How to configure weapons damage?

peaku

Actually i want to know that which program should i use to configure my weapons damage

any step by step explanation would be helpful :laugh: :laugh:

I want to know how to configure my weapons damage....like suppose i want to increase/decrease my sniper rifle(or any other weapon) damage so how can i increase/decrease it? :mellow:

So please reply and tell me :laugh:

A step by step guide can also work :laugh:

Edited by peaku

Sounds like you want the GECK.

I'm not at my computer right now so I can't give you any step by step instructions on actually changing the damage values. But basically after you download and place the files into your New Vegas directory, you want to load the fallout esm then go to the weapons tab, choose the weapon you want to change the damage for and, well, change the damage.

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

Sounds like you want the GECK.

I'm not at my computer right now so I can't give you any step by step instructions on actually changing the damage values. But basically after you download and place the files into your New Vegas directory, you want to load the fallout esm then go to the weapons tab, choose the weapon you want to change the damage for and, well, change the damage.

Okay thanks

You can also use FNVEdit - I don't have the link available right now, but you should be able to find it via a simple search of the Nexus. With FNVEdit it's as simple as drilling down to the entry in question by expanding the relevant trees, then finding the right box to edit. Faster, simpler, and far easier than the GECK - less prone to crashing too.

You can also use FNVEdit - I don't have the link available right now, but you should be able to find it via a simple search of the Nexus. With FNVEdit it's as simple as drilling down to the entry in question by expanding the relevant trees, then finding the right box to edit. Faster, simpler, and far easier than the GECK - less prone to crashing too.

It's a bit more of an advanced approach, but not by much. You just need to make sure that you make your changes as an override in a new plugin instead of editing FalloutNV.esm directly. Something that isn't immediately obvious for someone new to FNVEdit or the concept of load orders.

Thank you sir,i'll use that but actually i was successfully able to edit my weapons damage with 'GECK'....now i have one more question,how do i configure my pistols rate of fire after making it fully automatic,cause when i edited my debug pistol's rate of fire it just changed the shooting recoil of my pistol but didn't shoot like smg?

In simple way,i just want to know how do i EDIT MY PISTOL TO SHOOT LIKE SMG?

Edited by peaku

I'm no expert but one way to find out how to do thing like your last question, is to D/L a mod, someone else's mod that does what you wish to do, and open it in the GECK and rummage through it.

Sometimes you can work out how they achieved it, other times just messing around in there gives you the clues you need and you are lucky that your interest is guns because there are so very many mods :laugh:

And if your messing about with a mod as the active file in the GECK it doesn't matter if you break it because you can just replace the .esp - much better than messing with the FalloutNV.esm

Thank you sir,i'll use that but actually i was successfully able to edit my weapons damage with 'GECK'....now i have one more question,how do i configure my pistols rate of fire after making it fully automatic,cause when i edited my debug pistol's rate of fire it just changed the shooting recoil of my pistol but didn't shoot like smg?

Up at the top, there's a 'flags' box. Check off the automatic box.

Edit: And... I'm missing something else, I'll figure it out later.

Edit 2: Set the attack anim to attackloop, set the semi-auto fire delay max to 0, set the firing rate to something like 9 and I think that should do it

Edited by ArekkusuStorm

Up at the top, there's a 'flags' box. Check off the automatic box.

Edit: And... I'm missing something else, I'll figure it out later.

Edit 2: Set the attack anim to attackloop, set the semi-auto fire delay max to 0, set the firing rate to something like 9 and I think that should do it

It worked! thanks :laugh:,you are AWESOME!