Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nynlata grinned, her eyes still set intently on those infront of her, "Assassins huh? always did kinda have a soft spot for their kind. Not knowing what to expect from the inhabitants of the island, Nynlata decided that a more intimidating figure was best suited for this occasion. As she sat on the railings her whole body began to change yet again, Back into the form that the others had first met her in. The transformation did not come without its tax, she knew now that it would be risky to change back for yet ahwile, or risk succumbing to the constant rage and bloodlust that came with her heritage. Once the change was complete she shook herself as a wet hound would to rid itself of water. "Much better" she said in a low voice, which could easily be mistaken for a growl. A few moments passed before she spun herself round on the railing to face Leonardo, half contemplating what he ment by Neverwinter. After concluding that it was his birthland Nynlata opned her long muzzle to speak, "Well i'm bored...Where you going?" she let loose a rough chuckle, " you never know out here, a hound might be useful no?"

OOC: thanx for waiting guys, really appreciate it. i mean i know i have school and the whole timezone things a b**ch but still.

Leonardo stepped back, the girl had transformed. Her previously human features had contorted and shifted, in her place stood a panting wolf. "A werewolf" though Leonardo "this land is strange indeed.......but she's offering her help and maybe she knows these lands..."

His hand eased off his blade, "you're a werewolf? I have only heard tales of your people but I have never heard of one that can transform on will....you're a strange one indeed"

"These lands are completely foreign to me...do you know your way around?...the captain talked of a creed of darkness and a group of nomads... do you know these people? What I really need is a guide"

"You might want to wait for us to dock at the harbor proper before ye go jumpin' off, 'course if ye want to swim there be my guest. There ain't no bridge from customs to the proper. Once we dock properly you should try the marketing district, he runs an inn now but he still smiths in his free time, look for the inn with the acrid black smoke billowin' from a second chimney." The captain hollared.

"Your not angering me Cynn, comon, you know me better than that I'd hope." Kriak said, "You know as well as I do that if I know something I can't tell you, and there's a lot that is factored into a promotion especially at this stage." Kriak hated the thought of a possible purge, he'd never performed one, Maim-Claw is the only living member of the Creed to have performed one and his descriptions make even the most battle-hardened's blood curdle and insides flip. It was an unsavory task and one he had always hoped to avoid however with the Rangers' attacks it had already become very close to innevitable, maybe they were now functioning off of Chrunus...

Soyokaze watched the black-clad members of the Creed for several moments. Their ill intent carried on the wind, giving the avariel a shiver. She turned away, and made her way over toward the one who had swum to the ship, Nynlata, and Leonardo the newcomer aboard ship. She considered it fate that she and these two and Sifo had been gathered so conveniently, though the latter didn't seem to care. Clasping her hands before her she strode up to the furry one and the swordsman, turning to the latter she bowed her head.

"Forgive me, I haven't yet introduced myself. I am Soyokaze. I was wondering if I might inquire as to your plans once we are moored, I for one intend to learn all I can of the ruler of this land and perhaps seek his audience. I think it is not by chance we are here together, we are here to serve this world in some way. And here we are in Saros, land of a ruler who is said to be just."

<<been busy and reading a lot of ancient literature lately, and finding it hard to get into character even when I do have time to RP..>>

"you're not from here either?" said Leonardo turning to face the new voice. He stopped, standing in front of him was a young elven woman with large white wings extending from her back. He tried to hide his astonishment "so many new races and humanoids on this boat, what is this place?" he thought to himself. He wiped his face and smiled slightly "Hello Soyokaze, I am Leonardo Alderous. You are new to these lands like myself? Did you say Saros? Please excuse my ignorance, this land is eternally strange to me..." Leonardo trailed off, thinking briefly before continuing "You ask about my plans, but....in truth I do not know...I have never heard of this land or its customs...my course of action will be that of most convenience"

Kifgat stopped, he had realized something. The planet he had crashed on was in a binary star system. It sat between two stars slightly smaller than average. However, this planet was far too cool to be in a state of constant sunlight. Also, the planet had only one body of water, slightly smaller than the Earth's Gulf of Mexico. He used earth bodies of water because his planet had only a network of streams and rivers. The problem was that these waters did not have enough salt content, as a lone body of water of that size would contain enough salt you could practically walk on it. This was not the planet he had crashed on. He immediately issued a series of chirps, whistles, and clicks that when translated would make a lifelong sailor drop his jaw. He wasn't going anywhere, and he needed to figure out where he was, and how he had gotten here. He had lost the voices in the silver forest, and he could not tell where he was, this was getting really bad, really quick. He walked a bit, and came out into a clearing, and just sat down, he needed to rest and figure this out...

Shroud-Sky had left the other newcomers on Ados a while ago and was flying towards his ancient cave when he spotted Kifgat below, curious he landed, circling slowly and backedallying his wings to land in the tight clearing. "Greetings." He sang in a slightly bored manner.

"Cynn, a purge is only a possibility not a definite, andI for one pray we don't have to perform one. Maim-Claw is the only living member of the Creed to have performed one, he's trained every Shadow to know how to perform and deal with one but none of us have actually had to carry one out. If that is our mission it's going to be a long, tedious and very bloody one. Make sure you keep your sanity about you though because the second you lose yourself either to the distaste of the mission or the bloodlust is the second when we'd have to put you down. If it's a purge then there can be no survivors especially not unstable members of the Creed who were meant to carry it out. I don't enjoy the thought of clearing off an entire island of its people so I'm keeping my fingers crossed, you al would do wellto cross yours too, if it is a purge Chrunus would be the largest island to be purged and with 5 times the population to contend with than the last three purges combined. Not something I look forward to." Kriak said his facial expression still unmoving.

"Yer right, it's not my problem. I got ye this far I'm not 'ere to 'old yer hand the entire time ye live in this realm of ours talk to Tink at the inn and 'e might be able to point ye in the right direction." The captain hollared slightly annoyed, First he pulls the ungratefull bull poo now he wants more help and advice? Begh let's see him squirm a bit, after all it's what I had to do when I got 'ere. The captain thought.

Kifgat looked up to see the dragon descending. He had not seen a dragon in years, and was very unfamiliar with them. He knew however that they were intelligent, and when the dragon spoke he knew he might have a chance to not get eaten, and maybe get some information

"Greetings to you too, Dragon," Kifgat responded, his time among politicians telling him to be polite, "May I ask what corner of existance this island occupies? I think I was somewhere else fifteen minutes ago..."

He would rather not offend the giant fire-breathing lizard. He had no desire to risk injury when it can be avoided.

"I will go ahead and tell you, I do not taste very good, so unless you have a lot of salt with you, do not try and eat me."