Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

The avariel was somewhat disappointed. None of her fellow strangers seemed to share her belief in a purpose for their being here together, nor did they seem interested in the crisis this realm was apparently facing. She considered for a few moments striking off on her own. She had come here to learn about the king, preferably to meet him so she could decide whether to work for or against him.

She held her wings tightly to herself as a hot wind blew over her. This was a land of fire and ash, a dangerous place for an avariel. She would need a weapon, something other than the small obsidian dagger strapped to her thigh, hidden under her dress. And she would need allies. The closest to that she had were the other off-worlders, and the captain. She decided then to follow the werewolf and the swordsman, but they'd already left the ship. It wouldn't be difficult to find them, especially for one with her keen eyes, but there was also Sifo. Sifo, whose elemental powers would likely be of great help in protecting her from the fire. She made her way over to him.

"Excuse me," she said, "if you are going somewhere, might I accompany you? If not, perhaps you could come with me, I plan to seek an audience with the king of this island."

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sifo's reaction wasn't quite what she had anticipated, though in hindsight, she it should've been. He did seem the loner type.

She shrugged at his question, "they left without asking me along."

She nodded as he told her his plan. He was off to see a time wizard, apparently. That could be interesting, and useful in a realm such as this.

"You seek a chronomancer? That sounds useful. I will go with you," she said, following behind Sifo. She kept her wings wrapped around herself protectively, heading off the boat.

Nynlata nodded at Leonardo's request, "That i can, and my.... talent isn't as rare as you would think, but i digress, an inn would be simple to find. Now fnding one with people who are willing to give us the information we seek is a different matter. The people here seem well..... not uncaring but more disinterested than most." since they had started walking round the city she had been cyphering smells from the air, attempting to make a virtual map for herself, a map of scents and people.

After a few moments of padding off into the street her ears locked forward and her head jerked in a northerly direction, "That seems to be a good direction." she wrinkled her nose slightly ,"Smells like sweat, boose, blood and cheap food. Definately a likely candidate. Follow me." After weaving through the streats for what seemed about a half hour they finally reached an old musty looking tavern, "After you" she said polightly yet with a slight tone of sarcasim in her voice ans she guestured her giant paws to the door and bowed her head slightly.

Leonardo looked at her weirdly before opening the door and stepping inside. To his right he saw a collection of people playing some sort of game and drinking, to his left people were eating; no one looked up from their meal or game as they entered. A staircase led up to what were probably the rooms and a balding man sat reading a pamphlet at the counter. A barmaid appeared "what'll it be?" she asked hurriedly, "uh...what exactly do you have?" Leonardo asked back. An annoyed look crossed her face and she smiled thinly as she started reciting a list of drinks...

Kifgat scowled, it seemed like the dragon was ignoring him maybe, sure was taking forever to respond... Did it fall asleep? Gaaah, time to bust out that patience from sniper training, he never was good at that. He did better in female form actually, more comfortable for long sittings, exoskeletons tend to be a little bumpy.

<<ooc: sorry, just felt like I had to say something bout the GM being gone... I couldn't resist, and I really wanna continue, kind of deadlocked here. Hope he gets back soon>>

Kifgat scowled, it seemed like the dragon was ignoring him maybe, sure was taking forever to respond... Did it fall asleep? Gaaah, time to bust out that patience from sniper training, he never was good at that. He did better in female form actually, more comfortable for long sittings, exoskeletons tend to be a little bumpy.

<<ooc: sorry, just felt like I had to say something bout the GM being gone... I couldn't resist, and I really wanna continue, kind of deadlocked here. Hope he gets back soon>>

OOC: Quite prophetic. This week has been exuberently busy for me otherwise I would have posted more and my internet connection was a bit of a pain in my backside durng the week but it's all good.

Shroud-Sky rumbled, "Yes, it happens all the time however t is extremely rare that someone or something should come from more than one realm at a time at these junctions. Even if there's a hundred realms linked at a certain point for hours it's quite rare as the worlds involved in multiple junctions are usually joned in more remote areas. It seems that two others phased in at roughly the same time as you, they lie on this island aswell about 3 kilometers due Northwest assuming they haven't moved on to find other sentient groups I pointed out but they seemed decidedly inactive." He said with a slight hint of dryness and agitation, the dragon disliked inaction, it was boring and it could often lead to getting killed in this inhospitable realm. "Theres some Drakkar, dragon-like humanoids, 13 kilometers to the North-North West hunting mercurial deer, they've moved quite a bit so I wouldn't bother by the time you get to where they are now they'd have finished the hunt and flown off somewhere, there's also a group of nomads not to far to the West a few kilometers off." He said.

The bar-maid returned with Leonardo's drink, a man laughed and jeered at several others that he had just bested in a game of cards, his winnings were quite substantial, a large stack of shiny coins. The only person to really pay any heed to the newcomers was a grizzled old sailor that on first glance might appear to have drank large quantities of ale but upon closer inspection it was a kind of fruit cider completely lacking in alcohol. He had the look of a seasoned man, several scars marred his once handsome face, his whispy grey-blue eyes still shone brightly with intelligence and they scanned the room methodically whle his head remained stationary. He had seen many a battle and new the ways of the lands...

Leonardo gulped his drink and gave it back to the barmaid, he gestured for her to move away and approached the counter. The balding man looked up from his papers and stared at Leonardo inquisitively. "I'm looking for a guide to this land. In specific a place called the great maw, was it? I think that's what its called...me and my companion have to be over there as quickly as possible. I was wondering if you could suggest a guide or something?"

"Well then, if they are inactive I would rather avoid them, I do not like sitting on my behind much. I will guess you pointed them at the two groups you have mentioned to me? If they are wise they will head to the nomads, less risk of getting lost. I believe I will head there myself, and then keep an eye out. I believe it may be best for me to get together with other new comers, they may need my strength and experience, I may need whatever qualities they have." Kifgat bowed in a formal fashion, " I thank you, mighty dragon, for answering my questions. Now if you will excuse me, I will be on my way."

Without awaiting a response, the whole "excuse me" thing was a simple formality, and the dragon probably did not care, he crossed the clearing in two jumps and disappeared into the treeline, heading west.