openinventory script

cotoli

HI all

im trying to do a very simple script attached to a spell but im a noob with papyrus. I know how to create the magic effect, the spell, etc... but the script is maddening me.The spell is meant to open the targeted npc inventory, equipped items included:

Scriptname shownpcinventory extends activemagiceffect

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget)

OpenInventory()

EndEvent

Function OpenInventory(bool abForceOpen = true) native

xxxxxx

Endfunction

Where it says xxxxxx i tried everything but the script never compiles. I feel so stupid. I know that it has to be something about the function not belonging to an activemagiceffect. But i cant solve it...

any help would be so much appreciated!

Edited by cotoli

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCastor)
  akTarget.OpenInventory(true)
EndEvent 

The NPC whose inventory you want to see needs to be the one to actually call the function. If you want to open the inventory of non-teammate NPCs then include the "true" as I have it above. Otherwise, remove it and the spell will only work on followers.

Event OnEffectStart(Actor akTarget, Actor akCastor)
  akTarget.OpenInventory(true)
EndEvent 

The NPC whose inventory you want to see needs to be the one to actually call the function. If you want to open the inventory of non-teammate NPCs then include the "true" as I have it above. Otherwise, remove it and the spell will only work on followers.

Hey thanks! I used the OpenInventory() script, but it never worked for me until now. I never thought of adding (true), I just thought something else was the problem.