Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

"Oh he's a decent guy to be sure. Taxes on Saros are the lowest in Armageddon, at least where taxes exist. Military barely sees any action but is a well oiled defensive machine. He really doesn't do a whole lot really lass. The mortal King has very little power he sets taxes and such but he's not the court system so he doesn't handle much. He likes to kick back and enjoy the good life in his palace, fairly personable too, had to speak with him once, he doesn't like it too much when ye steal his ship see? He's very reasonable though he let me go and all that and here's me pretty self. The monarchs and other mortal rulers aren't were the power lies missie it be with the Pathaura, the gods of this realm. And he happens to have one of the strongest as his patron, Inferno. He's on of the First Four Pathaura to be 'born' and since he's the ruler of the mortals of the isle he's got Inferno's favor which ain't bad, you don't need very many other people's favor if'n ye got one of the First Four's, but other monarchs want to kill the king and take the throne for therselves so they getall the fire and shadow and such of Inferno's lovely lil' isle. Lot's of assassin's have been hired but the real mystery is why the Rangers of Eleria are after 'im but I'm sick o' talk time for some rum." He ended rather abruptly then went off towards his cabin, leaving Soyo with a blank stare.

Far across the seas on the island so long talked about two men conversed. One was a virtual giant, standing nearly 8 feet tall, he had reptilian scales, great leathery wings and a tail. He wore a black cloak and lusterless black armor save for two silver circlets that resembled pearls on either side of his chest. The Drakkar was called Maim-Claw and in the strange subterranean refuge that the men stood in his word was law. Across from him was a man about 6' 4" with greasy black hair that hung close to his shoulders standing in the same fearsome black armor, he had but one circlet on the right side of his chest, with a strip of black silken cloth draped from it over his shoulder down to his waist. His eyes were a blood red and his entire body as riddled with scars. "Do you think it wise father?" the human asked in his bass voice.

"I do Kriak, she is ready and you need all the help you can get." The dragon-like being murmured in a soft, rasping voice.

"Not that milord I do not doubt your wisdom regarding those of our order but what of the Purge? Do you think we truelly must invade Chrunus? I think it calls for more...discretion than an all out slaughter." Kriak apologized quickly and repaired his meaning.

"You may be right however we must act quickly, the Purge is a swift thing and that is why I had thought it best, however if you can make your interrogations while keeping your prescence unknown then so be it. But take her with you, soon the two of you shall work along side one another and it's high-time she got the training she'll need. And it's also time you learn to forget and work with others." He said.

"Very well," Kriak sighed, "I shall go fetch her." He strode out not making a sound.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soyokaze stared at the captain's back as he walked away from them, her brow furrowed. He hadn't even asked their names. Still, this realm seemed strange indeed. And dangerous. It would, by all counts, seem safer to stay aboard this ship. As a bonus, being aboard an ocean vessel would provide her plenty of freedom to fly. She looked to the other man who was, like her, a newcomer to this world.

"I suppose I will be staying here, that is assuming the crew doesn't feel unlucky having a female aboard. You're.. new to this world too, right? I guess we should know each other's name, at least. I am Soyokaze." She offered a hand to Sifo. "Friends call me Breeze." Her normal voice--as opposed to her wind-amplified command voice--was soft and melodic, almost musical.

Soyokaze nodded, understanding his need for sleep. He had obviously come from an entirely different world from her, no telling what time it had been when he was taken. Asking about, she managed to find a sheet to throw over the man. Having done that, she made her way to the bow of the ship, even walking right up the bowsprit, which raised quite a few eyebrows among the crew. Seeming perfectly calm on what would have been precarious balance for any normal person, she stared out at the sea, and the island off to the side, and wondered what awaited her in this world which the captain had called by the foreboding name "Armageddon."

Deep in the forest of Isle Ados a silver haired elf laying on his back quickly opened his eyes and groaned "Well that certainly wasn't pleasant. I do believe i'll be a little less trusting of mad wizards from now on." The silver haired elf looked with a disappointed expression. "I was hoping for something a little more.. Civilized." His disappointment was quickly replaced by curiosity however as soon as he noticed the silver leaves on the trees above him. "Well that's a bit unusual." He rolled over on his front and cocked his head to the side as he plucked a blade of grass from the ground and held it close up to his eyes. "And that even more so." He whispered. He sniffed the blade of grass then shrugged. "Although discoloration of Flora isn't all that rare in the presence of high power magics. It is possible that my arrival could have caused this change... That or this is it's natural coloring... I'm hoping for the former.. Though it does appear to be your average everyday old grass. Quite odd. "Perhaps i should take a sample with me and show it to a local, Perhaps they will be able to tell what's wrong with it." His looked up and saw that all around him the normal green and brown colors of countless other forests were replaced with gold and silver. A grin slowly spread across the Elfs face. "Or perhaps i should stop talking to myself and pay closer attention to my surroundings." Takum chuckled as he got to his feet.

Takum spent some time examining the trees. It was very rare for him to find a place with such different coloring. "It is rather pathetic that i get this excited over something as simple as a color change. Buuut... Considering that everywhere else just HAS to have the same looks, Things get REEEAAALLY dull after awhile..... AND WHO THE HELL AM I TALKING TO?!?!?!" He spun around to see if anyone was near him and growled. "No one.. Perfect. Good going Takum. now it's official... You have completely gone off the deep end.. Must look like a raving mad man by now. Not even a bloody Squirrel to talk to. Though to be entirely honest... They're not good listeners. Though it could just be that i'm not talking fast enough for them. BUT NO MATTER! I'll contemplate that later, Right noooww. I must figure out " He grabbed a hold a nearby tree trunk and shook it. "WHY YOU ARE GOLD!" He let go of the tree and paced back and forth in front of it. "I've ruled out natural color as it does have faint traces of magic to it, Though to be honest.... This whole place have magical energy going around. Leads me to believe that either someone's got too much time on their hands.. Or someone important likes these colors aannd..... Uh oh.." He quickly snapped to attention, loosing all interest in the floral coloring. His eyes darted back and forth between the gaps in the trees. "Ooohh i am a fool. Why didn't i consider that earlier. It's entirely possible that this forest is private property belonging to someone rather important and they asked for a custom paint job. Would explain why i have the feeling that i shouldn't be here.. Though that happens to me rather often. though i suppose getting caught wouldn't be too bad... Maybe then i'd figure out where and when i am exactly... And maybe even why." He shrugged to himself then put his hands in his pockets and strolled through the forest while whistling a tune.

Nynlata let off a low growl as the fight continued, the stench of the sailors and the general public around her was beginning to give her a headache. However, her vigil had not been for naught, as the two fighted, she quietly catalogued their scents so she could follow them later. After all It's no every day you see a winged elf and another stranger that smells like a world of death and decay.

Nynlata slinked off towards the Visalis and intently focused her sences on the two, dulling the other smells around her. When the fight seemed to have reached its peak Nylata scented another right before a loud noise got her attention. She peered over the railings of the Visalis and made note of the third in the red doublet. She tilted her head to the side, allowing some of the light reflected off the waters surface brush against her dark skin. They were moving on now... To where she did not know as of yet. strangers or aquaintences.... she wondered quietly to herself.

Nynlata had waited a few moments before setting up a few wards around her ship. If anyone would be stupid enough to try pick the locks or even get into the hold of the ship, there would probably be a large explosion followed by fire and flying bodyparts.

Nynlata walked off the gangplank and sniffed the air, their scent was already getting cold. Nynlata quickly looked around, she would need her other form if she wanted to catch them quickly. From what she could tell there was only a few people in the immediate area, but at this point she diddn't really care who was and who was not watching her. She broke into a run and forced herself into the change, the sickening sound of organs sloshing into their new form reached her ears and the agony of an instantanious change ran through her body, as usual the pain diddn't last long. The wind rushed through her fur as she sprinted to catch up.

Nynlata skidded to a halt as she noted the change in the direction of the scent. Nynlata let off a low growl as she realised that they had made off in a small boat.

Normaly, Nynlata would just give up then and there rather than swim through cold water just to see what was going on offshore. This time however, Nynlata couldnt help but feel that she was missong out on something important. Without a word she dove into the water and followed the light scents across the water towards the ship. "Theyre getting stronger...." she said in a rough tone before identifying the ship. Nynlata used a rope that was hanging off the side to heave herself up, she used other grips and ropes to pull her onto the bow of the boat. As she pulled herself up her cainine face was inches away from the winged being she had seen not too long ago. Nynlata attempted to let off a smile to show she meant no harm, however it ended up looking fore like a snarl than an actual smile.

---------------------------------------------

Waru awoke with a start, she rubbed her eyes for a moment, perhaps it had all been some kind of horrible dream. For a moment it could have seemed to be nothing but a dream as she first suspected..... But no.... it felt different here, even the moisture in the air felt different than it did before. Slowly, Waru removed her hands from her eyes, only to be met with a spectacular sight. Trees with silver leaves swayed gently in the brease. "This is nothing of the planes...." For a moment she considered if she could still be dreaming but quickly brushed that thought away as she could clearly feel the pull and sway of unseen waters. Waru got to her feet and felt as loose strands of her light hair brushed against her face. She walked over to her sword which was lying some way away and attatched it to its resting place at her side. Waru closed her eyes and lifted her head to the light. In her homeland she had a pale skin but here she seemed to be a ghostly white as the light danced across her skin.

For a split second Waru and thought she heard someone talking, and for another second realides that her gaurd had been down the entire time. She spun round a rested her hand lightly on the katana's hilt, the blade began to run cold as it resonated with its master. Waru ignored the current splendor of her surroundings and moved towards the noise. She stoped and hesitated a moment as she clearly heard someone shouting, to whom she did not yet know even though she couldn't sence anyone other than the first. "Hostility will only breed hostility." she said quietly to herself as she removed her hand from her blade before stepping out into the open. Waru's eyes fixed upon the percieved silver haired elf as she stopped, merely looking at him for a moment before she got the curage to close the distance between them. "Who are you?" Was the only thing she could think of saying. The water lead her here, here is where she is supposed to be. She took another step forward, she had spoken too quietly he probably just diddnt hear me she thought. "Excuse me, who are you?" she said again a bit louder this time round. Co-incidentaly her voice sounded oddly like the rushing of water.

She awakes..."another dreem god damit" runs through her head followed quickly by "my journal....rifts.... strange people...

i've got to right this down ". as she finnishes the scrbble sweat from the heat surrounding her appears on her skin. "the tavern.

.." she gasps out then quickly gathers her armor blade's and her journal and then jumps out herroom window leaveing anouther

the leather of her journal..."Vear`e ~ Haka" she reminds her self...forever hunted...forever hunting her farther....

but in the mean time anouther contact...some Saros legon officer or something like that...the last name on a list of meny dead.

occ:sorry about not poasting yet... slow typest

Nynlata turned her attention to the man standing with an odd looking weapon she quickly cocked her head to the side in an unusual movement. Cautiously she moved forward over the railing, her full size becoming apparent as she eased herself onto her two back legs. Nynlata leant forward and scented the odd looking weapon that the man pointed towards her head, it smelt as odd as it looked. Nynlata was even more surprised that he spoke a language that she could understand. Even more odd was the fact that nearly all the strange folk did.

"Explain? Explain to someone that is even stranger than I?" she said in more a rough growl than anything else, only for the reason that she couldn't exactly produce a completely normal voice in her current form. "I followed you both for that reason..." she let her muzzle creep into a grinn that again looked more like an oddly practiced snarl. "Youre strange." For the fun of it Nynlata mimiked his stance even holding her paws in the same position he held his weapon. perhaps they are not used to my kind.... He seemes to like the winged one of elven decent. Perhaps an introduction might be in order.. With that Nynlata bowed and forced herself into her elven form, her fur slipping back beneth her skin and again her bones and innards shifted. With a flinch she finished the transformation and rose. "Names Nynlata Redmoon, Bloodseeker and theif. But you may call me shadow if you wish... Its easyer to remeber..." her voice now a softer tone. Nynlata turned her attention to his weapon again. "Contraty to popular belief i'm not here to start a fight so i suggest lowereing your.... weapon. If not a fight may be in the imminant future. I don't like feeling threttned...." she said as she casualy rested her right hand on the hilt of one of her twin blades at her waist.