TheCalliton

hello all

recently I have seen a few mod requests for shorter wait times

i hate the long wait time too :wallbash:

anyways, I thought we should compile a list of things that CANNOT BE DONE

1. Shorter waiting time

2. New skills

3. Different body meshes for different races

4. Mods that change the same race. the last one in the load order will conquer the other mercilessly. This also applys to vendor chests

5. new weapon types. no spear :(

6. no moving planes of water

7. cannot add body slots (no second heads, sorry)

8. Esp.s cannot communicate between each other. their phones are dead, because they dont pay their phone bills

9. Collision (Havoc physics) cannot be added to the player or player-worn items such as clothing or armor.

10. " Rigged hair. I don't mean wigs, which CAN be rigged to move with the body. I mean hair that you add to a race in the CS and equip through Character Generation. It cannot be done; trust me, I've tried." Desuchan

11. no stopping the rain inside

12. no soft body physics

13. no new colored lights

14. No nested Begin/end blocks.

15. No huge battles with hundreds of enemies. (no battle of hastings, sorry)

16. No getting followers to jump. (they are just too lazy)

17. No objects that act like water (So no realistic fountains unless they're cell-sized).

18. Sheogorath cannot make sense

19. Cannot copy an object/actor from kotn without the cs crashing

20. cannot climb a rope or ladder Or even climb up a rock pile (if the rocks are spaced properly you can hop up from one to another, but cannot climb.)

tell me what to add!

keep em coming! (note ill try to add some humor once in a while)

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cannot have two mods modifying the same race. The last mod loaded will completely overwrite the other mod's changes to the race (usually a problem with the vanilla races and beauty packs)

Cannot have two mods modify the same vendor chest. The last mod loaded will completely overwrite the other mod's changes. Best practice is to add your own vendor chest and set ownership the same as the original so the vendor can access your vendor chest as well.

Cannot add new weapon types. To add a new weapon type, you really have to "replace" an existing weapon type...which removes a weapon type from the game and adds yours. Generally not what people go for since it causes compatibility problems with all mods that add replaced weapons to the game. Example: Adding a gun by replacing a bow...all bow mods can no longer be used.

Cannot add new body slots.

.esp plugins cannot communicate between each other.

Cannot add new colored lights (magic effects)...can only replace existing ones...which again causes compatibility issues with other mods that do the same.

Collision (Havoc physics) cannot be added to the player or player-worn items such as clothing or armor.

No nested Begin/end blocks.

No huge battles with hundreds of enemies.

No getting followers to jump.

No objects that act like water (So no realistic fountains unless they're cell-sized).

No customs moons that don't replace everything.