Horses from Oblivion in Fallout 3

speedsyco

So anyone who played Oblivion knows the horses are a great boost on transportation speed. Is there any possible way to transfer/convert the horses from Oblivion to Fallout 3? Maybe use TheTalkieToaster's Oblivion Compatable skeleton and/or KOBJ's Oblivion Model Converter for Fallout 3? If anyone has an idea how or is willing to make this mod that would be totally awesome. It would be great if it was like smooth and had the animations like Oblivion's horses. I haven't done much modding other than balancing a few values for weapons in Fallout 3. But I wouldnt mind learning how to possibly do this. Or helping someone more skilled. I'm betting people would use it.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13881

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11380

horses were hardcoded into the game for oblivion, and removed in fallout 3. you could probably import the animal itself into fallout, but being able to ride it would require a rediculous amount of effort. I heard theres rumors for vehicles in new vegas, so it might just be worth waiting til that comes out instead...

Well, there is a rideable motorcycle. The concept of riding something is proven, so it's probably possible to do a horse. Animation would be the biggest hurdle I think.

the rumor for cars in new vegas is something like in half life 2 episode 1 where you get to drive a vehicle i wish fallout 3 had the capability to drive so that we all could crush muties with our monster tires and also the use of these abandoned garages would come then we could modify are cars ans monster trucks there like give it sexy rims and awesome paint jobs and cool turrents and maybe a wasteland map mounted on the car radar and maybe some nuka places and a storage place maybe a small tent behind it and some new weapons and maybe tires the size of the megaton bomb oooooooooooooooooh YEAH that would be some mod only takes som much effort it should get 2000 endorses and stay in the file of the month for about a year now Thats not a mod its a GOD MOD!

Thank you all for your quick and well informed responses. If I can find the time I'll be looking into modding tutorials for such a thing. Thanks again.

speedsyco

SaidenStorm made some experimental tests with mount and "ridable" things, can not remember if it was a thread on his results here or on Bethesda forum... Still the conclusion was (again what I remember from the thread) that this kind of stuff needed a lot of work and the result currently still would be a bit clunky with the tools and functions available. But It was doable.

For sure it would be nice if this (like horses, cars and bikes) was reinstated in New Vegas, but hum, should we not already have seen some promotional screens for that? since this would be classified as a REMARKABLE feature in the new game?

Very well, currently I got a feeling that many just slowed down a bit and awaits New Vegas to see if they should stay with FO3 or jump and take advantage of what the new title gives regarding modding. Time will tell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hold your horses (pun intended)

In the fallout universe horses are extinct aren't they?

I mean, I am not the lore police, and I like real animals more than robots, put in a giddyup buttercup, like on the slides and I think billboards. Of course, I would still get the normal horse (I used to have one) but I think a robot horse would be a cool option, maybe make the horse the product of a genetic experiment, just to make it more lore friendly

Watch me be wrong about horses being extinct.