How long did it take you to complete Dawnguard? (Vampiric Side)

fi5h1fishy

Hello!

I remember seeing a forum thread, similar to this, stating that the average play time for Dawnguard is 4 hours.

4 Hours.

Its taken me atleast 10 hours and I haven't even completed the Vampiric side of the DLC, let alone the Dawnguard side.

So, depending on the speed in which people play through the DLC; the time taken to complete the DLC will alter.

So, i would like to know if im moving too slow, or is 4 hours just a bit rushed.

(I've had Skyrim for over a year, and I have only just decided to check the DLC's out)

I never completed the whole DLC but it depends on how you play the game.

If you take your time, immerse yourself, and never done the quests before -- it might take a bit longer.

If you know all the quests, "op", and just blaze through everything doing ONLY the quests -- not stopping on the side to collect materials, hunt some animals, mine some ore, etc; it could take a bit longer.

I didn't even realise at the beginning there was the option to choose 2 different sides, i wasn't clearly asked if i wanted to join the Dawnguard, or join the vampires. But i would have chosen the vampires so its all good, and i will come back to play through the Dawnguard side also.

I'm glad its not just me, and now i understand that the way im playing through will take me longer, which is good.

Thanks for the help! ;)