adoring fan

barry1234

I wrapped my fist around his throat and tugged with all my 488 strength, using a custom animation to literaly rip his head and spine free of his body. I then threw the spine in the trash where it belonged.

I hate all annoying NPCs who love to get in your way during combat so you accidentally kill them and get a bounty, fail a quest or receive a disposition hit with other NPCs (which can result in them turning hostile on you). Like someone said, ditto Farwil, ugh I had to reload so many times because I accidentally killed that dopey bum.

Personally I killed the adoring fan by judo flipping him off a rooftop in the imperial city... and I watched him splat on the cobblestones below. :happy:

Don't even get me started on Farwil. If they'd let you tell him to wait somewhere, it'd be a lot easier. But no, Bethesda just had to code him so he'd jump in when he's not supposed to!

And then there's the annoying fan. I haven't killed him...yet. Think I'll try doing that at some point to get into the Dark Brotherhood.

Mine stays at the very tip of Dive Rock for me to do whatever I want to him... The deaths that incurred on that rock... good times. But, now, those stupid goody goody Aedra make everyone say "I used to think you where a hero" and all that crap when ever I murder anyone and I then have to run around the wilderness looking for those Godamn Wayshrines. Screw KotN and screw the Prophet!!!! So anyway, yeah, he respawns(at the arena).

The Adoring Fan, like virtually all "companions" is a total pain in the behind. I don't do companion mods, after experimenting with a few of them, and when I have a companion forced upon me by the game I generally just let him do all the fighting until he gets knocked out and then I wade in and clean up. I play mostly stealth-based characters and NPCs (the Orc Adventurer is especially bad about this) just won't let you be stealthy. So, let them have their fun.

As for the Adoring Fan, I've never had the pleasure of meeting him, since I've never completed the Arena quest line, but I think my first trip with him will be to a plane of Oblivion, where I'll push him into a pool of lava. That might not actually work, though, since I don't believe he's "essential", so I may just make a mini-mod to set him to essential. Then he'll fall unconscious in the lava, wake up, and fall unconscious in the lava, wake up ... and so on ad infinitum and I'll never have to deal with him, again, after that. The advantage of this method of getting rid of him is that by pushing him into the lava you aren't committing "assault", so you don't get in trouble with the authorities or incur a bounty.

Or, maybe, just make a minimod that completely removes his AI and scripting. Then he'll just stand dumbly (isn't that the truth?) where he first spawns like a statue and you'll NEVER have to deal with him. Now that would be a fitting end to him. Alternatively, I bet it's possible to just edit him out of the game altogether. Have you gotten the idea, yet, that I really hate troublesome companions?

Well, I made a pile of them oncek, AED40 is his REFID, so "placeatme AED40 99" spawns an army of them at you. Now, that's really good fun to try in the daedric realm, or while on top of a really tall, really narrow pointer, like Dive Rock. Ad they'll fall away like confetti.

He does have one use though. He sets off traps, so I send him on ahead like a canary in a mineshaft, and he is the one the traps eat, stab, slash, hack, and murder.