Oblivion movie drone - Ed E replacer

walker1720

There are quite a few mods that upgrade ED-E's weapons, defences and make cosmetic changes but to make him into an 'real' Oblivion drone wouldn't be about changing how he looks but how he moves. Because (I think) the thing that made the 'O' drones impressive and intimidating was their standing-still-to-moving-flat-out-then-Stop!... motion. Very machine, very purposeful and dangerous looking...

Where as ED-E kind of.. bimbles around the place, the machine 'body language' of a gentle soul.... Not like the 'O' drones at all. It might be possible to change ED-E's appearance and his sounds but it wouldn't be convincing if he continued floating along like a toy balloon. If you see what I'm getting at here. Convincingly changing ED-E from a cute robotic 'innocent' into something that gives the impression that it could efficiently hunt down and destroy every single threat in the wasteland before the player even has left Goodsprings really isn't about how his shell looks.

And I have the idea that would be a far far harder (if not impossible) mod to make, though I'd love to be proved wrong - the Oblivion drones were seriously impressive!

I don't want him being slaughter bot Ed-E just thought upgraded looks and stats would be a good game changer. The O-Drones are really kick a** but the sonic speed could be left out. I'm totally a noob and modding is alien to me but I'm trying to learn. The problem is being poor, broke, and ugly doesn't help. As well as using a salvaged system Built by me who learned computers by trial and error no training. Thank You, SayinNuthin for the reply and explanation.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Thanks the work looks great. I see others are going to work on it as well. I'm sorry I can't but no skills in any associated department for modding. Thank you for the interest, it truly is good work. and thanks to those who have chosen to work on this.

it's alive! lol we have updated the drone he is alive and in FNV hes not a follower yet but you can kill him and check him out in game.

it's alive! lol we have updated the drone he is alive and in FNV hes not a follower yet but you can kill him and check him out in game.

Looks interesting, but the way you'v set up your permissions makes it very difficult to use them in another authors mod;

"You may use The drone in your mods just please point back to this page and do not re-upload him with your mod."

If I was to do much of anything with it, I would need the flexibility to be able to include teh texture/meshes etc in any esp I would be working on.