achingly boring combat, the fact that of all the planet, about three actualy had any detail or worthwhile exploration and the obcenely flat protagonist made me hate it with passion. To quote the lead character? umm, yeah, what?

AVP deserves to be cancelled for it's offence to PC gaming. A shameless console port that barely works without an xbox controller and in fact in places actualy says in the PC version "please do not turn off your xbox 360 console or remove the memory units" DESPITE BEING ON THE BLEEDIN PC. The gamplay was abnoxious, slowly walk through a level. Shoot alines. Stealth was... broken. It had only six people online at the best of times, and it had random, epic bursts of lag even on a PC that ate crysis for breakfast-because of memory leaks. Lots of memory leaks.

L4D2 is a perfect name. It's exactly what Valve likes to do to it's players. They'll be Left 4 Dead within a week. One patch, if you're lucky. Horrible numb characters. Aweful gunplay, a total lack of the vaunted dynamic dificulty. Actualy that's wrong too, it WAS dynamic, you pressed "escape" and twiddled the options, that made it... dynamic to a point. And I'll say this: this is the most artisticaly beautiful masterpiece of a game evr made because it tell's it's story with it's very code. It's a shambling living corpse of a once great game, slo9wly rotting away and shedding bits, not alive and totaly devoid of emotion or fun, but sadly not dead either. :)

And Force Unleashed 2 should be cancelled too. God the first one was aweful. The only enemies who actualoy challenge you are the cliffs themselves. Fall and you die, thats about all that kills you. Enemies aim like they've been flashbanged or dropped as babies. The grunts are mowed down en masse by lightning. lightning immue units can be killed by the one shot one kill sabre throw, or just by shoving them screaming off the constant cliffs. This game is linear beyond comprehension, it's boring beyond enjoyment. It's painful beyond playability.

if this is the kind of game you want Lonewolf, I'd really recomend Torchlight, You'll really enjoy that, it's not SW, but it's a great little hack n slash RPG with similar overall gameplay and REALLY fun "shoot smash chop stomp shoot smash stomp toss" rythmic gameplay I absolutely loved. It's also long and endlessly replayable, with awesome gear and great combat.