How do I make NIF and DDS/NDDS files? On a tiny budget.

Vindekarr

Modding is a long time pssion of mine and I have the utmost respect for modders. Recently however I've become a modder in my own right rather than simply a dilletant who likes shiney new modded things. I've made a few little mods for myself of increasing complexity and just finished making myself a house. Im finaly ready to either move on to things worthy of uploading, or to perhaps start learning texture making and NIF making,

The only problem with that is I have absolutely no money to devote to the task. Modding is and only will be a small hobby-I have many others and excess money goes into those.

So firstly what programs make textures and what programs make meshes? Prefferably programs on the "could be used by goats, idiots, and even VIndekarr" levels of complexity as I'm still kinda new, but any info you can give me would be hugely apreciated.

I don't think you need money to do that: but you need time to learn all those things.

- Blender is free 3D modelling tool.

- You can use any graphic editor/painting program to make texture. Photoshop and Paintshop Pro can handle .dds if you install dds plugin(ok, you need money to buy them, unless you already have them). If you don't want to spend money, you can use GIMP or Paint.net. Also you can download Texture tool from nVidia developer zone.