Armageddon: Before the Rift

Zephyr2011

Soyokaze listened to the captain's instructions to Sifo as well, being curious about this "gun" thing. Obviously the captain had seen many a body arrive here carrying one, use it, and have something unexpected happen, and he knew why. He spoke of chronomancy, the magic of manipulating time, and Soyo wondered if chrono mages were common here. In her world, it was extremely rare.

She put a hand to her tummy as she felt it churn in protest of not being fed. She grimaced. She knew this would come. The galley would be below decks, and she'd have to face her fear of being cut off from the sky if she wanted to eat. Steeling herself, she asked a crewmember for directions, and headed below, wrapping her wings around herself tightly.

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The galley was populated by afar more refined group of men an women, all were emaculately clean, a far cry from the average ship cooks, and they prepared themost fantastic meals from the many realms and islands the Mad Dog had visited. Flans, trifles, cheesecakes, suffles (mispelled I'm sure.), puddings and tarts were prepared with a beautiful meticulousness in one part of the kitchen as great boar were roasted, fowls were turned and carved, fish seared and other meats grilled sending a deep, savory aroma wafting through the galley and the mess hall. To be sure the Mad Dog was not just a beautiful and powerful ship it was also the finest dining hall to sail the seas. The head cook walked between tables speaking with the individual crewmen who enjoyed hearty steaks, soups, and chowders regularly but when they longed for a more exotic or complex meal they had the brilliant intricacies of the fine pastries and specially seasoned fish and game. He asked them all what they liked about whatever they had and what they did not, if there was too much salt, was mising something, if he wasn't to tell their mother that they prefered the chowder aboard to her own. He oversaw their experience and his crew's cooking with a fiery passion for all things culinary, he changed recipes on the fly, they were all kept posted on the walls in the kitchen and changed several times daily, always being refined to be the most delicious and comforting food that the sailors could ask for. The 'cooky' himself was a tall lanky fellow who stood almost seven feet tall, he had eyes that looked like lava, being marbled all different hughes and shades of red, orange, yellow and charcoal, all the body fat on him had concentrated on his small pot-belly giving him a slightly comical appearance, he had a flowing beard almost down to his chest it was the color of cornsilk and matched his tied back hair.

The captain meanwhile stood in his quarters looking over a massive sea chart that moved and shifted at his command, he muttered incantations, swears, and enchantments showing and hiding different things on the map and his own frustration, this voyage wasn't going to be as nearly as pleasant as he had hoped...

Soyo's already large eyes widened at the sight of all the foods. Thoroughly distracted from her phobia, she made her way among the people in the galley, marveling at it all. How all this was possible escaped her, as best she knew of sea travel, the fare was limited and very basic. It must be due to being so close to a city, she thought, that would explain it nicely.

After she was finished taking in the wondrous sights and smells, she took a seat and asked the head cook for a fairly simple meal of fruit and fish. She couldn't resist getting a slice of that cool, creamy cheesecake as well. When her food was delivered, she thanked the man graciously, and began to eat.

OOC:alright Gormonk were sorry to see you go but its understandable the RP is progressing quite quickly

The head cook saw his new patrons eat some of his most basic and most complex dishes and grinned ear to ear as they dug in. One of the sailors walked in and handed him a sealed note. Upon reading it all the happiness from his visage vanished and was replaced with an unbelieably pale palor. He headed out quickly to the captains quaters. The cook was not only that but also the first mate and one of the most accomplished chronomancers any realm had ever seen thus a lot of burden was placed upon his shoulders when the ship was out of port and difficulties arose.

Meanwhile on Isla Ados the two newcomers gazed at the wondrous forest and conversed but their talking was to be iterrupted by a great gutteral and reptilian roar.

Leonardo lay still, he was dimly conscious of the sound of waves and a distant bird crying. Something was digging into his back and a though crossed his mind as to what it could be. He sat up and it all hit him at once, he was on that boat in the middle of a vast ocean with no oars, water or food. With a start his body comprehended an immense hunger and thirst and he slumped back down. He felt around behind him and found his sword which he gazed at before falling back into unconsciousness. The boat drifted towards a distant landmass as if drawn by a mysterious tide.

OOC: Zephyr, I have no idea about the island of Saros, so can someone find my character to save me having to make something up?

OOC: Zephyr, I have no idea about the island of Saros, so can someone find my character to save me having to make something up?

OOC: Sadness, there's a description of it in the very first post of the actual RP itself, it's volcanic and rather dark yet elegant and refined just read the description.

Leonardo's small craft suddenly stood still as the sky began to darken, on the horizon opposite the shore a small black dot could be made out, unfortunately it wasn't in any position to rescue him yet.

The captain and cook of the Mad Dog stood on her great mahogany decks. "You want me to do what?" the cook blurted with wide eyes.

"I want you to help me get us through that-" the captain pointed to the darkening skies near Saros and the sea beneath them.

"Are you insane? I can't cast a spell powerful enough to slow that down!" The cook yelled, "Raedic have you lost your mind?"

"Well it's that or we all go down with the ship, you and I are the only chronomancers on board and none of the crew can shift the water or the winds. Old fire and brimstone wants us dead and unless we can get through that maelstrom he's going to get his way." Raedic said as calmly as possible given the circumstances.

"What about that elf girl? She looked capable and if her wings are any indication she's probably got some kind of wind magic." The cook hoped fervently.

"If she does then fantastic, if not we better work our asses off to speed this ship up and slow those currents down or we're all gonna be swimming in the Abyss."

As they spoke great, crimson lightning arced from the black skies down towards the roiling sea, the currents near the undersea shelf of Saros were whirling and the surface was churning and swirling into a massive whirlpool with gale force winds blowing in every direction. Massive sharks, a hundred feet in length soared through the air breaching and striking different sea life that had been caught off-guard by the sudden open maw in the waves. More lightning struck spidering throughout the waters giving it an eerie red glow, dancing with a sinister light, the winds picked up more, the sails tugged in every direction.

"Ah poo." were the only words the helmsman had when he saw the ever-expanding vortex of damnation.

OOC: Embarrassment, sorry I thought all the information was in the "RP announcements" page and thus thats all I actually paid attention to...

As Leonardo's rowboat passed through the worlds he experienced a massive change, temperatures dropped and previously docile waters became turbulent and rough. Icy cold waters lashed Leonardo's face propelling him out of his sleep. His hunger replaced by fear, Leonardo sat up just as a massive wave hit his boat, launching him into the air. His sword, his only possession was ripped out of his hands by the sea and without thinking Leonardo plunged into the water in pursuit.