Trouble rendering Capital Wasteland in G.E.C.K.

Commander19

Hello,

The G.E.C.K for whatever for the past couple of months has not been rendering the Capital Wasteland Worldspace properly. What I mean by that is I used to be able to transition through every cell in the Capital Wasteland and it would render pretty quickly. Now, like I said for whatever reason it only renders the cell I double clicked on to load and no other cells render and the rest is just a void it does this for every file. For example if I load one of my mods and I wanted to build a structure out there, sometimes it can be difficult ,but you may have an idea of where to build the location, well... I can't do that because it only renders that specific part of the Capital Wasteland. Even if I were to just load up Fallout 3.esm by itself, it still does the same thing. It never used to do this ,but after I stopped using the G.E.C.K. for an extensive period of time it began doing this.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong? Perhaps GECKCustom or GECKPrefs has an error? I don't know any help would be greatly appreciated :)

Hello,

The G.E.C.K for whatever for the past couple of months has not been rendering the Capital Wasteland Worldspace properly. What I mean by that is I used to be able to transition through every cell in the Capital Wasteland and it would render pretty quickly. Now, like I said for whatever reason it only renders the cell I double clicked on to load and no other cells render and the rest is just a void it does this for every file. For example if I load one of my mods and I wanted to build a structure out there, sometimes it can be difficult ,but you may have an idea of where to build the location, well... I can't do that because it only renders that specific part of the Capital Wasteland. Even if I were to just load up Fallout 3.esm by itself, it still does the same thing. It never used to do this ,but after I stopped using the G.E.C.K. for an extensive period of time it began doing this.

Anyone have any idea what is wrong? Perhaps GECKCustom or GECKPrefs has an error? I don't know any help would be greatly appreciated :)

The GECK hates you! http://www.thenexusforums.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/wallbash.gif

No seriously, I would trash your GECKCustom and, GECKPrefs. it sounds like some odd function was toggled. My 6 month old kitten decided it would be fun to dance on my keyboard while I was trying to mod. I have no idea what keys he stomped on but, it caused all kinds of havok for me. I got frustrated trying to fix it and killed all of my preferences, Things when back to normal after that.

Just a guess and, I hope it helps.

Chuck