Sexism in Thedas

Lehcar

Now this would be a great mod to address the discrepancy in size and give a much better feel to gameplay:

When physical skills are used causing a knock down the ratio in model size should factor in on how far the knocked model should move. Sten knocking an elven female for example should send her away about 4 times as long as when the opposite happens. An ogre fighting Sten should kock him a fair bit and completely send Leliana through the wall. This would add to depth to the strategy needed in game as well as enhance both realisticity and feeling.

Is there any such mod?

Haven't looked everywhere, so can't say categorically that there is not, but would imagine that it would be difficult (if not impossible) to implement anything even close without modifying the game's internals (not just a "Toolset" setting.)

It is clear from the CC informational slides that the designers DELIBERATELY made males and females to be functional equivalents in all of the aspects about which you are inquiring. Beyond appearance, the ways in which the two genders differ are only in how others perceive or (re)act toward one or the other, not in any inherent capabilities of either.

Again, since that was a design choice embedded within the game, a mod, beyond a script to apply "extra points" to certain attributes and skills, would seem out of reach. And, as noted, the individual player is indeed able to tailor the game in that way if desired.

Haven't looked everywhere, so can't say categorically that there is not, but would imagine that it would be difficult

Beyond appearance, the ways in which the two genders differ are only in how others perceive or (re)act toward one or the other, not in any inherent capabilities of either.

Again, since that was a design choice embedded within the game, a mod, beyond a script to apply "extra points" to certain attributes and skills, would seem out of reach. And, as noted, the individual player is indeed able to tailor the game in that way if desired.

Seems a bit like brainwashing that there are no real functional gender differences in the game and yet the people in the game have different perceptions of men and women. Putting realistic differences in there by default would lessen the crazy in it. I'm no modder but it might be a good/tough challenge for someone with skills.

Seems a bit like brainwashing that there are no real functional gender differences in the game and yet the people in the game have different perceptions of men and women. Putting realistic differences in there by default would lessen the crazy in it. I'm no modder but it might be a good/tough challenge for someone with skills.

Well, "brainwashing" or not, the design choice regarding PCs wasn't for realism. It was to allow players to use whichever gender they prefered without needing to consider the impact that selection would have on their players' inherent capabilities in-game.

For example, while I play as either gender on occasion, I usually create a female PC. I do this because I prefer the appearance, yes. But I especially prefer the voice! It would be a significant frustration for me if there were additional penalties (even if paired with additional bonuses) invariably associated with that selection. There are already limitations imposed on race and class. This is a Fantasy world, after all!

And again, easily 80% of the OP's gender-specific divergence in abilities can be accomplished using the mod identified (link for which provided.) True, it only makes it possible to enhance certain charcteristics. Not sure if anyone has ever written a mod to decrease those settings, but I'm sure it's possible. And there are ones ("Char Respec") that allow the complete redistribuiton of them. So even retaining the same overall capability as the initial allocation is possible while more accurately expressing the RL (in humans, at least! :laugh: ) sexual dimorphism.