Overwhelmed!

SluggoV2

I just dl Oblivion from Steam for my PC last night and after a few google searches, I'm a little overwhelmed with all the mods, add-ons, patches, etc. that's available. The reason I purchased Oblivion is to play with mods and hopefully gain a new experience. I have logged over 250hrs on the 360 playing Oblivion, so I'm not new to The Elder Scrolls, just to PC gaming. I don't know how yet to manually install patches or mods, so keep that in mind with your recommendations. Yeah, I'm still a PC gamer newb, but I hope to fix that ( with my ADD allowing ). So please don't just give me links to walls of text and links to all the Oblivion mods know to man, I have found most of those already, which is why I am overwhelmed.

So where do I start...what mod's / patches should I start with?

I'm assuming that I already have all of the official patches installed since I just DL'd it yesterday, so I am going to install the TES unofficial patch (V3.2 w/installer) next.

edited: to not imply that I pirated the game

well if you got it legally, then we will help you

otherwise your just another :pirate: taken down by the forum NINJAS!

:ninja: :ninja: :ninja:

calm down....calm down...I got it from Steam. :thumbsup:

I don't support pirating games, or even used games for that matter. :down:

the best quest mod out there is Lost Spires, by a long shot. Other mods I would highly recommend beginning with include Malevolent, Ruined-Tail's Tale, Tears of the Fiend, Kumiko Manor, Frostcrag Revisited (if you have the official Frostcrag, of course), and Bladesong. Those are the best, most popular mods out there, and are well supported. It's pretty hard to go wrong with any of them. Beyond that, I recommend going to the TESnexus.com site, and taking a look at the categories, choosing one that fits what you're looking for personally and going through it. It'll take some time, but it's well worth it. :)

the best quest mod out there is Lost Spires, by a long shot. Other mods I would highly recommend beginning with include Malevolent, Ruined-Tail's Tale, Tears of the Fiend, Kumiko Manor, Frostcrag Revisited (if you have the official Frostcrag, of course), and Bladesong. Those are the best, most popular mods out there, and are well supported. It's pretty hard to go wrong with any of them. Beyond that, I recommend going to the TESnexus.com site, and taking a look at the categories, choosing one that fits what you're looking for personally and going through it. It'll take some time, but it's well worth it. :)

Cool, I'll start with Lost Spires...