Hey guys! Check out please

syprus32567

You have your order just right except one thing. Here, this should be the order:

Oblivion

OBMM

Wreye Bash (If you want to use, I do recommend that you do)

Unnoficial Patch

Mods

Then Boss.

The reason you want to install OBMM and then the patch is because the patch comes in .omod ready format and is much easier to install. And I recommend that you also use Wreye Bash because it will really help out in the long run with your mods my friend.

And the main difference between the official patch and the unofficial patch is that the unofficial mainly just fixes up a lot more things than the official does. Like there are still some quest errors and stuff that were not fixed in the official and so that is where the unofficial comes in. And I have also heared that installing the unofficial patch can actually increase your fps because the patch apparently takes away a lot of unnecessary things that the official patch leaves.

Well I hope this has helped you out my friend and if you have any additional questions then feel free to ask :)

-Elsarian

So. I need to get the unofficial patch? Its better then the official one? ^^

So,

Oblivion

unofficla patch

Mod Manager

then the mods..

then perhaps BOSS

If you do not have the Game of the Year (GOTY) edition of Oblivion then you need the official patch first because without it the unofficial patch will break your game.

Now if you have the Shivering Isles Official mod then you want to install that before you install the official patch - and you want to be sure to get the official patch for oblivion with shivering isles instead of plain oblivion... (With the GOTY edition, installing the Shivering Isles disk automatically installs the appropriate patch.)

Now with the official content out of the way, you can start installing the unofficial patch mods, tools such as OBMM and/or Wrye Bash, BOSS, and any other mods that you want to install.

So. I need to get the unofficial patch? Its better then the official one? ^^

So,

Oblivion

unofficla patch

Mod Manager

then the mods..

then perhaps BOSS

If you do not have the Game of the Year (GOTY) edition of Oblivion then you need the official patch first because without it the unofficial patch will break your game.

Now if you have the Shivering Isles Official mod then you want to install that before you install the official patch - and you want to be sure to get the official patch for oblivion with shivering isles instead of plain oblivion... (With the GOTY edition, installing the Shivering Isles disk automatically installs the appropriate patch.)

Now with the official content out of the way, you can start installing the unofficial patch mods, tools such as OBMM and/or Wrye Bash, BOSS, and any other mods that you want to install.

WHAT?! the unoffical patch breaks the game?:S I installed the the unoffical patch and have been playing with it for a while now? My game hsnt pooped out on me at all? Or is this a later gamebreaker?? The first attempt i did is install the offical patch first.. and then the non-official.. and that did break my game? So i'm confused xD

And no i dont have the GOTY edition. Ive got a retail version i bought several years ago ^^

Everything seems to be working atm. Only a few mods dont seem to work. Deadly Reflex for example doesent seem to work at all. And also having trouble getting CM-Partners to work. Perhaps this is to do with not having the official patch first? :s

So installation is like this?

Oblivion

official patch

unofficial patch

mods

tools

?

I would think that the official and unofficial would clash? but then again. I am the noob ^^

Yes they do clash. But it's a good kind of clash :P . More of like an out with the old, in with the new type thing. The order doesn't really matter except for the two patches. Official, then unofficial. I install everything with OBMM, run BOSS, then build my bashed patch with Wrye Bash.

The unofficial patch is not a true patch - it is a mod and can be removed unlike the official patch which actually makes changes in the Oblivion.exe and Oblivion. esm and cannot be removed once it is installed - unless you reinstall the game completely.

I highly recommend using both the official patch - many mods will not work if the game is not patched to the latest version (if your game is v1.2.0416 it is already patched)

The unofficial patches fix many small problems and anomalies in the game, such as floating rocks and trees, NPCs that are needed and get lost or killed, and some small bugs that are more of an aggravation than a game killer - such as a custom race character not being able to get out of the prison at the beginning of the game.

The unofficial patch is not a true patch - it is a mod and can be removed unlike the official patch which actually makes changes in the Oblivion.exe and Oblivion. esm and cannot be removed once it is installed - unless you reinstall the game completely.

I highly recommend using both the official patch - many mods will not work if the game is not patched to the latest version (if your game is v1.2.0416 it is already patched)

The unofficial patches fix many small problems and anomalies in the game, such as floating rocks and trees, NPCs that are needed and get lost or killed, and some small bugs that are more of an aggravation than a game killer - such as a custom race character not being able to get out of the prison at the beginning of the game.

Alright great.. So will i have to start from scratch? As i installed only the unoffical one? U mentioned the unofficial one is like a mod.. and can be removed? So i could basically remove it.. install the proper patch.and then get the unofficial back?

How would i go about removing the unofficial one? As i dont believe i saw it anywhere in load order?

Well if it is not in your load order, then you must not have it installed. Did you install it as a .omod? Because that is how I have mine installed.

But to be honest, I have played Oblivion for Four years now and this is my first month using the unofficial patch. I never used it at all. So it is not really necessary. Although it is handy to have.

And most mods only require you to have the patch that comes with Shivering Isles. So what you should do is either find a friend that has the GOTY Edition of the Game, or go buy it at your local Walmart or Gamestop because the Shivering Isles Patch is a must have in my opinion.

-Elsarian

Alright coolio. Well i got the entire patch thing working. And now CM partners and stuff works. My next question is

Do i need OBSE?

I noticed it doesent support a bunch of versions. Does it support Oblivion V 1.2.0416UK+Unofficial patch v3_2_0?

Also.. What IS OBSE? I couldent really find a concreate answer xD

There is no need to remove the unofficial patch, or anything else that is already working to install the official patch.

Do you need OBSE? Only if you want to play those mods that require it - they won't work unless it is there and could cause a crash if loaded without it. There is no Oblivion V, yet. I think what you mean is Elder Scrolls IV which is the official name for Oblivion. And yes it should support the UK version as v1.2.0416 is the latest version, If that is what you have then you do not need to install the official patch as the patch is to bring older versions up to that version. The only difference I have seen between UK & US versions is the diference in spelling some words.

OBSE is Oblivion Script extender. it allows mod makers to be able to do things that the game makers did not think could be done with the game. It adds to the script capability of the game engine to do this. For a user there are no settings, just install and go. OBSE is NOT a mod and does not install like a mod, so be sure to read the instructions first.

Available here: http://obse.silverlock.org/

Ok OBSE is Oblivion Script Extender. I am not an expert but I believe that it allows Oblivion to use more complex scrpits. But anyways, just go to google and type in something like "OBSE for download" and it should bring it up.