Most painful moment in life.

Keanumoreira

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today.

My best friend died today, and it first, it was painful...

But you know what guys? It doesn't matter, for although it hurt, now I am happy.

She's free. :sweat:

Wow. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm guessing your friend can't much older than you, right? For some...life is just far too short.

Let's lighten the topic though. Painful things that have happened to me:

Physically:

- Getting a Gamecube controller chucked at my face. Those things are so freaking durable.

- Slamming my big toe in the car door.

- Slamming my hand in the car door.

- Rode a bike, hit a bump, handle twisted basically 90 degrees. I fell on top of it. With my stomach.

- Got run over by a golf cart. By my best friend.

- Kicked a hard piece of coral while swimming. Was stuck in me for weeks.

- Cut my finger with a kitchen scissors.

Mentally, I have had a lot of painful things happen to me. I won't say everything, but a good friend of mine almost committed suicide by jumping off a library building in New York City. He was often bullied and took up karate spontaneously; I believe it was a way to defend himself, or at least have the feeling of being able to. I've never talked to him for two years now. I also have only one grandparent left, and I've watched them all die at bedside. And most of my other relatives are old and dying. I went to visit my aunt today (who is doing better, but can't even feed herself.) I hate being in those carehomes...I hate to just watch people simply exist, not live. It's like they are just waiting to die...

Today.

My best friend died today, and it first, it was painful...

But you know what guys? It doesn't matter, for although it hurt, now I am happy.

She's free. :sweat:

- Getting a Gamecube controller chucked at my face.

- Slamming my big toe in the car door.

- Slamming my hand in the car door.

- Got run over by a golf cart. By my best friend.

- Kicked a hard piece of coral while swimming. Was stuck in me for weeks.

- Cut my finger with a kitchen scissors.

These things actually help me feel a little better. But no offense of course. :happy:

Getting born... You get yanked from a nice warm comfortable place that was the only world you knew of, and instantly assaulted by tight spaces, bright lights, loud sounds, cold air, then we get smacked. The most painful and traumatic moment that we never remember, but share with nearly everyone else in the world. If people could relive it (and not as some contrived new-age thing), perhaps they would be better able to relate to their common man.

Getting born... You get yanked from a nice warm comfortable place that was the only world you knew of, and instantly assaulted by tight spaces, bright lights, loud sounds, cold air, then we get smacked. The most painful and traumatic moment that we never remember, but share with nearly everyone else in the world. If people could relive it (and not as some contrived new-age thing), perhaps they would be better able to relate to their common man.

That's one memory I think I would have avoided to revist the most of all. :laugh:

I dunno, I think the person giving birth to it is in more pain. Although the crying fromthe baby might indicate something.

Orly?

Getting your hand stuck in a car door is nothing. I have long hair. Short haired people dont know what pain is. I once had a taxi driver slam the door and drive off with my hair firmly caught in the door. Son of a fish not only nearly ripped my hair out, he dragged me halfway down the street too, before I pulled the keys out and rightfully called him what he was.

That genuinely hurts.

But have you ever hurt yourself so badly you actualy vomited and then blacked out? I have. I once sliced my hand open. The school that I first went to was stupid enough to spave their assambly area in ag-basalt. This is savage stuff. It's the tar substance they make roads out of, with razor sharp basaltic rocks forming a broken glass-like surface. This was ostensibly to give better purchace for playing games, but nearly killed a girl when she fell and it almost tore her throat out, not to mention hospitalising a further 6 students before it was shut down for shear idiocy.

I was pushed over on it by a schoolteacher. The retarded woman having no idea just what a bad move that was. I put my hands up to shield my face, not wanting to be permanantly disfigued like that poor girl, and it sliced my right hand open on a line from thumb to pinky, across the palm. This basalt rock razorblade cut a gash across my palm that left a skinflap covering about 40% of the surface area of my palm.

But it also sliced through the tactile nerves. it hurt so badly I blacked out, and woke up vomiting. My hand still has a faint scar, my left has a more noticeable scar from where the basalt spiked right through to the carpal bones. Yet another reason I hate the queensland education system. You'd have to be brain dead not to see that children playing on a substance as sharp as broken glass was a bad idea.

Also causing of a large amount of hurt: Being expelled from a school "because you're too much work to try and teach" Epic fail of duty of care. Trying to insure a classic car, currently the cost for insuring my old Chrysler is sitting at 400% of it's value. Epic fail, mandatory insurance. Seeing a teacher rather than breaking up a schoolyard fistfight, joining in, and punching an 8 year old girl out cold, but gettign away with it. Epic failure of law enforcment. Criminaly so.

Is your reference to the car door a reference to my post? If so, cool it. It seems some pretty bad things have happened to you, but don't go telling me getting slammed in a car door isn't anything at all. I'm just trying to make someone feel a little better here.

Just want to get that out of the way.