How mods shaped Skyrim and how they will shape TES VI

TWarrior

I just made this video after realising i made something similar at Skyrim's release with Oblivion mods.

Skyrim took huge inspiration in Oblivion's mods (deadly reflex for killmoves for example) and so the next installment in the TES franchise will most likely do so with Skyrim's mods.
Mods in chronological order:
Interesting NPCs (1:26)
Morskom Estate (6:00)
Bonemold Expanded (7:28)
Loot and Degradation (8:38)

Obviously. It's not even a secret. Allowing modding is the single most effective, time-efficient and cost-efficient way to gain insight in what and how to improve. We a literary telling them exactly what the masses of players want by. They just need to take that into their new games.

There is a reason the ToS state that anything used in a mod belongs to Bethesda and they get the rights to it. If you make a mod that is beyond awesome - it will most likely be the inspiration for future content in a TES or Fallout game.

Guess we should expect larger breasts then huh?

Rofl, but really of course they took inspiration from mods you should take a look at FO3 and then FNV they pretty much took a mod and implemented it (not even some what, they really took the whole mod. Hint its the whole weapon upgrade system lol.). But thats the way it is and should be imo it helps keep them in touch with the PC user base and that is a good thing.

Definitely something that is fun to speculate about.

Interestingly I don't use as many total overhauls for Skyrim as I did for Oblivion. While my first play experience in Skyrim was shockingly reminiscent of my last playthrough in Oblivion since many of my favorite mods had obviously been cribbed from, I doubt I will have that experience when I play TESVI simply because I don't play nor do I have much interest in many of the most popular overhauls. In fact I would say my first playthrough of Skyrim was more similar to my last playthrough of Oblivion than my first playthrough of Oblivion was to my last.