ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Glow maps not working in the CS

Slartibart

Ok, now I'm desperate. Glow maps are not showing at all in the CS. Things that are supposed to glow look HIDEOUS, welkynd stones look like plastic, and everything that uses glow maps just looks wrong! Now I'm not a very experienced modder and I've released nothing but most problems I've been able to figure out. Well, not this one. The weird thing is they work in-game so it's not game breaking problem, they just don't work in the render window. I just installed Win 7 so maybe it has something to do with that. Hopefully someone out there can help me, I'm stumped.

Welkynd stones don't glow in my CS render window, either (Vista), neither do Ayleid crystals and such. Whether they are supposed to in the CS, I couldn't say.

The glow maps never are displayed in the CS. You should rebuild your ini file. That did nothing at all. The CS render window has never showed the glow maps for me, yet they look fine in game. As far as I understand, this is normal. I am running win xp, but that shouldn't make a difference for this particular situation.

Basically, don't worry. Just make the mod like you normally would. It can be a pain to check everything by running the game, but I do that all the time anyways.

Thanks for all the help. I haven't checked this topic in days since school started so sorry for the slow response. The weird thing is the glow did use to show. I'm using a new computer as well, the old one actually was made when Oblivion was released so I bet it's the graphics card. Once again thanks.

P.S Hickory your avatar is hilarious

"theuseless" is right.

The only working maps that you can check through cs are the base textures and the normal map. But you need to activate and load a cell for the normal maps and then turn the bright light off and turn on the sky. So you will see the depth of your normal map applied correctly.