how do I make an omod from an omod ready mod?

Vindekarr

Hey all. I'm normaly great at installing mods-I've even started making my own with a bit of success. Hell, I've even gotten past the initial god items and started making quests and non god, regular items. But now Im about to install Better Cities. Im out of my depth because I'm being called upon to convert the three component files into OMODs and I dont know how to do that. So I've come here for help rather than waste time or mess up file structure.

So just how does one convert an "Omod-Ready" mod resource package like Banansplit's Better Cities three parts into an Omod? Or do you know where I can find the knowledge of how to do that? because I've got a fully working copy of OBMM, its just I purged my PC of excess data a few nights ago and lost the manual. And Better Cities to my knoledge doesnt show how in the manual? Any non trolling advice would be appreciated. o_O

Major edit: I've got better Cities 100% working via manual insall, but Im still curious as to learning how to do this.

I just did this myself actually. http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#OBMM this explains how to create OMODs. You need to extract the files to a temporary folder, then go to create omod in obmm and select add folder then find the extracted archive folder. It came up with an warning when i did it saying the files aren't organised properly or something. Just click OK because there will be a script in there that will sort everything out for you

I just did this myself actually. http://cs.elderscrolls.com/constwiki/index.php/Oblivion_Mods_FAQ#OBMM this explains how to create OMODs. You need to extract the files to a temporary folder, then go to create omod in obmm and select add folder then find the extracted archive folder. It came up with an warning when i did it saying the files aren't organised properly or something. Just click OK because there will be a script in there that will sort everything out for you

You should NOT extract the files to a temporary folder. Just select "Add archive" instead of "Add folder", and find the downloaded archive. No need to store the downloaded archive any specific place, just as long as you find it with the file chooser window that opens when you choose "Add archive".

Btw, the reason you should not extract the files first is that OBMM behaves smarter when adding an archive than when adding an extracted folder, if the mod isn't packed according to standards.

For the record, this is how you would make omods out of non-omod ready archives as well, just that you need to fill out the omod name and version (at least) before creating the omod.

You should NOT extract the files to a temporary folder. Just select "Add archive" instead of "Add folder", and find the downloaded archive.

This is BAD advice. The advice it referenced is misleading in that the purpose of extracting to a temporary folder is so that you can "fix" whatever issues there are with the original packaging before trying to add it to OBMM. Not all mods are packaged so that they can be extracted directly to the Data folder and work. Some expect you to put the meshes and textures in the correct locations (without the subfolders existing in the archive) while others simply have multiple options that you must choose from before adding it...such as different ESP files based on what you already have installed or different meshes based on what body type you are using.

Example: Reconditioning a Downloaded Mod Archive

LHammonds