What country are you from?

Deleted1217574User

Which continent?  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Which continent do you live on?

I've never heard if a death linked to water moccasins.

But Steve Irwin was not killed on dry land. A whipray impaled him through the chest with a very large poisoned barb. And you can find those pretty much anywhere with warm shallow oceans.

And you'll have to forgive me but I really dont understand patriotism-or nationalism. As far as Im concerned we're all human till we start shooting at other humans simply for diagreements. Some people very easily stand up and go into a raving fervour about their homeland. I dont understand this. It's most common in america and europe-and in very small countries. So I often wonder if those patriots would be half as zealous had they been born in somalia, or cambodia.

I just can not empathise with it at all, this hyper possesiveness over a patch of rock you didnt even evolve on. Especialy when it's a puny rock. The one's I understand the least are nations like north korea. Pitifuly weak militarily, with an outdated military and a seemingly rather unreliable nueclear program as liekly to blow themselves up as us, but still constantly howling imposible threats and raving about their "undending might".

I agree, man. I was just kidding about it all anyway. I mean, I'm personally not a huge fan of my country at all. Yeah, it's great for some things, but others... Eh, not so much. Sorry if I came across as overly zealous, I just meant it all in good fun.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Canada here. it's got it's problems and it's got it's wonderful moments. but all in all I'm glad I live here. Just wish it never got cold in winter..

Welcome Fellow Canadian, finally :thumbsup:

Handshakes :biggrin:

Winters do suck at times, so does the Summer, especially with 40+ temps. Humidity sucks.

Canada is a country I like-it seems to treasure the bizaar and wierd like nowhere else, atleast, judging b the 20 or so canadian's I've met, almost all of whom were free spirited, expressive, and quirky.