Hacking. Cheating. And the death of honourable gaming?

Vindekarr

28 members have voted

1. 1. Your thoughts on hceating.

• I think it is right to win by any means. Even hacking.
    • Cheating is a crime, and I would never take part in it.
    • I try to play fair, but cant always win without cheating.
    • It is better to lose as an honest man than win a cheat.
    • Other. You will be required to post an explaination.
  2. 2. Your thoughts on the developer's response.

• I dont see what is wrong with hacking. remove the laws.
    • They do too little to stop this. I call for drastic action.
    • More must be done, but without becoming nazis.
    • I dont really think anything needs to change.
    • Other. please post and explain.

no, IP ban right away.

These people never learn.

But the real problem is that barely any online games actualy have moderators. Nothing I've ever seen on steam does anyway. They do this because they know full well they'll get away with it. Steam powers most online games these days. And Valve dont give a damn about the state of play, just as long as the huge profits make their way into Gabe Newell's account.

Ahhhh.....Thise were the days....

COD UO online play where OCCASIONALLY a hack would show up, get caught abd band and the rest of us would go back too sniping or spray amd pray.....

Where a patient player could take a KAR-98 and creep along sniping the 6 year olds carrying the biggest machine gun they could get. Hell,all you had to do was find a bush, watch the windows and doorways and pray you didnt run out of ammo.

Now adays I cant find a multi player online where at least half of the players arent bulletproof and borderless. I gave up the online play.

I'll mod the hell out of a game like fallout but ussually only add new lands or better weapons. (I likes my 1911a1's) . Online play should be level across the board. But then again, It doesnt bother me too lose to a better player and I dont mind rules.

Which is why the only online play I choose is to host a password only server with some close friends..... They know if they get caught cheating I'll go knock on their door.

Anyway,thats my 2 cents..... Maybe they need to offer UNMODDED game servers for the honest and open servers for the other 99%.

Naaa......Never happen!