Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

At the request of several sailors, the winged one had moved off the long forward spar to stand on the deck proper, and it was here that Nynlata's sudden appearance surprised her. She let out a sharp gasp and stepped back, almost reaching for the dagger hidden under her dress. Within moments, Sifo arrived, pointing his strange weapon at the creature, and Soyo retreated further from the railing. If it came to violence, she would need distance.

The beast climbed slowly over the rail, boarding the ship. Now seeing her full form, Soyokaze recognized the beast as a werewolf. Winds began to swirl about Soyokaze, toying with her hair and rippling round her dress, ready to obey her command. Then, the werewolf spoke.

"Explain? Explain to someone that is even stranger than I? I followed you both for that reason..."

Soyo blinked. From what she knew of werewolves, they lost their higher thought and reason on shifting, becoming mere animals driven by bloodlust, yet here was this one, talking to her and Sifo. Strange world indeed. The winds around Soyo died down, but soon sprang up again when the werewolf shifted. Her form was elven, but the skin was remarkably similar to that of a drow. Drow being the antithesis of avariel, the two races had a deeper than normal hatred for each other, even amonth the avariel aesthetes. Soyo was an extremely rare exception, though she may not hate the pitiable, troglodyte dark elves, she held no illusions that this one might just as well be planning to slit her throat at night. Little did she know that the elf before her was not an elf of her world, but mer of Tamriel, an altogether different sort of elf, and her fears were unfounded.

Still, she would try to establish peace. She reached out to put a hand on Sifo's rifle and gently push it downward.

"There'll be no fighting here... this drow, even with her lycanthropy, is tremendously outnumbered," she said softly. "I accept that you did not come here for a fight, but your kind and mine are enemies, drow, and yours is the enemy of nearly every race that lives on the surface. So why have you come here?" She addressed the dark elf.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Takum stopped in his tracks and cocked his head to the side. "That's actually a rather good question, Though a tad bit more complicated than what it would seem. Unless of course you're merely wanting to know my name, In which case it's Takum. Now it's my turn." He spun around and looked at her for a moment before walking up to her. "What's you're name? What are you? Where are you from? Why are you here? Does this place belong to you? Too many questions at once? That's alright i can find out most on my own." He scratched at his chin as he started to examine her, Not considering what she thought of him he went about trying to discern her race and possible homeland.

"Lets see, Female obviously, White hair, purple eyes, Pale skin, long pointed ears, Oriental clothing, Katana...Hmm...Not human that's for sure. Possibly elf buut i'm not so sure. Planetouched possibly. Either by wind or water. Yes.. i'm betting on some for of water being, Spirit, guardian or possibly a Dragon in humanoid form. Thooouugh You don't have the whole Dragon feeling so i'm guessing one of the other two." He crossed his arms and grinned. "So which is it?"

Nynlata tilted her head to the side in a curious expression, "Drow? You speak as if you would know my kind yet you would address me as a cave dweller. I have not met you nor Dunmer that would originate from dwellings from under earth. Even my ancestral specter has not spoken of such things. For all i know you could have come from the realm of Sheogorath and was touched by his madness." Perhaps she is not even of Tamriel or the planes... Nynlata felt uneasy around the winged one, she had the air of a high elf about her but there was something just as strange as the island itself about her, making Nynlata more than a bit uneasy.

Nynlata straightened herself and her grip on her twin blades tightened slightly, feeling the rising tension in the air. Nynlata wrinkled her nose for a moment before continuing, "Did i not already state my reasons for being here?" she paused a moment "Ah, or do you perhaps mean the reason for me being here in general," she let off a slight smirk "If i may, ill answer a question with a question and maybe you’ll find my answer with yours. Why are YOU here?"

Nynlata had always had the habit of answering in a slight riddle, the chance of confusing the one she was talking to was enough to keep her entertained and distracted to keep the yearning at bay, the constant tugging at her mind. Nynlata couldn’t help but feel constricted and threatened as her abrupt appearance drew the attention of the nearby sailors. If there was one thing she didn’t like it was feeling like she was being threatened. After all, a dog that’s cornered will lash out at the one cornering it. At this point in time all Nynlata could do was attempt to push back the primal instinct of fight or flight, albeit not too successfully as she felt herself shift into a defensive stance.

---------------------------------------------------

Waru merely stared at the elf as he examined her, startled mostly by the complete disregard of personal space. " How about i answer your questions as you ask them.... He of elven nature. If your name is Takum my name is Waru Himitsu, or as most call me Lady of the water’s edge. I am a spirit of the water as you so observantly figured. I am from a land outside a city called Neverwinter, although its far from the mare of dead men. As to why i am here, the waters of my last land became cloudy with the king of darkness's shadows and so i followed the flow to this place. But if you go deeper into the question of why i am here i do not know.... The true reason being fate as i could fathom. But fate is an illusion, put forth by those who hate to think their lives are ruled by chance. As it stance Chance is all there is to life even though it can sometimes be predicted, but thats going rather off the subject.

Waru circled him for a moment, "And from the likes of you i can guess that you are not from this land either but rather from a nother. correct?" she said with a slight smile as she innocently raised an eyebrow.

Soyo was somewhat surprised when the dunmer denied being drow. Remembering where she was, it was entirely possible the woman before her wasn't of any relation to the drow, and had probably never heard of them. Soyo certainly hadn't heard of this Sheogorath character the dunmer mentioned.

She bowed her head, saying,"forgive me, it's just that you look so much like one... I meant no offense."

The wind swirling around her died down. She took a step forward, offering a hand. "I am Soyokaze, transported here by probably the same magiks which brought you and Sifo here." She gestured to the man next to her. "We were brought here by the captain of this ship, who promised us safety and passage."

"That's right, it be mine. And lad ye'd do best to remember that your lil' Steyr Scout Tactical will do ye no good until ye learn a few more things about this realm. Welcome aboard lassie, I see yer every bit as unique as these two blaggarts and me crew." The tall sailor gestured to his crew, a motley assortment of all kinds of people from all kinds of races and backgrounds, altmer, dunmer, Europeans, Americans, wolven creatures, the bossun appeared to be a highly intelligent land dreugh. Sarosians, Anarzians, and even a few undead crewed the strange ship. "As ye kin see this ain't no ordnary ship mateys, this is the Mad Dog and we take all kinds aboard, and we take all kinds of jobs. Now I happen to know a thing or two about the political state of affairs here in the isles so I manage to keep meself clear of it and I can tell all o'ye are special and ye'll join with the different factions 'round the realm and ye'll do well, I like havin' friends in high places ye see. Ye may have noticed that no matter what direction the ship be sailin the wind and the currents be with us. A nice little advantage." He rambled on then caught himself. "But I digress, we're bound for one of two ports of call, I can take ye to Saros or to Isla Ados, to have some fun I won't tell ye a thing more about either one of 'em haharr." He said in his strange jovial way.

Soyokaze was a bit startled to hear the captain's voice again, she hadn't been expecting him any time soon. She turned to look toward him, and for the first time, truly noticed the diversity of the crew. Among them, she could spot some even of the same race as the werewolf lady. Why hadn't she noticed them before?

"Oh, stop, I'm not so special..." She chuckled, blushing, "I am intrigued by Saros, but I will go...wherever the wind blows. It could be useful to get to know the other players, after all..."

She looked over at Sifo as he started his rapid-fire questioning about his weapon, which was apparently called "Scout" for some reason or other. As this talk was just babble to her, she looked back to the dunmer-werewolf, and shrugged.

Nynlata nodded at soyo before leaning up against the railings, "Correct, In this regard. I was sailing my ship, the Visalis out of the harbour called Anvil followed by..." she let out a sarcastic cough, "a contingent of guaurds. apparently they don't like the whole 'i steal you'r boat' thing."

Nynlata turned her attention back towards Sifio. "Curiosity killed the cat, but it seems the lack thereof puts him to sleep..." she said boldly before letting out a sigh.

The captain gave Nynlata a start as she diddnt scent him coming, but after all with so many smells in one place it was hard to pick out one when youre not consentrating. Nynlata nodded her head in thanks at the guesture of safe passage on the ship. Unique was a term she was unfermilliar with as most in her homeland would attack her on sight screaming either the words 'monster', 'murderer, or 'thief'. No unique was a word she was yet to be called. Nynlata listened carefully to the captains praposal, feeling slightly more at ease as there were races on the ship she could now recognise.

"So, you are willing to take us across to either one of these islands.... in the return for?" she left the scentence unfinished deliberately. perhaps i could merely sail behind this ship, so that i could get off the island if trouble stirrs... her thought was cut short as she heard an explosion in the distance, it wasn't extremely large, however it was just visible from the ship, Instantly she could feel a drain in her energy as the ship was blown to bits. Nynlata let off a grunt and a sigh before turning back to the captain and Soyo"Well....... that WAS my ship. seems like some stupid idiot tried to steal it and set off my wards... oh well" she shrugged, "if i can't keep it i make sure no one can." she began grumbling quietly to herself as she folded her arms "steal from me and youll regret it...." she directed more to the distance to anyone in perticular.

"I agree with Soyokaze Saros sounds interesing. Lets just hope its somewhere dry.... I've had enough of wet..."

"Well lad this 'ere realm's got a whole new setta rules for ya t'learn and ye best start learnin quick if ye ain't no good with a sword or somat like that. If ye want to shoot yer lil' gun there and do anythin' with it but make a man laugh his arse off ye need to learn what places ye kin shoot it without magic, and if'n ye wanna shoot it anywheres, well then ye best learn chronomancy. About maintenance on Saros there be a man who came from the planet they call Earth, year 1876 on that planet then, now he never made a gun's fancy as yours but he's repaired and tinkered with everything from that realm since the time o' that great war ye had in the country called America I bet and I'll wager 'e can make that tinkertoy ten times stronger atleast and last five times as long." The captain regailed.

Sipho murmured, "Yeah, yeah, yeah...chronomancy...Saros...." then fell asleep.

Although slightly peeved the captain turned to the girls and answered some of their questions, "I only ask that ye remember me if'n yer in need of a ride or if'n yer feelin charitable about diplomatic immunities." He laughed sardonically after the last request, bitter about his ill-be-gotten fate. "A 'pirate' ain't too welcome in any realm really. Y'know how many boats I've taken at sea? One, one stinkin' bloody ship and it wasn't even from a navy! It was from a pirate! Bloody rotten bunch o' bull that is." He stewed, "But 'nough o' all that, Saros it is then. Who know ye might just get ta meet ole' bloody eyes himself on his way to Chrunus haharr!" He chuckled at his own inside joke. "It'll take some time to get there, bout a week I'd wager, if'n ye want to check out the ship, feel free, but if'n somethin's locked it ain't mean to be opened, this only applies to crew footlockers n' such and the alcohol storage, if'n ye want some just make yer mark and give it to the cooky, he'll mark ye down ad fetch ye a bottle o' yer poison o' pleasure, yer rationed see? Ye only get so many bottles o' booze every week, higher alcohol content the fewer bottles. Most o' the men go fer the grog, watered down 'white lightnin' so there tain't a whole lotta alcohol but it'll put some hair on yer chest. Now if'n ye'll excuse me I best be off to look to the charts, it be nice to keep a log of everywhere we been an all." He said in his jovial manner as he began to slowly wander towards his cabin.