Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

OOC: First I apologize everyone for not being on as often as I'd like, things have been hectic and I aplogize for that. Soccer season is done for me so I suddenly have a plethora of free time but my Eagle Scout Project consumes a lot of that. A little more on topic regarding the RP my current character and also my second one Iwas going to introduce later serve little more purpose than as plot devices so I think it's best if they are considered NPCs lemme know if this is an issue to anybody, I just feel that they are more plot devices than anything else. Oh and MetalDragon you are 100% correct. :devil:

The frightened trader's eyes suddenly widened even further and became slightly misty, his chest heaved only just as a crimson rose of blood blossomed from his bussom (I'm pretty sure I mispelled that...) and collapsed on the floor, a black arrow sticking out of his back. A dark figure emerged from the shadows still holding its bow. It stooped and picked up the magnificent orb. "Old, senile fool. You never did understand the true worth of this relic." It chuckled, the voice neither masculine nor feminine, likey masked by magic then turned twards Nynlata, "I'd guess you have 20 minutes before a proper investigation can be mounted, take what you will but this-" Its eyes and, indeed, entire face, were obscured by a blackmask and hood, it wore jet black, lusterless armor with many spikes, the only part that wasn't black was a pearly circle over its right pectoral,"This is mine." The figure seemed to evaporate into the gloom and jettisoned off of the floor and crashed through a window into the city sky...

The burly tavern master held a piece of paper in his hand and said to Leonardo "Hmm, seems you owe us about 20 Sparks. I'll tell ya what, ye obvi'sly need some coin an' we need a new bouncer, just a man who'll take care o' the riff-raff cause I can't take care o' the finances an' beat the livin' daylights outta any snot-nosed lil' s*** what causes trouble round 'ere at the same time. We'll pay ye 10 Sparks an hour to be the bouncer an' ye can quit whenever ye like so long as ye let us know 'afore ye go takin' off. So how's that sound to yer lad?"

The withered old merchant returned to the tent and surveyed the sorting that Kifgat had done, "Well done, yer debt is payed but ye certainly need a lil' 'elp 'round 'ere so 'eres a bit more compensat'n" The old man tossed a strange rusted key that split in to three prongs in a roughly triangular shape with several teeth on each prong then left the tent and returned to his stall. When he turned he had a ghost of a smile on his face...

The 'beggar' grinned as he circled Raskit, "Names aren't important during the battle stranger. If you best me-or yield, I will humor you and tell you but not before then." His voice was deep and had a slight rhythm and melody to it as he spoke he twirled his shortsword backwards and forwards to loosen his wrist and arm, as he did so he drew a small vial from within his rags and held it in his off hand hidden from view. In case I need to put him down he thought, This oughta distract the guards enough for the others to get everything done.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Raskit grinned openly, "Actually, my sentiments exactly, I have come to find some holier-than-thou fighters think names are a big deal, so just checking."

Before he even finished talking he spun his wrist for flourish and stepped forward, shield leading, then swung the shield wide to impede the man's weapon arm, swinging the flat side of his blade at the man's other shoulder.

Kifgat took a guess and went over to the chest he had set aside, and stuck the key in the lock...

"You are very kind sir, and I thank you for it. Before I accept however, tell me how much a room for the night would cost, so I can put your currency into perspective. I have never heard of these 'sparks'..."

OOC: What is the time at the moment? I'm having trouble working it out.

ooc: To give out of game perspective think of a Spark as fairly similar in value to a septim (as in TES) or a bottle cap (as in FO). To standardize things let's say that it's dusk. The sun hasn't set yet but it's very close and I'll start posting times (relevance of sun position rather than actual times) to help keep things set so...

DUSK

"A room for the night'd run ye 'bout 15 Sparks. Ye didn't drink cheap lad that's fer sher but there be more expensive booze than that," The innkeeper laughed. "If'n ye decide to work 'ere more than just fer the two hours ye owe us then so long as ye put in a bare minimum of five hours a day yer room'll be free. Food'll come utta yer paycheck assumin' ye eat 'ere that is."

ooc: Meant to post this with the previous post but my internet had been spazzy and i had to re-type it several times so i forgot. Sorry Neko.

The seamstress smiled, "Just remember, trust your instincts over your mind and your heart over your instincts." She beamed and ushered Soyo out the door.

The dark haired man dropped as the shield came towards him, he caught himself on his off hand, the vial suspended hidden in his shirt by a single black strand, he pivoted off his off hand rapidly aiming for decking the Orc by taking out his ankles, simoultaneously he slashed upwards at his adversary's wrist bearing the shield.

The chest contained a small brown pach that clinked slightly and a strange oblong bundle wrapped in boar-hide and bound in sinew. A strange reward indeed.

Raskit jumped, avoiding the blow to the ankles, he turned his wrist, moving the shield to deflect the blow, then moving the whole arm out of danger. This guy was quick, he was used to fighting human knights, he would have to remember the lessons learned from fighting elves. He drew back, came to a defensive crouch favoring the shield, he considered using magic, but decided against it. He was not a weak sorcerer by any means, but he was not a particularly good one either. He could guess this guy was good. He did not want to get into a magic fight without demonic assistance. In any case, he was not about to charge the guy again right away. Get a better idea of his fighting style first.

Kifgat opened the bundle, his curiosity would probably catch up to him some day.

"alright, I get to it then" Leonardo walked to the door and stood by it, leaning against the wall. Observing people as they walked inside, he tried to make mental notes on the weapons each person was carrying, though he soon gave up. He sighed, scratched the back of his neck and watched the sky slowly redden as the sun set.

Nynlata stepped back and allowed the merchant to fall, the first thing to attack her scences was the smell.... blood. her eyes widned before she shook her head furiously, consentraiting her attention on the figure infront of her. "OY! i dont care who the hell you think you are!" before she could continue her tyrade he dissappeared, leaving the body behind him.

Nynlata heard muffled voices from the top landing penitrate the door and seem to grow louder as they seemed to get closer. Nynlata let out a curse before grabbing a random vase before running out teh back of the shop. attempting to keep a cool composure as her heart pounded within her chest. She walked over to what looked like a bucket of water and washed what little blood splattered onto her clothing, all the while mumbling to herself.

The "Black" as she called it was what she would decend into if she either changed too frequently or was caught offguard by either the smell or sight of blood. Nynlata had trained herself to resist the Black since the day it begun its constant pull in the depths of her mind.

Nynlata wringed out the cloth that she had used to wipe herself clean all the while reminding herself to pay better attention in such a situation.

With her clothes clean Nynlata set off down the streets, vase carefully carried under her arm. id need to wait for morning first before i could sell this thing.... she thought to herself as she unknowingly walked back towards the tavern that both she and Leonardo had first stumbled across.

OOC: sorry for the double post but i have bad news....... my mothers yanking my chain and killing my computer for an entire month due to exams. So any who will please take Nynlata over for me as i probably wont be back in time to RP at all. Whoever does take her over you have my permission.

i guess... ill see you guys in a month..... maybe...

((Uh oh. :sad: ))

Soyokaze smiled and nodded, thanking the seamstress again as she was hurried out the door. She paused in the street a moment, pondering her next move. She could just as well fly herself right to the castle and try to get an audience with the king, but that might not work too well here. It didn't even work in her own world, there were protocols that had to be followed.

Money was the answer, she concluded. Money greases the wheels of politics, and she had very little of value according to the seamstress. She'd need to rectify that.

She recalled what the seamstress had said as she was ushered out. Trust your instincts. What was her first instinct?

She spread her wings, and flew up to a rooftop, lighting there with her cloak wrapped carefully about her waist so it wouldn't interfere. She let the wind play through her feathers, and it gave her an answer. When she opened her eyes, she found herself flying toward the castle.

"Sorry, Sifo... it looks as if I won't be rejoining you so soon," she murmured to herself.