Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

The venerable man spat on the ground, "I've seen your kind before and I know you can understand me now speak bandit!" He yelled ferociously. Those who hadn't noticed the commotion before were all eyes and ears once Kifgat began chirping, a few bore heavy clubs, swords and other weaponry and snarls. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't kill you were you stand." the Anarzian demanded. His clerity was quickly returning from the stun that the blow had dealt him, his race was a hardy one and his magical barriers protected him from most mundane harm but the punch had been in the right place at the right time to do some damage. But with his thoughts returning to normal order his control over the magic tightened. The chronomancer quickly noticed that the thief was completely lacking in the magical abilities to fight even his most rudementary time spells and lessened the strain on his mental faculties, he could hold him almost indefinitely now. "Well?" he barked.

<no it's approved I just didn't want to say that until my internet settled down enough for me to copy and paste it to the profiles section, it should be up later tonight so go for it with however you want him to enter into the plot.>

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kifgat stopped chirping, he felt stupid today. "Fine, yes I understand you. I am amazed that you have seen my kind, as we number few these days. I was desperate. So I stole from you. It was wrong to do so and I apologize. I in no way expect you to take that as enough. I apologize for harming you as well, again I can in no way repay the debt" He was about to resort to magic, screw the consequences. He could kill the guy if he tried, and he would die too. The man would have no way of stopping it. He could put enough power in to crush any ward, doing so would kill him even in his female form, but suicide tactics had a way of punching through.

Raskit was mad. He had no idea where he was, this island was not familiar. Somehow his demon had been separated from him completely, distance couldn't do that. And on top of that, it had been two hours since he had killed someone. Now he was standing on a dock, no idea how he got there, and his butt itched.

F****** lovely.

He considered his options. One, he could viciously slaughter everyone here. Two, he could withhold his wrath and find out where he was. Maybe he could do both. He should do both. His butt still itched. Maybe he could find a bar and get a drunk lass to scratch it for him. Seeing how he had no money, he would have to scratch it himself. He did.

"Now, its time to get the lay of the land," he spoke aloud to nobody, the passing sailors barely giving him an amused glance, rare considering he looked like something a kid thinks will crawl from under their bed. Heck, he had even done that once. He turned to look out toward the sea, a few rowboats were tied up beside him. He slashed a rope and walked back toward the land. It was time to find some ale. He still had no money, but he had never let that stop him before.

<<ooc: I get the feeling this guy and Neko's character will get along beautifully :P >>

Nynlata couldnt help but let out a loud laugh <which in her current state sounded more like a rather odd yipping noise> "Give up? Hahaha!!! you make me laugh. Once a Redmoon takes on a hunt theres no going back." She streatched and cracked her paw like hands, her long claws meshing with each other with ease. As she did so a crack of lightning sparked forth and struck the ground at her feet. "Sure weve got no money, But there are other ways to get what you want. And actually.... We do have something of value to bargin with, the lives of who we talk to and the lives of their beloved. I know youre probably resenting my words," she said with a shrug before she playfully tapped him on the shoulder,"But what else did you expect from a thief slash bloodhound who worked for a guild of assassins? Besides, i'm sure youre strong enough to be a very intimidating person, catch my drift?" She chuckled bafore resting her hands on her twin blades. "Say the word and ill get sniffing."

"Alright then, whatever you want to do. However i'm against blackmail or violence as a means of getting what we want, anyway you don't have to be strong to resort to such methods, its usually the weak who employ them after all..." Leonardo's eyebrows relax and he smiles slightly "However, we still have to head for the city gates, we can still talk to a guide and see what the situation is..."

They started walking towards the gates. After a while Leonardo stopped "Hey Nynlata, I just thought of something. Did we not see those assassins while on the ship? Maybe they could take us to the Great Maw... or at least tell us whether they can take me back to my homeland... I should have thought of it sooner!"

Kifgat decided he had better be prepared just in case. He "revved" his internal source of magic, filling his body with pure magic. It would not convert to heat unless he did something with it. He could easily produce enough energy to destroy the camp. The problem was letting it out. Once he attempted to influence the outside world with it it would convert to heat along with whatever he intended it to. He whispered two words, forming a dead man's switch style ward. It required no power to do, but would release his internal reservoir if he were killed as pure heat. Just in case.

Reluctantly, Soyokaze landed and folded her wings back. Steeling herself for the enclosed space, she entered the inn with Sifo. She swept her eyes over the patrons. Fortunately, none seemed immediately hostile. She looked up at Sifo as he spoke.

She shrugged, not quite understanding why he couldn't do it himself. "Yeah.. alright."

The avariel made her way up to the bar and waved over the bartender. "Excuse me.. is the owner present?"

Nynlata stared at Leonardo blanckly for a moment, "youre not serious are you??...." she said whilst leaving a pause after her words, "I know im not fermiliar with the assassins here, and it my be no guide to go by i know, but the assassins in my plane of existance diddnt take too kindly to outsiders." she shrugged, "Buut if you want to drag us into a den full of bloodthirsty assassins be my guest." she chuckled. "Although, by what ive heard do far they do seem to be my kind of people. I got a good scent of them as they came by, i could search with those of similar scent and apperance. Goodness knows were not swimming all the way to go fetch them. Oh well ive got nothing better to do, " she said as she let out a broad grin, "And if theres a possible chance of mayhem along the way al the better."

"I thought you knew we were heading to a den of blood-thirsty assassins when we set off, I'm merely suggesting we talk to them as a means of getting there sooner..."

Nynlata nodded, "I knew." she said after letting out a short chortle "i was just wondering if you did is all" she added with a slight sarcastic tone to her voice. " I guess ill be sniffing them out then? Hmmn.... I wonder... what am i going to do to keep myself entertained once youve found passage to your home." she thought a moment before continuing ,"Is your relm any fun?"