Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Leonardo stretched, "good answer" he said laughing. "Such a line of work might be profitable, if someone shows an interest and the jobs not burning down orphanages or something I'll assist, that is, if you'd want my help of course"

He watched in amusement as heads turned in surprise and leant up against the wall beside Nynlata.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kifgat felt the hold release, oh crap, he spent all the money. "No sir I do not have any left," he tried to be polite, sincerely hoping not to tick the guy off again. "But you can have what I bought if you like, and if there is anything you need done well...." Kifgat did not lower his ward, it still may be useful as a bartering chip.

Raskit snarled. He had encountered a chronomancer once. It had been an elf, powerful in his ways. Took down three squads of orsi spearman, a battleshaman, and about fifteen elite swordsman. It had gotten so bad that he and another Hell-Rider (one more talented a sorcerer than he) had gone in to take him out. The wizard took down his ally's mount and left some nasty scars from witch-fire before he finally overextended and was killed. Raskit had no intention of taking on another one, especially not mountless. He liked this one, seemed like a fairly entertaining sort. Despite his madness Raskit could actually be fairly sociable, when he wanted to be.

That reminded him "Do you know of any... volcanoes nearby? I have a special interest in such," He grinned. He could do so much more on demonback than on foot.

"And I think ruffing some people up would be better than walking around like a human at an elf holiday." he laughed at that. He had once seen such a sight, priceless. Especially male humans, elf women cut loose on the summer solstice. Orsi were more strong willed, they could hold back such desires. He made a point to attend in the captive cities. Many he had captured himself. He had three half-elf daughters actually.

(let me say, without adding a post after Neko's, that I am trying to establish a history for Raskit. Somehow I see him as a more defined character than Kifgat. Also, it would be very irresponsible of Zephyr as GM if he allowed him to get to a volcano without any trouble. Just saying for entertainment's sake. He will become massively more powerful and ruthless, and that is why I decided to state in my char sheet that he does not bring his mount into Armageddon. I am sorry about how often I OOC post, I will try to slow up. I think of his mount as a "god-like weapon" just getting it out so it will not be considered God Modding. Fair warning to GM, take his demonic mount VERY seriously. Again, sorry)

Soyokaze picked up on Clink's annoyance and moved away. She glanced at Sifo, "I'll be back shortly."

She didn't particularly want to follow Sifo over to the forge area anyway. Such things were dangerous to her kind, a stray spark or ember could easily set their wings alight and cause a painful death, worse still would be to survive and be left flightless. Unfortunately for her, the whole island, with its numerous volcanoes and oppressive heat was like a forge. She needed a cloak, preferably one resistant to flame.

Making her way back outside, she recalled a clothier's she'd seen before and decided to start there. As soon as she was outside, she spread her wings wide, forcing people to make way, and took flight.

It didn't take her long to reach the shop, a few minutes at most. She went in, chimes mounted on the door jingling to announce her arrival, eliciting a greeting from the shopkeeper, a plump woman who looked about fifty. The woman looked the avariel over and declared, "I know just what you need, young lady."

Soyokaze nodded. "Yes, a cloak to protect my wings.. something that doesn't catch fire easily."

"M'lady you'll find most garments sold on Saros have that quality. Now you just wait a moment there, and I'll bring out something that suits you."

Soyokaze bowed her head graciously. "Thank you madame seamstress."

The woman disappeared behind a door, and Soyokaze waited.

ooc: @MetalDragon, oh believe me I've got fun things planned for the volcano trip <insert maniacal laughter> and also after :devil:

At the great gates of Saros the passersby didn't particularly care to pay attention to Nynlata a few stopped by to watch the spectacle of yet another newcomer try to muscle into the well established mercenary business on Saros, the only truelly successful mercenaries had offices, homes, tavern rooms or other such residences and they didn't stand on street corners bellowing out their intents, they had fliers, papers and portraits with their resumes posted around the city and people came to them not the other way around. Very rarely would a mercenary find business in the great city without one of these aids and most mercenaries learned this quickly and either bought into advertising or left for the smaller settlements where they could raise enough capitol to afford advertising.

The seamestress returned from the back with a hooded cloak that was a brilliant sky blue that seemed to look slightly different in hue when exposed to different angles of light, the slightly iridecent color was a rare sight on Saros where the predominant colors were warm or gray scale. The cloak was relatively thick yet almost completely weightless it seemed to emit a slight bit of magical power.

"This is a Sky-Shroud cloak," The seamestress said showing Soyo the cloak, "The technique is one brought from the Sky-Shroud nomads on Isla Ados where a family of dragons taught them how to weave different native grasses and other foliage and immerse it in the rain pools on a particular mountain to create a special fabric that changes with the area and the wearer." (note the similarity to Shroud-Sky the dragon on Isla Ados, coincidence? I should say not.) "This will protect you from all effects of the weather, fire, wind, rain, sleet, snow, anything you will also note that it will protect you from being overly warm or overly cold, it's insulative properties shift with your environment. But you must be careful, by no means does it protect you from elemental attacks, this is designed to fend against mother nature at her angriest not man at his most violent. It can distinguish between natural and magical elements, it only offers minimal protection against the latter o be on your guard." The seamestress beamed admiring the work of a long hoarded cloak that she had kep for just such an occasion.

The ancient smith looked up from his work at sifo and raised a grayed bushy eyebrow at the new comer. "So ole' Raedic's sent som'one eh? 'Bout time, I keep tellin' him to recommend me. But I s'pose he doen't think I mean for the weap'ns. Yeah, I can fix up yer little pea-shoot'r there and git 'er to work reall well in this 'ere realm but it's useless if'n ye don't know chronomancy. And it's also useless to know all 'this consid'r'n I ain't gonna fix nothin' for ye or teach ye anythin' without there bein' somethin' in it fer me. I might be 462 years old and might have a great big ole' white beard but that don' mean I'm Santa Clause." The grizzeled civil war veteran said.

The blue eyed man cocked an eyebrow at Raskit, "Volcanoes? The island of Saros would be your best bet, good luck getting there though. Been a *censored* to get on or off the docks at the harbor. You can mill about near the fishermans' stalls and such but fat chance o' anybody gettin on the docks much less aboard a ship. Head there if'n yer lookin for passage or some rough housing guards are more lax there, they now how cabin fever and grog get to seamen and they'll let most anything but murder slide." He suggested.

The ancient chronomancer said to Kifgat, "Ye can put down your ward now, lest you want me to stop your heart beating. And I can do that quicker than ye kin think. Keep what ya bought but come with me, you stole some coin from me an' I intend to work the balance out a ye. T'aint much but ye oughta learn how to treat folks in this realm, lest you wanna end up dead reall quick." He said.

Nynlata was dissappointed at the lack of a reaction and turned to Leonardo for a moment, "Well, i guess thats that pln down the drain... I guess ill go to my," she cleared her throat, "First speciality aside burning buildings to the ground and running amoc in city streets. Theiving it is then." she said with a triumphant playfull grin on her muzzle. "Ill sniff you out tonight, see you after i try my hand at this city's goods."

"Alright then. I'm going to see if anyone knows what a man of my talents could do for a quick buck. Failing that, I'll try and find some bandits or something to kill, see if they have anything of value on them"

Leonardo waved a quick goodbye to Nynlata before turning back down the road and walking back to the tavern.

Tink chuckled, "Well let's see here, ye can't fight efficiently in this realm at all and yer comin' to me to learn how to actually be able to fend fer yerself and yet yer refusin' to do about the only kind of job you actually can do? That just ain't smart ta me. If'n ya wan' mah help then ye best get over this arrogan' lil' 'I'm no erran' boy' bus'ness. Theres a new shipment o' Balian Ore down at the docks. I need ye to pick up ten kilos of it for me, bring it back to me and ye'll get yer trainin' an' I'll make that pea-shooter scare the livin' daylights outta anybody what crosses ye." Tink's eyes twinkled mischeviously.

OOC: wouldn't have it any other way. BTW I'm about to stir up a s*** storm.

PLEASE no chronomancers.

By the end of Raskit's role here, you will all be wondering why I am not in the nuthouse yet.

Raskit snarled. He could wait though, especially if he had some fun in the meantime. He then set off toward the docks and found a tavern, dirty and unsavory looking. He walked up to the bar, grabbed a man's booze, guzzled it, and smashed it on the bar. He then grabbed a barmaid, licked her cheek, laughed then ran out the door, barmaid dragged behind him. He kicked her into the middle of the street and cackled maniacally. He ran off, he then started knocking things out of people's hands, laughing as he went. He stopped, and began whispering, his veins glowed, a dark red, and he began to arouse spirits to come and cause trouble, nothing powerful enough to have a physical body, but enough to cause bad luck and make pots fly around, both of which began to happen immediately, oh any magically talented individual could stop what he did, this was nothing more than a sorcerer's party trick. He had done this at one of his daughter's birthday parties actually, unfortunately none of her friends were amused, and apparently never talked to her anymore. It's OK though, he ended up giving her to a friend of his as a wedding present. Nothing says "hope you have a happy marriage" better than a concubine!

He then climbed up a building to watch the show.

Kifgat growled, "If you did you would burn this whole camp to the ground, unless its all fireproof. But fine, dying isn't on my to-do list today"

He whispered another word, since the ward had been rigged independent of his being, and destroyed the tether that linked the spell to his inner powers.

"Now, what do you want me to do? Get this over with, get on with our lives right? I have a good variety of skills and talents, and if you need something heavy moved I am a lot smaller than a forklift and just as strong."

OOC: There's no fun if theres no Chronomancers though :( Just kiddin. This is far from what I said it would take to involve the guards though at the docks though.... But I've got something better in store :devil:

A man resembling a beggar with greasy black hair stopped seeing the maelstrom. Rather erratic isn't he? The man thought to himself he carefully made his way through the crowd of annoyed islanders, some brandishing blades. A few sorcerors rolled their eyes but being rather unsavory themselves did nothing to stop this slight bout of entertainment. The man strategically placed himself directly in Raskit's viewpoint. His back was hunched and his limp was extremely evident. And now we wait. His thick locks obscured his eyes.

"Your rudimentary magic isn't very intimidating here when theres more than a dozen water mages nearby." The merchant said matter-of-factly. "No heavy lifting involved, at least not heavy for you." Themerchant walked off towards his awning, not looking back knowing that Kifgat would follow.