Ladies and Gentlemen!

Harabec Weathers

Semper Fi, And welcome to a very exclusive club with a very steep and intense initiation rite.

So how was you vacation on beautiful Parris Island (BTW Right across the bay from the exclusive resort Hilton Head)

I'm sure you will remember it lovingly for the rest of your life. I guarantee you will never forget it.

If you ever see the Movie 'Full Metal Jacket' that platoon would have been 2 weeks behind mine based on their platoon number. It was filmed in the barracks I was in (and also my youngest son was in 20 years later). But those little trees just outside the door sure grew a lot in those 2 weeks ( the movie was made exactly 10 years after my time there)

Yes I really am that old.

Wow, that's awesome :D

What are you training to be Harabec? I tried to enter the military...had complications :( My boyfriend was a Navy guy heh.

Welcome back to the Nexus, and congratulations for the title! It does got a very nice ring to it.

It's good to know that there's people in this world with the skills and abilities needed out in the war. I certainly don't, as came apparent when I was called up for conscription (one of the last batches before it was abolished, actually). :P

I filled in the papers, handed them in (Not at the very last moment for once to avoid the fine) and never heard from the ministry of duty again. I didn't even had to show up for the physical inspection bit. I guess they went 'Hmm-hmm. Glasses, smoker, poor math grades... No, don't think so..." when they read the forms. We've all got our places in life, and the army isn't mine, apparently. Good thing there are people who can take that place for people like me! ;D

Because regardless what some people say, we need the army. We need order, and that's one of the reasons armies exist these days. And I myself is very thankful for it. Good luck with the rest of the training!

Thank you everyone, its been a hell of ride from start to finish. Just all in all I accomplished everything I said Id do there, I shot Expert on the rifle range, scored high PFT and CFT, and came out with a meritorious promotion to PFC. But through all the pain that boot camp put in my body I survived and came back better than ever.

Gonna spend my 10 days leave with my family and doing some gaming here and there. Probably on Starcraft 2 since I was recently informed that it was released while I was gone.