Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Raskit was laughing uproariously, he enjoyed the sight of the people brandishing swords, of course some of them would be more likely to hurt themselves as anyone else, thanks to the spirits racing around. Upon seeing the beggar he grinned, he then condensed a bit of moisture from the air, forming a ball of water, he transformed the very outside of it to ice, creating a shell that would hold it in shape but break on a slight impact, and hurled it at the man, it would just give him a nice splash in the face. Even a maniac enjoys a little harmless mischief from time to time. He may even jump the guy, in a moment.

Kifgat hissed, the sound well above human hearing. He doubted his magic would be as rudimentary as the guy thought. Smug, thats what this guy was. Oh, he would play ball, but he wouldn't like it. Like he had said, get this behind him, get on with his life.

"Right, let me guess, rugs need moving? A random idiot gets on your nerves and you want me to rough him up?" If he had known the guy was this tough he would have shot him. His pistol was about as quite as a silenced human weapon. Or maybe he would have just hit harder, he had been aiming for "Don't shatter the fragile human's skull"

(OOC: I hate how I KNOW Raskit would fall for this, so to stay in character I have to do it, but I smell a trap here.)

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soyokaze's already-large eyes went wide as the proud shopkeeper described the cloak. It was a garment fit for a king indeed, or in her case a high priestess. On the other hand, she worried that she might not have enough coin or barter for such a thing.

"Madame seamstress it is a wonderful cloak and I'd love to have it, there's no denying that, but I am not sure I can give you fair tender for it. As you can see, I'm not of this world and to be honest, I'm not even sure what is used for currency here. Here, let me show you what I have, and perhaps we can come to terms."

Soyokaze moved to a table and began laying out her possessions, a small pouch containing four gold coins and a small roll of bandages, a finely crafted obsidian dagger and a matching set of three slender-bladed throwing knives, all previously hidden under her dress. She looked up at the seamstress.

"I should hope to keep the dagger and bandages, at least, for protection."

Leonardo walked quickly through the streets making his way back to the bar. He found it eventually and went inside.

"Hi what'll it b- hey you were here before weren't you, with that dog-thing, that was you wasn't it?" the barmaid stared at him inquisitively.

"Yeah...that was me" he said, the barmaid looked at him plainly

"You didn't pay for your drink"

"ah...."

Leonardo thought back, "damn I didn't..."

"Well...."

"Uh...well what?"

"Pay up idiot!"

He looked at her blankly "I have...no money"

"Surely you have something" she said, eying the sword on his belt

Leonardo ignored her suggestion "all I have is....." He rummaged through his pockets "this health potion, uh... will it cover the bill?"

"I'll go get the manager"

Nynlata inconspicuously ducked into an alleyway the moment no one was looking in order for her to case the immediate area. After ahwile of moving through the backalleys and eyeing certain shops of intrest she slowed to a stop as the scent of antiques touched her nose. The smell was faint but certain, surely items of value. As she rounded the corner and slid back into the crowd Nynlata focused on the shop that the smell had origivated from. It was a rather narrow building that looked topheavy as a few stories rested atop the first, a common tell tale sign that the owners of the shop probably lived there. With a sly grin Nynlata procured her coin from her pouch and flipped it the the air, her grin widned slightly as she looked at it again once she had caught it. "Tales. My favorite." The actual meaning behind her flipping the coin was not only for luck (which she diddnt really beleve in anyway) But was rather for her method of entry. While Heads would be more subtle, Tails would be to cause some sort of chaos or mayhem, big or small.

After her game of chance Nynlata found herself a quiet perch atop a tall wall nearby which she could watch the place for the perfect oppertunity and come up with some sort of plan if there was to be one. Nynlata looked towards the sky and attempted to tell how long it would be till sundown, Nynlata's most active hours.

"What's it worth to people asides from me? Or more importantly, asides from you. Plenty, some o' the mos' val'ble ore in the realm, 'olds an edge beautif'lly an' looks roight nice too. Theres more than twenty tons o' the stuff down at the docks so ya shouldn't have trouble there. Wha ye will 'ave trouble with is bringin it back, it's rather obvious when ye have it so watch yer back an' don' wander into none o' the slimier sections o' the visitor an' merchant quarters or the thieves n' blaggarts'll be all over ye like a bad itch. Not to mention the other dozen folks I sent out to get me some o' the ore. Otherworlders need coin so I pay 'em to make my supply runs, 'course I don't tell 'em spec'f'c direct'ns so not all o' 'em come back with me ore so the-" Here Tink cleared his throat and coughed, "-directionally challeng'd ones might be lookin' to steal yer share. It's a rat race so step lively. if'n ye wan' that trainin' an' that there gun fixed up." Tink grinned broadly.

The seamstress smiled broadly, "You have little priestess but you can offer much for our King, seek him out and tell him of Mila the seamstress, he will send word to me. Do this and you may have the cloak on credit for now and I will consider your bets payed in full when the king has sent word." Her grin was warm and sincere with a slight sparkle of benevolence in her eyes.

The manager at the bar where Leonardo had re-entered was a big burly man with curly red hair and a beard that came down to his collar bone. He had massive cannons for arms with veins popping out of them, his eyes were a bright penetrating blue. He had a warriors physique but the calluses on his hands also indicated that he was a smith. "Well what seems to be the problem here?" He laughed jovially.

The Merchant lead Kifgat inside his tent where there were about twenty chests. He tossed the key to Kifgat. "I would like you to open each of these chests and sort 'em. One can't be opened with that key, keep it seperate. There are rugs, clothes, ceramics and glassware. There should be a stack of five of each of em." The merchant said and walked out of the tent. Perhaps this'll change his mind. He thought.

The beggar grinned broadly as the ice ball came towards him. His hand shot up and across his body like lightning a fireball incinerating the air around him, the orb was instantly melted and evaporated. A few of the people around him grabbed their arms or faces as the hot air scorched their skin, a few paid no heed to it as they were immune. The beggars crimson red eyes were exposed for the first time. "This...Shall be fun." The beggar tore a hole in his leggings near his upper thy exposing black armor and a hidden shortsword with notches at the hilt. He rapidly drew the weapon and moved inside the circle of the crowd. "Let's remove these petty destractions shall we?" a spiraling flame ascended from his off-hand and shattered all of the pots and released the magic binding the objects in their deranged flights.

ooc: I understand and this should be an entertaining little side story.

Leonardo looked directly into the piercing blue of the managers eyes "I didn't pay for a drink I had earlier and it seems that I have no money"

"He didn't drink cheaply either the bastard, look at him, look at his sword, I thought he was good for it, he certainly looks rich enough, says all he has is this health potion but who knows what's in this thing..."

Soyokaze blinked in surprise. Did this woman know of her desire to see the king? She hadn't mentioned it. And she was willing to give her the cloak if she'd only go see the king, and mention her name. It sounded too good to be true, but the lady seemed sincere.

She bowed her head graciously. "Thank you, mistress. I had already planned to seek an audience with the king, I will be sure to mention your name."

She gathered her things and took the cloak from the seamstress. She carefully folded her wings and wrapped the cloak around her body.

"Before I go, do you have any last bits of advice for me?"

Nynlata lowered her neack as she watched the shopkeeper leave his shop for a moment, placing a sign on the door stating that it was closed for the rest of the day. Nynlata chortled "bit early to turn in isnt it?" she said to herself as she watched him step inside. A few moments went by before Nynlata jumped down from her perch and slinked up towards the back door. Looking through the keyhole, Nynlata deduced that the bottom section of the shop had already been closed off and the merchant had moved off to the higher levels with his family. Checking the streets to see that no one was watching, Nynlata procured her skeleton keys and began trying the lock, it being quite different to what she was used to. Nynlata growled as her clumbersone paws fumbled with the lock and after a few minuts she decided to shift herself back into her elven form. Nynlata shuddered after the change was complete ill never truly get used to that... she thought to herself. Nynlata picked up the keys and attempted to open the lock once more, this time being succsessful she opned the door quietly and crouched inside. On the second landing she could hear the merchant having some sort of argument with a female voice. Judging by his age Nynlata presumed it could probably be his wife.

The shop was dark and filled with old relics, the shop itself had a scent of age to it, mixed in with that of polished wood. Nynlata stepped forward but froze as the light from a candle illuminated the top of the stairs, follwed by the bang of a door being slammed shut.

"Who does that woman think she is! THIS is MY house! these are MY rules!" he continued to ramble as he came down the stairs, heading towards his precious antiques. Not knowing what else to do Nynlata dove under a table thats sides were closed off, making it a perfect hiding place.

The shopkeeper wandered on aimlessly for a moment before going over each and every item he had, stating its age and price affectionatly as if they were teh love of his life rather than his family.

Nynlata grinned thanks for the inventory gramps, now ill know just what to grab

The shopkeeper wandered over to an odd looking orb and wheigted it in his hands, "Ah my beuty.... youve seen so many years havnt you? No, even if another comes in with enough coin to buy you i wont give you away... such fine craftsmanship..."

As he rambled on Nynlata rolled her eyes. she had settled on the item of her choice, merely because of its sentimental value. Knowing this if she couldnt sell it to another she could randsome it back to the owner.

Nynlata stepped out from under the desks and drew her blades, "Right then, enoughs enough mr crazy. Hand it over." she said as she pointed her blades towards the shopkeeper.

He whipmered a moment before holding the orb close to his chest as he would an infant. "N...nn.. no!" he stuttred, backing away to the stairs.

Nynlata tightned her grip on her blades and forced lightning through the conductive metal via her hands, a truly mennacing sight.

OOC: leaving a gap here for potentially anything to happen *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink* :P

Raskit screamed in joy, he drew his blade and leaped off the roof, landed in a crouch then stood and rushed into the crowd circle where he stopped, spread his feet wide, right foot leading, left back, his knees slightly bent, his shield raised with his scimitar held low. his eyes just a bit higher than the shield. He shouted out, in a deep voice, a single word, his veins glowed again and the weaker willed people in the crowd were forced to step back, the rest would follow suit just so they did not look like they wanted in on the fight.

"You wanna dance huh?" Raskit hissed, "So tell me, who am I dancin' with?" He grinned happily

Kifgat gave a quizzical look at the man's back. "Well, then I AM moving rugs!" He went over to each chest and opened them, the one that did not open he slid to the side. He began to remove the contents from each. Placing them in piles based on the material of each.

(I am sure there is more to this than "he removed it all and placed in piles 'done!'" then walk away. I considered having him run off, but I recognize you as the kind of GM who would pull a dirty little chronomancer trick on me)