Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The man noticed a few people, travelers mostly, stairing at them. "What ye lookin at ye swabs? Get outta here! Git!" He yelled. He stowed the flint-lock pistol in his belt. "Follow me to my ship mateys where we can be left in piece. Now just relax tain't no harm gonna come to ye. Especially when yer with me. Aye?" He said in a suprisingly soft and friendly voice, it had a slight melody to it that had gravelled over through years of shouting orders and commands but it was evident that once he had a fantastic voie and he had clearly aged more than he looked.

Soyokaze looked at the strange weapons brandished by both men. She'd never seen such things before, but she was quite sure they were indeed weapons. The small man's weapon seemed to be newer and fancier than the old man's smallish boomstick. It probably made a bigger boom, she surmised. He was questioning why they should follow him.

Soyo almost questioned him herself when the older man suggested going to his ship, despite his assurances that no harm would come to them.

"So long as.. we talk somewhere in the open..on deck," she said. If need be, she probably could force her way out of a shipboard cabin, but she didn't want to try.

The tall sailor walked quickly thumping gently on the dock he nodded at a few unsavory looking fellows as they shouted greetings and etceteras. At the end of the dock was a small dingy with a short, mousy looking man holding two oars. He waited for Sifo and Soyo to get in. "Comon Mr. James, put yer back into it." He said in a light-hearted joking manner as the mousy man started to row, and row he did, the littled dingy moved rapidly. They quickly left the bay and went behind a rocky outcropping where they could see a massive ship. It's lines and form looked almost elven in nature but there was a stateliness to it that felt altogether different. The sides and decking of the ship were made of the finest mahogany, teak and ebony (the lumber not the metal) while the railings and roofing were gilded. Many men were on deck scrubbing away any stains and bird droppings from the long days at sea. The four triangular sails were enourmous. Each bore a large blue and white sweeping characature that looked like two U's intersecting except for the third and largest sail which had a great blue and white eagle emblazoned on it. At the top of each mast was a small crimson pennent again the third and largest was slightly different on it was emblazoned a black, three-headed dog. Near the bow of the ship was a set of golden lettering "Mad Dog" it read. As the dingy approached the massive ship closer great dwarven cannon could be seen on the top deck, the others were hidden behind the closed portholes but one knew they were there. Along with the cannon, on the main deck were about two dozen ballistas, great crossbow-like weapons armed with massive bolts to tear through sails, mounted on the sides of all of them were buckets of pitch and old cloth and sail material. When they were along side a rope ladder was tossed down which the tall Sailor grabbed adeptly and climbed with an ease and grace indicative of a man who'd spent his life at sea. Before he even reached the deck more lines were thrown down to the dingy where Mr. James began fastening them to the small vessel for it to be hoisted aboard. "Well matey's welcome aboard! Is this open enough for ye?"

"What we need to talk about is who ya just pissed off." The tall sailor said succenly very serious. "Ye may have heard him saying something about the Aether Charts. Well the fact that someone's got the balls to try to get them tells me a lot about the present state of affairs in our fair land of Armageddon. Plus I can tell ye've got spunk and yer not just some bilge rat who wached on shore. And the little lady I can tell is special, not very often you see someone that can fly and isn't a Drakkar. I'm also gonna warn the both o' ye. Y'need to get the bloody hell off a this here island and fast. All hell's about to break loose." He said gravely. "Yer knew in the realm so let me clue you in. Every island has a mortal ruler and a lot of them get pretty power hungry. Now the one with the most power is actually the one who just wants to sit around and enjoy life. The King of Saros has a massive target on 'is back and everyone and their brother wants to be the one to hit the mark. Now there's all these guilds of assassin's about. Me thinks there's one here on Chrunus and they're plotting to kill 'im. Now if that be true the Creed of Darkness is gonna be here soon and perform what they call a Purge. They're gonna find out who these assassin's are and they'll do whatever they have to to find them and gut 'em. The Creed is on Saros see and the Diety there, Inferno, is their patron and he wants his King and island protected so they'll kick anyones arse what wants to stop that see." He paused for a bit, noticing the blank stares on the two young peoples' faces, "Alright, long story short, stay here you die, don't stay here you don't die and I can offer you transport and some knowledge besides. If ye wanna go back to port be my guest, Jamesy here'll take ye back."

"Alright laddie, in order. The Creed of Darkness is an order of assassin's so strong and so nasty they'll break you in half, eat yer guts for breakfast and yer heart for a snack then through yer bloody rotten corpse into a maelstrom so ye best not piss 'em off. A Purge is when said Creedy get's wind of a plot against one of three beings: Inferno, the god or pathaura of fire and darkness, Likarz, the god of poison, death and assassins, or the Monarch of Saros, then they go to town using whatever means necesarry to uncover this lil' plot and make the souls of these idiots scream an' wail an' moan fer mercy in an awefull hell and find out who hired 'em then slaughter the lot of 'em. Ye'll die if ye stay on that isle 'cause msot everybody on that isle is going to die in the Purge. And all ye be needin' to know about the Aether Charts is that they're magic, they're valuable, and they're ours. If ye touch 'em we're mighty sentimental for pirates and we'll sooner gut ye and eat yer liver than let ye get yer grubby fingerprints all over it so leave 'em be. And also don't go thinkin that if'n ye steal 'em we can sail no more cause they're just for posterity, I got 'em all memorized ater the years and we can and will hunt ye down. And finally about not takin orders like ona me crew, ye damn well not, I wouldn't have ye in me crew to save me life ye landlubber, just cause ye can jump all fancy up a rope don't mean ye can sail half as good as me crew. Respect me ship an we'll have no problems savvy?" The mysterious sailor shot off looking down the side of his beautiful ship at the mud spot. We had just scrubbed the hull too. He thought.

OOC: during the week I'm much busier so don't expect as nearly as much speed to the RP during the week. between school and soccer I can post only a few times a week.

The avariel listened to the captain's speech, describing the world--and apparently, it was indeed a new world--that she and the other man had somehow been transported to. There was talk of a powerful king who seemingly had little ambition, guilds of assassins, and some sort of group calling themselves the Creed of Darkness. A king who lacked a hunger for more power and territory was often the kind of king who would be fair and just, she thought. She wanted to know more about this king.

When the other man called to her to ask if she were coming, she nodded, spreading her wings and easily jumping up onto the deck of the ship.

"In my land, there was a prophecy, many think it refers to me. It said I would be taken from my people when I was needed most. I think that need may be here... tell me more of this king of Saros."