Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Nynlata looked around. a slight cautious look in her eye, her hulking wolf-like form larger than most men. Yet her form would stand out with most other werefolk because of her stature and odd structure as she was thinner. The Redmoon family trait was its leaner,taller form as well as its markings. Nynlata sided up beside Leonardo as he started to talk to the man, before quietly whispering in his one ear, "Careful..... most information comes with a price, and i doubt these people would take the coin we offer, if we even have." theres always the alternative..... she thought to herself [/i]Drag them behind a corner and beat them till they talk.[/i] she grinned at the thought but decided rather not to voice her idea. Suspecting Leonardo not the type.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soyo grimaced when Sifo punched the wall. A hit like that against one of her kind would easily shatter multiple bones. She shook her head.

"It's difficult to find something in a new place. Is there anything special about the inn you're looking for? I could get an aerial view," she offered.

"And, as for seeing the king, I wanted to see if he is just, as the captain said he was. As I said to the others, I believe there is a higher purpose to us being here. I want to know what my options are, who to lend my power to."

Kifgat stood, few hours later, at the entrance to a camp of nomads. He was astounded at the simplicity of the camp. He was used to being surrounded by technology, here it was less common it seemed. He was not sure as he could only see the outskirts of the camp at this time. He walked toward what appeared to be the main entrance, he would only attract hostility slipping between tents. He was not in the mood for a fight. Fights meant lots of blood and a bigger burden on his conscious. Gods knew he didn't need either.

"Hello," Kifgat said to the man, or was it a woman, who stood by the entrance. he could not make out their face, as it was covered in a blanket, who knows why. only the eyes were visible, and not by much. "I wish to seek information and supplies in this camp, may I enter?" He was trying to be civil, it irritated him to sugarcoat his words. He liked to be direct, but he liked not being impaled even more.

The person at the gate raised a hand, never taking it from under the blanket, and motioned him in. As he walked into the camp he saw a few members of various species and races. He was not sure as to what was predominant, he would guess there was a native kind who would turn out to be most common in a bit, but he did not see enough to know what it was. He could hear children laughing, he could see smoke rising. There was a specific style of tent he could not identify that seemed dominant. Mixed among it were oddball types he guessed were from other worlds.

He wondered if he could find somewhere to sleep. It seemed cramped enough here that he may have to do so outside on the ground. He was tired from the day's travel. He began to look around for someone who looked like they could help him.

Soyokaze nodded. "Black smoke from a second chimney.. alright." She glanced around, she'd need some room if she was going to lift off. She spotted an alleyway that looked empty enough. "Excuse me," she said, and ducked quickly toward the alley.

In the alley, she spread her white feathered wings wide, and leapt into the air, summoning an updraft to help carry her aloft. She circled as she climbed higher, keen avariel eyes scanning the buildings below. As she flew higher, she expanded her circling, allowing herself to enjoy the freedom of flight. It wasn't hard to spot a building with black smoke rising, but the detail she was looking for was that second chimney. With her sharp eyes, that too would be an easy find, though it required a more thorough look and thus more time.

When she found it, she swooped back down toward Sifo. Hopefully he'd remained close to where she'd left him, even with her keen eyes it might take her some time to find him in the crowd. She circled, and came to a hover near him. She'd just gotten into the air, she wasn't about to land and be jostled by the crowd again.

"I found the inn, just follow me."

She would lead Sifo to the inn, flying along a couple dozen feet above the crowds, checking back every so often to make sure she hadn't lost him.

The old man raised an eyebrow, they actually came over and were asking him questions, I wouldn't exactly call 'em bright but at least they go balls, y'need a pair ta get by in this realm and often times that's all ya need. he thought to himself. "The Great Maw? Big ole' cave at the Southern end of the island, about 60 miles from 'ere. It's like a giant gapin' mouth on the coast, stalagtites n' mites all over the cave mouth, makes it look like teeth and the sea crashes up n' the foam sprays all over it like spittle er fire from a dragon. That's were they say the Creed o' Darkness is based, be careful if'n ye go in there, it's massive, probly bigger than the entire surface o' the island, don' get lost and don' get killed. As fer a guide, ye kin ferget about it, ain't no one gonna take you on a tourist trip, people wanna get to cities alive not go on pleasure walks to caves filled with assassins. A scout'll take ye to a settlement or town but not to a cave or a mountain. Even Sarosians have a hell of a time navigatin' there, there's beasts out there and fire besides. If'n ye wanna get to a town near there talk to a scout near the main gates, that's where they operate." The former sailor said, eyeing the pair suspiciously.

When Sifo and Soyo walked away from the small spidery crack in the black walls of the building the shadow of the building suddenly seemed to darken around the crack and lighten elsewhere, turning into a swirling tempest of shadow and darkness then quickly as it began it ceased, where the crack once was the stone was perfectly immaculate and clean as if nothing had ever happened.

The Clink n' Tink Tavern was a dark establishment, dim lighting, primarily from the 'fire pillar' chimney in the center with a fire grate opening on each level always on two sides, and the forge on the split level between the ground floor and basement. The coals glowed softly, a few stubby yellow candles surrounded by pools of wax stood on tables, some still flickering others burnt out completely or just pale puddles on the tables. The Bar had the only lantern in the establishment. It was warm, very warm. There were powerful aromas hanging in the air, meat, grilled, baked, and fried, woodsmoke from those fires and the pillar, and the faint scent of coal from the forge. Very little talk passed in the tavern, slight murmurs passed from table to table but it was always in a hushed whisper, nothing was secret but they enjoyed their quiet and the sound of boar-flank sizzling on a grate and the rhythmic peal of hammer on hot steal and the great whoosh of the bellows. The tables were ancient walnut circles long past their prime but servicable, the bar was likewise walnut and old. The patrons were mostly natives, the tall Sarosians who not only tolerated the 100 degree temperatures but loved them a few others from different planets and islands in Armageddon were there but they were all distinctly natives to the city, in their starkly contrasting dress of dark and light colors on opposite sides of the spectrum, they were dnged but the contrast was still evident, quite indicative of the city and it's style. The bartender was a Sarosian just like most of his customers, but unlike almost all of the city dwellers he was a Magia, one of the ntural born sorcerors of Armgeddon, his eyes resembled that of the undead illustrating the horrible double-edged sword of their genetic power, they commanded great power with the arcane but also sacificed much of their physical abilities and even to an extent, their humanity. He cleaned a dusty obsidian tankerd and slightly glanced up at the newcomers to the bar. The man at the forge was hammering away at a sword made of Lixus, a material that is very similar to Titanium, extremely lightweight and insurpassably durable it had a strangeness to it, it's reflections were dark yet the rest of the alloy seemed silverish in color, in darkness it seemed bright and glimmering but the inverse in light. An ever contradictory metal and it was revered for it's difficulty to work with and it's ability to hold a razor sharp edge...

The nomad camp was abuzz with activity merchants everywhere, the nomads of Ados are a hodgepodge of different ethnicities, races and backgrounds, a few wore long heavy cloaks covering their faces and bodies, they are part of the lower cast of nomads who ancestrally have lived on Ados, the higher cast bear nothing but their bodies and paint as a symbol of their connectivity with nature and their bravery in the face of danger, not bearing any armor, but most dress in 'normal' clothing as in other areas these are immigrants to the isle or those from other realms few plan on staying on Ados or are not permanently affiliated with the nomads. The most massive of the tents stood was circular approximately 35 feet tall and had a diameter of 50 feet, here the higher cast nomads dwelled discussing where they should head next. In the West season they followed the larger heards of mercurial deer but in the dry and frost seasons they try to go where food is most plentiful and shelter is greatest. Here the leaders were debating, discoursing, and ever changing their minds up until the eleventh hour when they had to move and it is decided.

Leonardo thanked the man for the information. He ushered Nynlata out the door and turned to face her, "The way I see it, if we're going to the Great Maw we can do two things. We can either walk off and try to find the cave ourselves, using your abilities to find settlements. Alternatively we find a guide to get use there, but that would cost gold and I have nothing of value to bargain with..." he sighed, fiddling with his sword as he said "or we could give up on this idea, I don't quite feel comfortable putting you in all this danger just for me...it's incredibly selfish dragging you along like this."

Kifgat walked through a gap in the tents to find he had been on a quite section of the camp. Before him was a swirling mass of trade, pottery, clothes, weapons, everything that was essential for a nomadic lifestyle, or any lifestyle for that matter. He needed money, he had none after all. He would rather earn it legally, but he had spent enough time in black ops to know legally was not the quickest way in a pinch. He spotted a thin, bony merchant leaving his stall and walking as though he had been holding back nature for several hours, he followed the man behind a tent and punched the man in the back of the head. He was capable of hitting harder than a heavyweight boxer, much harder, and his fist had a nice, hard exoskeleton to make things better. He dropped the guy unconscious on the floor. He had probably fractured the guy's skull. A small trickle of blood was leaking from the man's mouth, maybe he put too much force into that one. He rummaged through his pockets and found fifteen coins, the merchant probably had more in his stall, but Kifgat doubted he could pass off as this guy, and the man's friends would spot a strange creature rummaging through his stall. The guy would wake up in about an hour, maybe two, maybe never actually, or would be found and hopefully given medical treatment. Not his problem, he needed money. he walked back out and found a merchant selling cloaks, he bought one, a cheap cloth hing with a hood. He donned it to hide his features, it cost half the money had stolen though, and he was hungry, he found another merchant selling various fruits and bought a peach, taking a bite out of it he asked the merchant woman "Do you know anywhere I could find out about maybe passage to another island? One with more inhabitants?"

OOC Metal try to not take such control over NPCs and the environment its no problem right now but please refrain in the future. Thanks.

The Anarzian man spit his crimson saliva swirled orange and yellow like lava. His eyes gleamed with ferocity. He pushed himself up right when Kifgat turned his back. He followed him silently and after the strange insectoid purchased the peach he raised his hand cryig out "Halt thief!" as he did so beams of purple energy burat forth from his withered hands and he froze Kifgat in place. "Steal from me will you?!" he barked. The Anarzian was a chronomancer. No archmage but powerful and he was furious. "What do you have to say for yourself!" he demanded Kifgats body might as well have been petrifed save for his mouth. But the chronomancer couldnt hold him forever.

Aww, crap. Kifgat thought frozen in place I mugged the wrong guy He was not sure what he could do in this position, he just couldn't move. If he were able to use magic right now he would just crush the guy's skull with a word. Unfortunately doing as such would currently cause him to spontaneously combust and roast inside his shell. How was the guy concentrating after taking a hit like that? Skull of steel? It really didn't matter, however the guy was doing it he was trapped. Kifgat hated being trapped. And he was unfortunately devoid of a silver tongue. How long could the guy hold him? He started trying to wiggle his fingers, so that he would know if he had been released.

He began making screaming and whistling sounds, loud thumps and throbs. He was trying to confuse the guy. Maybe all the guy could do was hold him, this did not feel like a force field. More like a full stop, he did not think the guy could crush him. Oh crap, what if this was chronomancy? Then the guy could change his age around, actually, what if his age went forward or back and he went into female form? He could use magic then. An interesting thought. He liked his male strength though.

<<ooc: in explanation, I did not think it best to make a two line post of some random act, then waiting for a response to me saying one word. Or artificially stuff it with thoughts. I also expected you to turn the mugging against me. Maybe not like you did though. I purposefully left a trail there. Also, I am going to guess that in regards to my message to you the answer is "no"?>>