Introducing Vidar

Admiral

Name: Vidar

Race: Nord or Norsemen (in a nonMorrowind RPG)

Sex: Male

Weapon of choice: Longsword and Shield. Or a 2 handed sword.

Attitude/character: Vidar doesn't like crowds, and prefers to be only in the company of close friends. He has a strong sense of honor, and duty. He married the love of his life (Nord named Svafa).

The Aesir are the Norse Warrior gods. (Odin, Thor, Tyr, Vidar are just a few)

The Vanir make up the fertility gods. (Freya, Freyr and Njord to name some)

You'll find that I often use stuff from Norse mythology.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

I figured what you meant, just giving you a hard time ;)

Have you updated your website? It looks great, I like the face you chose for Odin, but wasnt he supposed to have an eye missing? :P sorry for asking that there arent any faces with an eye missing are there.... :unsure:

Well I look forward to the mod, looks awesome so far!

Since I'm not creating a new Vidar I won't create a new thread. However, I think it is about time that I posted a bio on him.

BIO:

(Morrowind Version)

Vidar was born in the Vidgrid, a small village in the mountains of Skyrim. The inhabitants of Vidgrid were always hospitable to wandering strangers. Offering those who came upon the village food and shelter.

On day when Vidar was about ten years of age, a stranger named Loki happened upon the town. Unlike previous guests who would leave happily with no trouble, Loki; however, tried to steel. Vidar's youngest brother caught Loki steeling and Loki slew him. The village quickly avenged Vidar's brother but the event had left it's mark on the young Nord.

Shortly after the death of his brother Vidar began wandering in the wilderness alone. He was also very suspicous of any stranger. As he grew older his solitary habits also grew. Eventually he began a voiding any large grouping of people. His strange behaviour caught the attention of beautiful Svafa.

Svafa would follow Vidar, staying just out of site wondering why he would go wandering. Vidar was aware of her following him, in a way he liked it, and have some fun trying to lose her. Over a couple of weeks, Svafa finally worked up the courage to talk to Vidar. The two quickly became freinds, and eventually fell in love. Svafa was the only person who thawed the ice that had enveloped his heart since his brothers' death.

At the age of 20 the two married. With Svafa at his side Vidar began to behave more normally in his village. The scars of his brother's death never left him though. To this date he is very distrustful of strangers. When he leaves Vidgrid he always wears his armor. Also because of his brother's death, Vidar loves hunting down criminals, and despises when innocents are taken advantage of. He is fiercly loyal to his family, village and to the few friends he has outside of Vidgrid.

When ever work takes him from his family Vidar is always anxious to return, where he can once again relax.

Archived