Some questions regarding wyrebash

vizhi

Hello. I have read and watched several wyrebash tutorials and guides about making bashed patches, however I can't seem to make them to work properly, mainly because it seems to me that many mods (for example harvest overhaul creatures) are not wyrebash friendly, and just running loot and wyrebash and hoping for the best won't work if you have too many mods. Therefore I would like to ask people who know about modding some questions only regarding the leveled lists that wyrebash is supposed to merge:

1- short: Can I run wyrebash only with 2 mods enabled and use the resulting esp as a compatibility patch for those 2 mods only?

long: From my understanding, what wyrebash is supposed to be doing is merging leveled lists so that the edits to these lists that were done by other mods than the last one loaded are incorporated in the game as well. However it seems to me that wyrebash does more than just that. Let's say I only have three mods, one that adds several armors to some bandit leveled lists, another one that changes a lot of things in the game but also adds some more armors to the same leveled list, and a third one like morrow loot that just removes some of the higher level armors from the same leveled list. Let's say I have a dozen of other mods that make a lot of visual changes that I dont really want wyrebash to touch because even if they make changes to leveled lists, theyre minimal changes and I don't care if they're incorporated in my game or not. Can I disable the other dozen mods that I dont want wyrebash to touch, then just run wyrebash on the three mods that I know change the leveled lists, and used the bashed patch esp as a sort of a compatibility patch for that 3 mods?

2-short: How can I test if my bashed patch is working properly?

long: As of now the only way I know to test if the patch was done successfully is to go in the game and find a lot of loot containers and hope I see all the mods' items in them. That is too time consuming and not really practical if I have too many mods installed. Can I just view the bashed patche's leveled list in some program and see if items from the mods are in there or not without having to go in game?

no just open Wrye bash, it will create a Bashed patch.0 esp, then pop up a menu, go to the leveled list tab and see which mods are in, if you agree with it, clic build patch. if you don't just remove the mod listed

@@

no just open Wrye bash, it will create a Bashed patch.0 esp, then pop up a menu, go to the leveled list tab and see which mods are in, if you agree with it, clic build patch. if you don't just remove the mod listed

@@

For instance, if I remove harvest overhaul creatures from the mods in leveled list tab, will the new bashed patch overwrite the changes it makes? If so should I load it after the bashed patch to get around it?

@@

For instance, if I remove harvest overhaul creatures from the mods in leveled list tab, will the new bashed patch overwrite the changes it makes? If so should I load it after the bashed patch to get around it?

you mean, the bashed patch was already done? so yes it will reverse back to default and no the bashed patch must be the last in the LO to avoid any conflict with other mods

@@

Ah, you seem to be misunderstanding me. I have read the tutorials on the regular use of Wyrebash, what I want clarification on is the effects of using it in ways it is not usually advised, such as not loading it last, and testing the results.

ahhhhhhhhh! :) my bad, i'm not a WB pro, i use it with mods which need to, never get further.

but try it the way you want, what i've understood is, you just want to remove a mod from the leveled list, so it will revert to default, i really don't think it will do weird thing if you load the mod after the bashed patch, the best will be, it won't appear anymore in the lvled list tab, the worst will be that the game won't start :P

From reading this , am not really sure what you are looking to do.....but...

AS to the Details of your bashed patch....right click Bashedpatch in the mod list...select "Details" , when i do for my bashed patch i get 3560 lines of details. Doesn't tell ya much, just lists what is in the patch.

Bashpatch will only include the mods YOU tell it to include, everything in the patch config can be turned on and off. Stats, Merge patches, Tweaks, Import sound,Import Graphics, Level lists..... Uncheck the box for any one thing, or the entire section...your choice. On the Level List you need to turn off automatic , then you can select individually what you want included. Every choice you see in the patch config comes from LOOT/BOSS OR you added a tag or 2 yourself. When you see in LOOT the tag for say RELEV/DELEV or Stats, CELL you will notice these are the things in the bashed patch.

Take for instance..The UNofficial patch. these are the TAGS from LOOT ....

{{BASH:C.Acoustic,C.Climate,C.Encounter,C.ImageSpace,C.LTemplate,C.Light,C.Location,C.Music,C.Name,C.Owner,C.Water,Delev,Graphics,Invent,Names,Relev,Sound,Stats}}

So have a look in patch config they are all choices...Well they are in the version I use...306

I always run with a Full bashed patch. Current patch = 3597 edits and my game is stable , and everything works. I do not try to second guess Wrye.

Ok, I seem to have somewhat fixed my problems. I disabled Hunterborn in MO before creating the bashed patch and re-enabled it again and now it seems it's working properly. Also some enemies would be naked and that was because Loot hadn't properly tagged the amidianborn content addon plugin. (It needs both Delev and Relev tags)

That makes me wonder if there is a user-based wryebash tag database, like a wiki of sorts, where I can look up the correct bash tags to use on my mods.

There's also the problem of bandits now having more than one armor in their inventory, though I can't say for sure if it's a problem with wryebash or one of my mods is intentionally making it this way.

LOOT should be adding the tags for you....you are using LOOT correct? (Grab latest from dropbox link).....

In any case you can add any tags you want from inside Wrye Bash...>bottom right .

Highlight a mod you want to add a tag for...right click in that lower right box...Select a tag...:)

MY Wrye now has 23 possible tags to add.

IF you think a mods needs a tag....try it! Add the Tag....rebuild the patch, IF Wrye found things from that mod that it wanted to add you will see it in the LOG, if nothing got changed or added to the patch then that TAG was useless.

Edited by camaro_69_327