Staff appreciation.

Keanumoreira

Thanks. I'll try to keep your trust. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Although, it would be funny if the entire staff changed their avatars to well-known tyrants for a day or so. hehehe. hmmm....who would I pick?

Evil Avatar 1 (favorite)

Evil Avatar 2

Evil Avatar 3

Evil Avatar 4

Evil Avatar 5

Evil Avatar 6

Evil Avatar 7

Evil Avatar 8

Evil Avatar 9

Evil Avatar 10

Evil Avatar 11

Evil Avatar 12 (least favorite)

Number one is funny go for it. :laugh: I think Stewie should go to Vagrant0 since most people seem to fear him (I don't know why really, LOL. It is his avatar! :laugh: ). That last one was just mean and you know it H! :mad: ;D :teehee:

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That last one was just mean and you know it H! :mad: ;D :teehee:

You know its true.

Anyways, on topic, the staff are great people, but I still don't get why people are scared of Vagrant... Also, isnt that the one captain from bleach?

It's his avatar...

Everytime I look at it I think of V as a stern man, but I bet that isn't the truth....

It's at this point I'd be strongly tempted to change my avatar picture to that of some famous tyrant...

Feel free to pick the one I made for you not long ago. ;D

I just want to also say thankyou to the moderaters here, you've always been most helpful and kind each and everytime I have needed help. Your kindness and consideration have not gone unnoticed and I really appreciate the time and energy you guys spend here keeping this place safe and secure for us to post at will.

You guys deserve a medal for being patient kind and considerate :)

I have been a member here for nearly a year now, and this is the first internet site that I ever joined, and hopefully this will be the last site I leave.

September of 2009 saw me as a nOOb in the world of mods, even though I played Oblivion since it's release ( X-Box ).

I have made mistakes, and these have been kindly overlooked by the staff here ( or missed ).

I have nothing but admiration for the way things are run here....I have seen mistakes made by others, and thought perhaps a little more leniency could have been applied in certain cases, but that's just my opinion, and I cannot imagine just how tough it must be to make the decisions you mods and admin must sometimes have to make.

"You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but you can not please all of the people all of the time."

Yes I know that's a corruption of Abe's real speach, but I think it fits.

The staff here are maintaining a site the likes of which I have yet to encounter elsewhere.

Please continue your excellent work ( and AlienSlof....I love your ban quotes :) ).

EDIT by LHammonds: Yes, we have had our eye on you for quite zome time ** heavy German/Englez accent **

lol! @ LHammonds list of evil avatars! Stewie should definitely be in there somewhere, plus the fire haired baby, just rofl! :tongue: We need to do a poll thread in off topic to pair the moderator with an image, to see who'd get what. That would be a hoot!

But seriously... :mellow: This is the FIRST and ONLY site I have ever paid money to be a part of! I can't even mod yet, but I've enjoyed all the mods I've had the opportunity to download because of the site and the way it's run.

Sometimes, there's a fine line between doing what's right for all who visit here, vs. abuse of power, or doing things that cater to a selected few. I have rarely seen any of the latter, if ever. They are fair, basically treat everyone the same, even old heads who decide to push the limits. The reality is, like parenting, this is NOT a democracy! Somebody has to step up and do the jobs (like effective moderating) that are unpleasant, difficult and/or may evoke angry responses from the masses. Once you remember this is a VOLUNTEER job, then I think it's not as easy to judge, or it shouldn't be anyway IMHO.

Give some folks a micromillimeter and they'll take 100 miles! So I am glad to see the type of moderating I see here. It really is a pleasant place where I've made great friends of all ages, from all over the world. I'm not afraid, because I know the TOS and the rules. If I have a question about something I want to do, I ask, and someone gets back to me pretty quickly. That in and of itself is a feat when you have over a million members to keep track of. And if you add in the senses of humor they have, even when dealing with ugly situations, well that's just icing on the cake.

So thanks guys for all you do! And kudos to you Keanu for starting the thread. Everybody likes to hear they're doing a good job from time to time. It makes it all worth it, I hope it does anyway. :thumbsup:

lol! @ LHammonds list of evil avatars! Stewie should definitely be in there somewhere, plus the fire haired baby, just rofl! :tongue: We need to do a poll thread in off topic to pair the moderator with an image, to see who'd get what. That would be a hoot!

But seriously... :mellow: This is the FIRST and ONLY site I have ever paid money to be a part of! I can't even mod yet, but I've enjoyed all the mods I've had the opportunity to download because of the site and the way it's run.

Sometimes, there's a fine line between doing what's right for all who visit here, vs. abuse of power, or doing things that cater to a selected few. I have rarely seen any of the latter, if ever. They are fair, basically treat everyone the same, even old heads who decide to push the limits. The reality is, like parenting, this is NOT a democracy! Somebody has to step up and do the jobs (like effective moderating) that are unpleasant, difficult and/or may evoke angry responses from the masses. Once you remember this is a VOLUNTEER job, then I think it's not as easy to judge, or it shouldn't be anyway IMHO.

Give some folks a micromillimeter and they'll take 100 miles! So I am glad to see the type of moderating I see here. It really is a pleasant place where I've made great friends of all ages, from all over the world. I'm not afraid, because I know the TOS and the rules. If I have a question about something I want to do, I ask, and someone gets back to me pretty quickly. That in and of itself is a feat when you have over a million members to keep track of. And if you add in the senses of humor they have, even when dealing with ugly situations, well that's just icing on the cake.

So thanks guys for all you do! And kudos to you Keanu for starting the thread. Everybody likes to hear they're doing a good job from time to time. It makes it all worth it, I hope it does anyway. :thumbsup:

It was a moral deed wasn't it?