Explosive Propane Tanks

GrimReapers1

The idea of this request is to make the propane tanks on the camping / semi trailers have an x% chance of exploding when they take too much damage.

Loose propane tanks with the same parameters randomly scattered about the wasteland would be a most welcome bonus.

find the formID for them and I'll add the destructible object stages to them. Maybe flaming at stage 1 and explosion at stage 2?

Yeah, but you can't add Destruction stages to STATICS. You'll need to make them Mov. Statics and replace all of them.

The problem then is that no matter where you shoot the camping trailer, the propane tanks will explode.

Yeah, but you can't add Destruction stages to STATICS. You'll need to make them Mov. Statics

Yep, I'v made quite a few, I'm familiar with the process. I'd just edit/use a new model with the explosivebarrel form, it's no problem copying then replacing the col mesh from the barrel into the propane tank nif.

and replace all of them.

Actually I'd just use fnvedit to search and replace (make sure to unselect current world, current cell, & selection only) in one fell swoop.

The problem then is that no matter where you shoot the camping trailer, the propane tanks will explode.

Didn't notice that (attached to trailers etc) in the OPs first post. While I'v never tried to create a model that has only part of it's mesh a destructible (so the following is theoretical), perhaps it's possible to import two meshes. One on the trailer and cut off the col mesh around the tank, and a 2nd one from the explosive barrel and fit it to the tank....a possible direction/strategy to explore.

It would be handy to make a separate mesh for propane and camper, then make a Static Collection out of it, replace all default campers, then use Ctrl+G to disassemble them. And you can now do Mov. Static for propane tank and make it go boom.

I could really use a propane tanks mod-resource for my escaped prisoner ambush at Lerner Airfield (Con Air 1997)

I could really use a propane tanks mod-resource for my escaped prisoner ambush at Lerner Airfield (Con Air 1997)

Just the model or also explosion, damage stages, etc...

With just the model I could simply hide WeapNVMinePowderCharge benith them, no? Which works as it's 'escaped convicts who're the opposition at that point. But if some clever person could rig the whole thing as a new device/weapon/whatever I'd certainly use it.

If you were considering making this and wanted to go all out you might want to look at gas-air bomb or thermobaric weapons which (in the real world) produce fireballs very like Fallout's nuclear explosion, sans radiation. -- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermobaric_weapon

I'll be happy with anything, anyone can do :laugh: