ninja or pirate

TheCalliton

ninja or pirate  

25 members have voted

1. 1. ninja or pirate

• NINJA
    • PIRATE

Japan has been around for over 2,000 years, although perhaps not using that particular name. Piracy has been going on since Ancient Greece, but did not begin it's real glory years probably unti the mid 1600's, the time of Blackbeard among some of the others I mentioned earlier. My vote is still going with the Ninjas.

• 4 months later...

If nothing else, remember this:

Ninjas are welcome in the Nexus :ninja: :thumbsup: - Pirates get banned from it :pirate: :down: .

:D :yes: :D :yes:

That's not a fair arguement. It's like comparing likes Toes to Potatoes, just for a name similarity.

If Sea Pirates are compared to the...y'know, we should be comparing the Ninja's to backstab-flamers. Skulking in the shadows...Waiting to attack...

Big argument for me is that the pirate life is easily romanticized, while the ninja life is more of "fear them" basis, with only the ambitious of children aiming to be one. Gullible children in 'them days' easily see the rosey side of pirates and say "Golly-olley, I wanna be a pirate!".

The controversy for pirates is spread wide open, with the public clearly divided. Ninja's on the other hand have the people confused whether they protect or assassinate the peasants. Say what you want, but the support of the public is a force to be reckoned with.

It's no longer the truth that matters, it's how things appear as. Just like politics.

I'd go for pirates because Ninja-suits only feel cool for so long, but when pirate outfits surpass their "cool" feeling, they become icons of joyfulness and Rum.

Edited by RJ the Shadow

Ahh, I'd make a fine pirate.

I even look like one.

Six-foot-eight, thick brown beard, shaggy shoulder length black hair, I just need a peg leg, a hat, and a cap'rn-y outfit and you've got yourself a seadog. Except I cant swim and am badly bathyphobic.

But provided I didnt look over the side, yeah, i'd make a great pirate. I've got all the right skills(plundering, drinking, being lazy, being rude, fixing things in such a way they break again, cheekiness, rogueish charm(ok maybe not that))

I'd like that sort of life, 80% lazing around, 10% getting rich and carousing ,10% rescuin' fair maidens and sinkin' landlubbers. (I always wondered, if they're landlubbers, why are they on boats in the first place? that line never made sense for me.).

A Ninja is just too much work. All that sneaking-you ever seen a 240 pound man sneak?!-you would get a sore back from bending over all the time to sneak, you;d be constantly at war with awesomely badass Samurai, would have to constantly be running up stairs and hills(rural Japan is largely mountain, I've been there) and anyway, when was the last time a fantasy Ninja: Went social drinking/got very rich suddenly/had a hilarious drunken misadventure involving treasure/said something funny/shot a cannon/had a nap on duty/simply decided to stay at home and be lazy all day?

NEVER! Ninjas are all work work work, but Pirates? yohoho I'm a lazy ocean bum. :pirate:

EDIT: Rule 40861890264-9127-5-023-4071239-78 of the internet: there is a clip/picture/GIF of everything, you hath but to Google it. So the above is thus, retorical.

Edited by Vindekarr

I'd take ninja. I believe that at least during their inception, ninjas were protecting common citizens; indeed from what I have read, most of the early ninjas were actual citizens who wanted the training necessary to kill their oppressors (samurai). To me, fighting oppression is always a just cause. There's no such thing as back-stabbing oppressors. If you treat the common people like crap for long enough, then you should be prepared for retaliation, in whatever form that manifests. In Japan's case, that form of retribution was the ninja.

Pirates on the other hand killed and looted merchants and the merchants' ships for a living. As romanticized as it is, one can't really call that a just cause. I still like pirates though, and I can certainly see how it'd have been fun to be one. Just because I say their cause wasn't just doesn't mean I wouldn't have delighted in it.